Why Keep So Many? And Especially without Riding??

Kitei

Visit site
I started off with a two year old cob. Obviously wasn't going to ride him and honestly wasn't too bothered about it as what I really enjoyed was spending time with him. He's lived out for the past 8 months and has only just turned 3, and I'm still in no rush for him to be broken in. He's still growing and I'm happy to give him another year.

The only time I felt a little resentful of not having a ridden horse was when I was given a neurotic, unbroken 6 year old. I honestly never see myself wanting to ride him, but now that I've fixed most of his issues I've given him to my mum, after she lost her mare in the summer. She's always absolutely doted on him and doesn't want to ride, so she's very happy with him.

That did free up some space, and I then bought Obie. Almost 9 months after getting my first horse. Honestly, if Obie ended up being prematurely retired for any reason, I don't see myself buying another ridden horse whilst I still had my lovely boys. After all, what I really love about them is the interaction.

JJS

Visit site
You all sound amazing! It makes having two on DIY and working full time seem like a walk in the park!