Why do people want to own cobs?

C.C.T

Visit site
I will never understand it.
They are fat, lazy, hairier than Bigfoot, and usually bad tempered.
Their paces are so stilted, that they look as though they've had their legs tied together, which gives the rider a nasty jolty ride.
I suppose I can understand riding schools having them, for the scaredy novices, but once you can rise to the trot, surely you'd buy a decent blood horse, or at least a Warmblood?
Your thoughts?
S :D

That's actually really nasty for you to say!!My friend has a cob who is so muscley its unbelieveable!He is strong fast and a fantastic eventer so its just quite un called for to say that and your just trying to get a reaction!

Dizzydusty

Visit site
That's actually really nasty for you to say!!My friend has a cob who is so muscley its unbelieveable!He is strong fast and a fantastic eventer so its just quite un called for to say that and your just trying to get a reaction!

Looks like it worked then^^^^:D

Keep it up, I think it must be heading for the longest post on H&H...has kept me smiling anyway!

Dizzy (sooper dooper fabby cob owner)

vikkibeth

Visit site
This is why I have a Shire x.
No bottom is as big as hers.
S :D

I love it :D!!!!

Husband and I have just been flicking through this ridiculous thread but finding people's comments absolutely hilarious! Husband can't even vaguely see how anyone could come out with such a silly comment generalising cobs and he's not even a horse person! :eek:

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
I keep a cob as a spare because;

He's always sound, when the snappy legged ones have chipped a hoof.

He's an excellent windbreak for keeping the babies warm.

Find the odd apprentice in his feathers, left behind by the farrier. Always handy to have someone around to pull a twisted shoe.

Carries spare food in his moustache. Handy if you're out all day.

Great for riding with a hangover. Just point and say 'go !'.

Easy to drink coffee and have a fag when riding. Set cob to trot and he just goes, nice and smooth.

Good for riding at speed towards teenage boys outside local comp when they try to spook horses. Very satisfying to see them parting like the Red Sea and yelling, 'Look at the ********** muscle on that !'

Impossible to fall off. Too fat, too near the ground and plenty of hair to hang on to.

Doesn't see the point in bucking, rearing or bolting. Requires too much energy when all excess energy is needed to boost his fat stores. Every sensible horse knows that.

Can be used as a battering ram when gate is stuck.

Cuts a way through overgrown bridlepaths for the dainty horses who hate getting their legs brushed by branches.

Yes, he does make my bum look small. And he's a yob.

indigopony

Visit site
I bet your Thoroughbred cant pull this through the roads...
L1010172.jpg

Dudypony

New User
Visit site
What a obnoxious unthinking post...... cobs are gorgeous and incredibly clever. They may not be everyones fave, but some people could say "why would any one want to own a shire?" Its personal choice. :mad:

Mrs B

Visit site
What a obnoxious unthinking post...... cobs are gorgeous and incredibly clever. They may not be everyones fave, but some people could say "why would any one want to own a shire?" Its personal choice. :mad:

*whispers* Dudypony. Welcome to the forum. But you might just find that this sort of post is a windup...

FanyDuChamp

Visit site

Take no notice, Shills is a wind up merchant!

Lovely pony in your avatar, what a pretty face. Welcome to the forum btw
FDC

Frankie10

Visit site
I've got a very posh wb and a gorgeous Irish gypsy cob. My god- give me my cob any day.he is so damn easy and uncomplicated - love him! !!!

purplelady

Visit site
Hello.
l have a lovely cob who does me fine. who is my frist hands on horse.He looks like he can
not move fast but he can .Just like all horse,s he can play up a little but they all do at some time or other. All horse.s get hairy at some time to.We all like our horse.s no matter what kind
they are they are all lovely to there owns

from purplelady