Why do people want to own cobs?

Mongoose11

Visit site
Horse.love92, I am sorry, but you are very much mistaken. ALL cob lovers/riders/owners are FAT. It's the ONLY reason they would like them.

caseycat

Visit site
My cob is beautifully rotund, so much so as to cause me to have difficulty to hoist my own body on top of his and my stumpy fat legs don't fit either side of his bareback pad, we have resorted to parelli but have not managed to get from the field to the menage yet as there is too much grass to gorge on, i am hoping that once winter sets in we may have a chance to get there, although i don't know if he will be able to move with his 3 heavyweight winter rugs on! :-D

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Oh no does that mean if I continue to loose weight I will have to swap my cob for a TB?? Didn't think of that when I started the diet, better continue eating chocolate then, I like my cob.:D

Well you could sidestep the TB and get a WB?

That's what the skinnies ride these days... the bigger the better so that you need binoculars to see if there IS actually a rider aboard.

tallyho!

Visit site
My cob is beautifully rotund, so much so as to cause me to have difficulty to hoist my own body on top of his and my stumpy fat legs don't fit either side of his bareback pad, we have resorted to parelli but have not managed to get from the field to the menage yet as there is too much grass to gorge on, i am hoping that once winter sets in we may have a chance to get there, although i don't know if he will be able to move with his 3 heavyweight winter rugs on! :-D

Ah yes purrelly... apparently there's a "game" you can play involving hedghogs and supposedly what you do is pierce fat cobs with hedgehogs and they deflate.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Well you could sidestep the TB and get a WB?

That's what the skinnies ride these days... the bigger the better so that you need binoculars to see if there IS actually a rider aboard.

Ah ok and as I am really short a WB would obviously be the perfect choice for me as my legs might just reach the end of the saddle flaps. Not to sure how I would actually get on but I could work on that one. Or I could just remain fat and stick with my fat cob.:D

tallyho!

Visit site
A crane seems a good solution to the obvious mounting difficulties... Come to think of it, there would be a market for 'mounting cranes' for the xxxxw cob. Last I checked mounting blocks don't come with a bridge.

horse.love92

Visit site
I must just say I'm so glad I don't have certain people in this post at my livery yard. Just because someone has a certain breed of horse does not mean that you can stereotype them in any way , they could easily be an excellent rider who owns a cob yet they may have lost their confidence , may not be able to afford maintenance of a thoroughbred or they just find that the cob they bought is the BEST horse in the world. Every cob is different , some act like TBs , others act like a dope on a rope . I think some of the comments in this post are particularly unfair towards others ! If you are happy riding your TB then so be it , but don't feel like you have to be rude to Cob owners !

:D

horse.love92

Visit site
Floxie - my Cob x ISH is by all means not slow in any shape or form !

Also I must add my mother who is 8stone rides a 15.2hh extremely hairy gypsy cob and she is 5ft6 !

TrasaM

Visit site
Ah ok and as I am really short a WB would obviously be the perfect choice for me as my legs might just reach the end of the saddle flaps. Not to sure how I would actually get on but I could work on that one. Or I could just remain fat and stick with my fat cob.:D

:D ah. The pea on a drum look :p very impressive :D

JackAT

Visit site
Rumour has it the sheer weight of cob around Cumbria last week has resulted in the local government having to spend millions repairing potholes, bridges and pavements, likening the destruction to the floods of 2009!

abracadabra

Visit site
I've heard that just as all fat hairy cobs have big thick forelocks they can't see daylight through (hog it), all fat hairy cob owners have big scraggly fringes they can't read through properly (get a haircut).

That's what I heard anyway.

horse.love92

Visit site
null_zps53193d08.jpg

This is my mums horse and he is gorgeous :D

Patterdale

Visit site
Bring in the nets! :D

Are you talking about walk and trot dressage tests? I can't imagine a big fat cob lumbering round the ring in canter with a scaredy novice hanging of the neck strap would beat a lovely elegant warmblood or tb?