Why do people want to own cobs?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
OMG, who has broken up from school already?! Lucky mare! I can't believe I was actually working and missed this! Swizz, frankly. :( I might show my thing heaving himself over a jump later, the earth shook as he thundered into it and hoicked himself over, ground cracked and practically swallowed him up the hole he made was so massive!

Sorry, bit rubbish, I was too scared of falling into the resultant hole to actually get on board :p

D66

Visit site
OMG, who has broken up from school already?! Lucky mare! I can't believe I was actually working and missed this! Swizz, frankly. :( I might show my thing heaving himself over a jump later, the earth shook as he thundered into it and hoicked himself over, ground cracked and practically swallowed him up the hole he made was so massive!

It can't really be a cob if it actually took off.:rolleyes:
Have you got him driving yet?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Don't go nuts at the breeching, it was far too loose, I know, this is from years ago. I do wonder if it's feasible to strat driving round where he's stabled. Dunno. OH just looked at me like I was MENTAL when I mentioned maybe backing him to drive. :eek:

Last edited:

JFTDWS

Visit site
Praise the Lord, a newby with an appropriate sense of humour. I expect you'll enjoy your time on here, welcome:D

Seconded! Hi-five cool newbie :D

CT, that's pretty cool. I half fancy teaching Dae to drive... Maybe Fergs too and have a pair. Trials look super fun!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Driving is excellent fun and a suitable job for cobs of all sizes and other horses too.
I have to report that my cob has been hanging around with sport horse types too much he is currently laid up having had an incisor tooth removed last week .
He's very sorry for himself mainly because it slows down his feeding .
needing vets visits every other day is a sport horse trait .

sodapop

Visit site
I love my cob because no matter how much cake I eat his bum is always bigger than mine and his legs will always be hairier than mine- even in winter :)

JackAT

Visit site
Was down at a plant hire place earlier today...asked to rent a bulldozer. "Times are tight you know" came the reply from the burly chap behind the counter.

He then proceeded to show me his latest model, informing me that it was "cheap to buy, easy to maintain, and can still go through 3 feet of solid concrete from a standstill!"

Only catch was that there had to be a carrot on the other side.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Yep, it's a heart attack in a bun - all that flabby cobby flesh!

Ooh, you're at risk of offending the Europeans there JFTD... I think we're the only country that "rides" cobs aren't we? Most other union members eat them as part of a healthy diet.