Why do people want to own cobs?

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I will never understand it.
They are fat, lazy, hairier than Bigfoot, and usually bad tempered.
Their paces are so stilted, that they look as though they've had their legs tied together, which gives the rider a nasty jolty ride.
I suppose I can understand riding schools having them, for the scaredy novices, but once you can rise to the trot, surely you'd buy a decent blood horse, or at least a Warmblood?
Your thoughts?
S :D

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I love cobs and do not go for bigger horses, I have ridden warmbloods and TB's and I prefer my little cobs thankyou :D
I love the fact they are hairy, they are not all fat and lazy, common misconception of which I am positive you are aware, you trouble maker you! :D

LadyRascasse

Visit site
hey she goes again on her own lmao!!!

personally not a cob person by everyone has there own indervidual ideas of the perfect horse.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I have to say i hope this is tongue in cheek!!

I know of several cobs who are light to the leg and one especially that has a natural flair for dressage and literally floats along the ground.

Sweeping statements such as above I think are designed to irritate and provoke unless people know they are not serious!!

Nikki xxx

HumBugsey

Visit site
The hottest and most sensitive horse I've ever ridden was a hunting cob! :p No idea how hairy he was "au natural" as he was clipped out and hogged all the time. He was very sweet, loving and obliging on the ground though, just thought he was a TB when you were in the saddle!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Someone is obviously bored again!

I have a cob because I’m a novice rider and have only just learnt to trot, so a cob is appropriate!
See…….
RP6_07806.jpg

glitterfuzz

Visit site
oooh that post is going to get some angry responses.....

however..... I cant stand them either, send them all to france and eat them! Mabe thats why they are named after a bread roll.... destined to be a burger! Sorry cob owners - I dont like fat hairy sloth horses either!

katherine1975

Visit site
Hi. Please come and ride my husbands cob, she is sharp, fast, very forward going and will hunt all day. We have two cobs and they are both very friendly not at all bad tempered and we are both experienced riders, I wouldn't say either was a novice ride. My mare can buck and my husbands mare is sharp.
pictures004.jpg

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
oooh that post is going to get some angry responses.....

however..... I cant stand them either, send them all to france and eat them! Mabe thats why they are named after a bread roll.... destined to be a burger! Sorry cob owners - I dont like fat hairy sloth horses either!

Now honestly was that really necessary???

I dont have a proper hairy cob and I take bleeding offence to that!!!!

Nikki xxxx:mad:

LittleSoph

southeastriders.myfanforum.org
Just to add my friend has a very nice cob (was hairy once upon a time) and he is anything but slow :p

My cob is incredibly sharp at times! I'm confused as to why anyone would think they were slow??

I challenge anyone who thinks all cobs are ploddy 'sloths', and who's game enough, to come and sit on mine and let me whack him up the arse and live to tell the tale! ;)
Alternatively, come and have a nice ride and I promise he will change your mind.

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
errmm because they keep hold of their shoes,generally don't spook at a single leaf in the hedge that is a slightly different colour from the rest,they don't take exception to a jump wing that has been in the same place for years and has all of a sudden turned into a horse eating monster, they will walk through an entrance one way AND back through again without thing it has turned into the gate way from hell and they don't require you to take out shares in your feed company - can you tell I have two tb's :) :)

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
My cob is incredibly sharp at times! I'm confused as to why anyone would think they were slow??

My post was tongue in cheek so please do not take offence :), I think the stereotype has come from the typical riding school cob plod scenario. Of course not all cobs are slow, that would be like saying all TB's are nutters and all warmbloods are psychotic.

just take the thread as tongue in cheek :D

Hannah123

Visit site
Someone is obviously bored again!

I have a cob because I’m a novice rider and have only just learnt to trot, so a cob is appropriate!
See…….
RP6_07806.jpg

Lmao. You obviously cant ride (OJ) :D
I love cobs they're so cute and full of character.
Some can be slow, but they can move when they want to, trust me :D xx

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
errmm because they keep hold of their shoes,generally don't spook at a single leaf in the hedge that is a slightly different colour from the rest,they don't take exception to a jump wing that has been in the same place for years and has all of a sudden turned into a horse eating monster, they will walk through an entrance one way AND back through again without thing it has turned into the gate way from hell and they don't require you to take out shares in your feed company - can you tell I have two tb's :) :)

I knew mine was a tb really ;)

In truth shils........ I don't like to be too far off the ground ;) :D

moses06

Visit site

I have to disagree with this!! My welsh cob spooks at different coloured leaves, clumps of grass, a hole in the ground etc...And my chunky hooged job is sharper than most TB's I have known!!!!:)
Niether are novice rides!!

glitterfuzz

Visit site
how many cobs do you see doing "proper" affiliated competition? Im not talking low level dressage, I mean PROPER competition. Advanced eventing, grade a show jumpers, advanced dressage? No hairy cobs there! Theyre usefull to riding schools and for novices and for pulling carts. Not really youre sporty type of horse They have their place and its not being owned by me.

those of you offended by the send them to france and eat them post surely you can see thats a joke, if not, you take this too seriously!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
how many cobs do you see doing "proper" affiliated competition? Im not talking low level dressage, I mean PROPER competition. Advanced eventing, grade a show jumpers, advanced dressage? No hairy cobs there! Theyre usefull to riding schools and for novices and for pulling carts. Not really youre sporty type of horse They have their place and its not being owned by me.

those of you offended by the send them to france and eat them post surely you can see thats a joke, if not, you take this too seriously! :D

you need to remember the :D at the end of your post like shils ;) I added one for you ;)