Will she ever stop growing?!

Not_so_brave_anymore

Visit site
It's so funny the pressures we put on ourselves, or how we assume everyone else is somehow doing absolutely everything "better" than us. I've got a scruffy little kids' pony with a fallen crest and absolutely no top line, hideously unfit etc etc. But because she's " just a kids' pony" and we don't do pony club or anything, no one expects any more of her (or me!) But of course these animals are completely oblivious of the labels we give them!

I think she's absolutely gorgeous. I used to have a whacking great Connie x ID grey mare very similar- she was spectacular when she chose to be (but truth be told- she was always a bit much for me!)

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I do think if she isn't full ID, Beast could definitely have a bit of Connie in there. And yes, she is a bit much for me some of the time! MrPF rides her mostly though so I just get to the nice bits and he can do the "not sure if we're going to end up on the moon/rocket up the arse" bit. She is fabulous to ride but also not good for my nerves. ?

OK I can't resist sharing this one too. You need to turn the sound on to hear the greedy little piglet ?

QuantockHills

Visit site
She's beautiful! I also have an ID x, owned since a 4 yo, and has done most growing between 7-10 . I hope that's it now (I dislike being too high off the ground!) and would like to buy a lovely leather saddle instead of the synthetic adjustable one I have, but she had gone up a gullet size again last week, so maybe not... Mine also has the same shape back as yours.I think Janet George (apologies if wrong) said ID's mature late, it's normal for them to still be growing at 8-9
Blimey - do you mean mine hasn't finished growing yet.... Full ID, 7 years old and almost 17hh.... your mare's lovely PF and i dont think it hurts too much going into winter carrying an extra bit... and like others have said, it could just be the photo angle...