Why Do Horses......

3Beasties

Visit site
think that Black/brown sheep are far more terrifying then white sheep?
blush.gif

why do horses happily graze in the field yet have a complete fit when asked to walk past a clump of grass on the side of the road?
smirk.gif

Why do horses let Cars, Lorries, Tractors and motorbikes pass them out hacking without so much of a glance, but nearly have a heart attack when asked to hack pass a parked car?
shocked.gif

Why do horses stand under tress in howling wind without any concern but turn into complete fruit loop when hacking out in a gentle breeze?
confused.gif

I could add more but will leave that to you.......

Please tell me my horse isn't the only one who acts like this!?!
crazy.gif
smirk.gif

(and no he's not a baby
blush.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif
)!!

only_me

Visit site
My horse isn't spooky (hacked on hard shoulder of main road when baby- not even sure that's legal
tongue.gif
)

Yet he was terrified of a fountain in someone garden yesterday! He was all set to run past it lol!

But our hacks are what you would call awful - but if a horse can hack here they can hack anywhere!!

spike123

Visit site
why does my horse spook at those bright yellow daffodils the first time they come fully into flower and then spook hugely again once they have disappeared

Why does my horse walk through a flood and running water without hesitation and then put in a huge spook when he sees a tiny puddle at the side of the road on a hack

Why is it that when in the field he can stand with his shadow in front of him taking no notice whatsoever but when that shadow is coming alongside him out hacking or in the school it has become a huge horse eating monster and worthy of a good spin or huge sideways leap.

3Beasties

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
why does my horse spook at those bright yellow daffodils the first time they come fully into flower and then spook hugely again once they have disappeared

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah Yes, those scary Horse eating Daffs, mind doesn't like those either!
smirk.gif
blush.gif

annret

Visit site
There's only one hack from our yard and it's very dependent on weather and not safe to do alone as it's on marshy sand.

Horse walked past JCBs, horses galloping in the arena, puddles everywhere & flapping plastic and a bonfire (!!!) too but was absolutely terrified to cross a teeny tiny stream...

which doesn't sound that bad, but considering she had no issue going into the SEA it was a little bizarre to say the least!