Why do people want to own cobs?

aimeetb

Visit site
Yes it is the noble cob steed that is being spoken about..... but pssssssssssst Shils is only doing it for a wind up!!!!!

Oh... Maaaaaannn I think far too much, I had gone off into major consipracy theories and everything, I thought by cobs surely you were talking about the plight of the seal! LOL

I am an idiot! So yeah, I hate cobs! ;) xx

Lainey123

Visit site
DSC_1976.jpg

Because i have a Welsh cob that looks like this. Who would not want him? he's 18 and fighting fit. He goes x-country, hunts, showjumps, dressages and shows. Never sick or sorry, always at the front out hunting, never ever lazy, come on does this cob look lazy? and best of all he has done this all with my 14 year old daughter who got him for her 11th Birthday. And yes, i have a warmblood too.lol.xxxx

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
DSC_1976.jpg

Because i have a Welsh cob that looks like this. Who would not want him? he's 18 and fighting fit. He goes x-country, hunts, showjumps, dressages and shows. Never sick or sorry, always at the front out hunting, never ever lazy, come on does this cob look lazy? and best of all he has done this all with my 14 year old daughter who got him for her 11th Birthday. And yes, i have a warmblood too.lol.xxxx

Welsh D's are exempt from my cob hating ire.
Clearly they don't count.
S :D

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
I 'get' the 'joke' but I don't find it funny. Sorry. You'll have to try harder next time :rolleyes:

I like most horses. Personally,I wouldn't want a cob, but I don't slag off any breed even as a somewhat lame 'joke' because all horse breeds have their place in my opinion. There are enough horse haters out there who believe that horsey people are all rich snobs and that we should only ride on our own rolling acres rather than sullying the public roads with our dirty, smelly steeds, without us horse lovers joining in, even in 'jest'.

D66

Visit site
Shils - I appreciate your humour.
I had a cob once, it was quite good at galloping and jumping but what I did like was that if you stopped urging it forwards it would slow to a halt fairly quickly. Daughters TB has to be told 'stop", - it is a different attitude to life that some of us prefer. The horse's attitude is not necessarily guaranteed by breeding - some warmbloods are born with the handbrake well and truly on. Though of course they could by throwbacks to their carthorse ancestors.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
You know how the saying goes dogs look like thier owners?

Well... could it be that cobs too look like their owners?

lazybee

Visit site
Good God, i have an English Bull Terrier, so i have slitty eyes, pointy ears, lots of teeth a big nose and to top it off stocky build !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to worry though, they're the best looking dogs there are:D

I miss my boy, he retired at 5yrs and lived until 14 :(

Cadfael&Coffee

Visit site
Ok, one final story before bedtime children. This is actually a pre-written one, based on 3 welsh cobs I knew at the time. The background is that there was a man missing, and the local area was being combed by the local police. This kindof needs the personnality of your average welsh cob to be taken into account when reading.

INCIDENT REPORT TO THE HEAD OF THE LOCAL POLICE FORCE

Dear Sir

I am sorry to inform you that our attempt to search the local area had to be abandoned in one particular field. However, I can assure you that I do not believe the missing man to be hiding in that paticular field, since he is believed to be sane, and no sane man would stay there, not alive at any rate. The following is a report on what happened.

0500 hours: The high tech search squad enter an innocent looking field, containing 3 Welsh Section Ds.
0501: The horses appear to be eating, and do not lift their heads.
0505: Colleague A's keys rattle, and the horse's heads immediately go up and they notice the squad for the first time.
0506: 3 men are down and are being squashed against the floor by the beasts. 1 officer is unconscious due to noxious emissions, and a further 2 are unconscious because they didn't get out of the creatures' way fast enough, and appear to have been run over.
0510: Mayday signal is sent via radio for reinforcements. Many casualties. Most appear to have been trampled by the horses, who appear to have mistaken this essential mission for a game of rough and tumble.
05.11: One officer is chased out of the field - it appears the horse was either trying to eat him, or his radio, which generated considerable interest from the equine. he is unable to re-join the mission, since he caught his pants on the fence post and is dangling, and is giggling quite histerically as a pair of vicious looking whiskery lips probe him for the radio.
05.12: Radio contact is lost. The following part of the report had to be put together from the surviving colleague's garbled stories.
05.14: Female officer looses her nerve, runs, and is chased by a vicious beast. Her bra is twanged by said beast's teeth: a lucky escape, I am assured.
05.15: A forensics officer who is bent over a footprint trying to take an image of the evidence, is pushed over from behind. he says the smell of manure has still not washed out of his clothes.
05.16: A brave heroic colleague tries to rescue the fallen officer from the vicious horse. his attempts to shoo the horse appears to cause the horse amusement, and the pair engage in what can only be described as "tit for tat".
05.17: Another officer who has been cornered by one of the beasts, who was waving their backside to and fro in front of him in a manner most threatening, is sat on. The horse's owner assures me that the man would have been fine, had he just scratched the horse's buttocks. I must insist sir, that our colleagues get training in the art of horsemanship, in order to prevent such dangerous situations.
05.18: A colleague so traumatised by the whole event, he stood frozen to the spot is preyed upon by one of the 3 horses. He does not know which one, because it approached from behind, and picked him up by the boxer shorts. I'm afraid I am led to believe that this man was left dangling by the seat of his pants for quite some time. he is a slight man, and the beast seemed to enjoy traumatising him by waving him back and forth.
05.19: A colleage who had been lying in the grass in an attempt to avoid the equine danger is almost stood on by a half tonne of hoof, but narrowly misses it. Unfortunately this is not a happy ending, as he feels a warm sensation from above, and realises that he is being urinated on, by no small means. The brave soul stays still, only moving when the flow of warm wee stops. As he attempts to get up sir, he was whacked in the face by a warm w***y. The man requires extensive counselling.
05.29 The squad run from the field, and are followed by the thundering of hooves. The three beasts persue them, and its man against beast sir, he who is fastest survives. Well sir, I mean horses have 4 legs and can travel quicker than man, and they are thundering towards the bravely fleeing squad. The squad managed to get a fenceline between them and the horses sir, but it looked as if the horses were going to crash through, or possibly go over the fenceline...
05.30am: A bucket rattles from a nearby gateway, which stops the beasts dead in their tracks. I am pleased to report that the squad escaped sir, and 2 of the 3 horses went thundering off to investigate the sound of food. With this in mind Sir, I propose that we do not sue the owners, as would usually be our policy, and bear the cost of the exercise ourselves. the third horse did indeed stop at the sound of the bucket, but remained facing the squad, glaring at them and gnashing his teeth at the grass in a most disconcerting manner.

Sheer genius!!

It took me several attempts to read this cause I was crying so bl**dy much lol!!!!