William Fox-Pitt

Doris68

Visit site
Awful news. We were watching it livestreamed and saw him go through the water and have a run-out. There was no mention of his fall and there was nothing (apparently) happening to give cause for concern. I sincerely hope that he's OK.

sidsmum

Visit site
Worrying. Apparently they closed the course for an hour getting him treatment and off to a hospital. I hope he is ok.

{97702}

Visit site
I think the problem is that whilst It's obvious it is serious, it is impossible to know how serious? I cannot believe it, I am just desperately hoping he will be OK

marotelle

Visit site
News from France and a member of the Belgian team, is that he has been sedated, is stable but kept under close observation.
Fingers crossed, lets hope for better news tomorrow....

claracanter

Visit site
People do recover from induced comas. Look at Laura Collett for example. Fingers crossed for William. Much love to Alice and family.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
It sounds a bit worrying. I hope he's better soon.

I think Emily King took her post down because it received a lot of criticism from people saying she shouldn't have commented when his own people hadn't at that point. To me she sounded genuinely upset and worried about someone she's known as she grew up. She's only young and a bit silly sometimes (as a lot of us were at that age, we just didn't have such a wide audience when we said/did stupid things).

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Sending well wishes to WFP and hoping for a speedy recovery.

IF he is in a coma It is very important to note it's very normal for people with head injuries to be in an induced coma- it allows the brain to recover and research shows it to be the best way to aid recovery.
All the best WFP- we will await further updates

lannerch

Visit site
I too have been in an induced coma and in fine as well. Unfortunately Means he has a potentially serious head injury though.
Poor William he is a legend. Keeping everything crossed for a full speedy recovery, and please don't retire eventing just wouldn't be the same without him.

whiteroom

Visit site
I would just like to send our very good wishes to Alica and his Children and of course his Mother, Marietta.

Even the most knowledgeable and capable equestrian families would be distressed even if it could be classed a 'known risk'.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Latest update on the British Eventing website.

'19/10/15 update regarding William Fox-Pitt
William had a good night and remains stable and under sedation; he will undergo further tests later today.

On behalf of the Fox-Pitt family and their support team at home, William’s wife Alice Fox-Pitt would like to express her thanks to everyone for their support and well wishes, it means a tremendous amount to them all that everyone is thinking of William.

We ask that the privacy of the family is respected at this time; we will continue to release updates as and when further information is made available.'

All best wishes from here, too.

I've never liked owl holes.

MileAMinute

Visit site
If the sedation is indeed an induced coma, that is quite normal for a head injury to allow it to heal without additional movement/stress. However, as Moomin previously said, 'sedation' is a loose term and can mean anything.

Hope he's on the mend as quickly as possible and back out doing what he loves. He's one of my favourite equestrian athletes.