Window shopping....

Ambers Echo

Visit site
There is a ridden-horse shaped hole in my life so I have started window shopping. (For me a vague intent to start looking on a Monday can be a new horse settled in by Friday as if I see The One I want it NOW) So if anyone wants to help me look, feel free to make suggestions.

It is very frustrating that I sold Deedee who would have been perfect!! But selling her on made total sense at the time, she went to a great home, it was a huge relief and we don't have crystal balls. It is what it is. Sigh.

So anyway: My budget is about 4K. My hopes are for a 'spare' horse to tide me over for a year or 2 while Amber is recovering and then sell on so a sane, safe (sellable) horse who is still good enough for me take eventing and have fun on for a couple of seasons. Age 4+. 15HH +

Prices seem insane. I have sent pms to a few and they have had several people reply that their lightly backed and ridden away 4yo Connies or Connie X horses are 8K. :eek: Dolly was half that just over a year ago at that age. Not sure if I got a bargain with her (it still seemed quite a lot to me for an unproven 4yo) or whether prices have gone through the roof for some reason.

So I am now looking at Ireland. Any thoughts in Irish Sport Equine? Anyone know them? There are a few posts but mixed feelings on here. Dodgy Dealers seems generally positive.

Julia0803

Visit site
I think Catembi got summer from Irish sport equine? I may have got the dealers mixed up but I don’t think so. I’d have a look at her old posts.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I think Catembi got summer from Irish sport equine? I may have got the dealers mixed up but I don’t think so. I’d have a look at her old posts.
ooh yeah. Lots of ... um... feedback on the forum for them.

Does it have to be something irish, AE? Anything connie related seems to add £££ but you could get a nice partbred of another variety at a more sensible price.

CLA85

Visit site
One of mine is from there, I didn’t buy it from there, but it’s definately got her prefix, and I got in touch with her. I’m not great at this techno forum stuff but feel free to PM me.

Neversaydie

Undecided
Visit site
Do you really need one right now? Is this the best time to be buying a horse when yours might actually come right? Give her a chance, if she’s the horse you have made her out to be then don’t write her off. Also I wouldn’t think that filling your riding horse shaped hole is essential travel right now? Buying unseen is a huge risk as it is an dodgy people are taking full advantage of that right now going on the dodgy seller Facebook pages.

Just from Reading your posts you seem to go through a lot of of horses and ponies, Many end up with some sort of lamneness or problem? Maybe a slow down in your approach to buying might mean you don’t have to keep buying and selling/moving on?

Yes people might see this as a party pooper approach but just as an observer to what you are putting on here.

Michen

Visit site
Do you really need one right now? Is this the best time to be buying a horse when yours might actually come right? Give her a chance, if she’s the horse you have made her out to be then don’t write her off. Also I wouldn’t think that filling your riding horse shaped hole is essential travel right now? Buying unseen is a huge risk as it is an dodgy people are taking full advantage of that right now going on the dodgy seller Facebook pages.

Just from Reading your posts you seem to go through a lot of of horses and ponies, Many end up with some sort of lamneness or problem? Maybe a slow down in your approach to buying might mean you don’t have to keep buying and selling/moving on?

Yes people might see this as a party pooper approach but just as an observer to what you are putting on here.

Oh go away- what a silly, nasty post.

Squeak

Visit site
I was surprised this morning as I get horses emailed to me by horsequest every morning and this was the first morning in a while that there'd been a proper influx of horses for sale so hopefully it could actually be a good time.

There were a couple that look like nice types, I'll see if I can find them.

ETA I think it's possibly the other end of the country for you but if you're interested in something Irish I saw that Irish Horse Imports have some in and if you know what you're looking for/ at then I personally think they're a great way to buy an Irish horse.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I've seen a 4yo gelding, over 15hh (nearer 17hh), chesnut appear on my Facebook feed this morning. Lightly backed, lovely sensible attitude and likely to be under £4k.

I imagine he'll be sold very quickly. He's a Suffolk.

*leaves to buy a lottery ticket*

Ambers Echo

Visit site
No- your post was rude, insensitive and unnecessary. You are insinuating AE is to blame for lame horses which is completely unfounded and frankly cruel given how upsetting it is when a beloved horse breaks.

Thanks Michen. I'm used the the insinuation from a small number of posters that I both break horses and that I treat them as disposable. I'd like to point out that issues with horses have been picked up early with expensive diagnostics when vets and others have told tell me they seem ok. And that none has ever had any shortcuts with treatment or rehab. And that I have retired Max not shot him or given him away. Ie maintained my responsibility for his welfare for the rest of his life. But it's a waste of breathe as they don't even read my posts properly and just see what they choose to see in what I say. Amber is going nowhere - ever. Where on earth have I suggested she is being 'written off'. She is having as much time as she needs to come back and if she can't jump anymore then she won't and that's fine too. We can jon the 'dark side'.

So they are all just on UI instead. But it is still hurtful when this cr@p re-appears yet again so I apporeciate the support.

Michen

Visit site
Thanks Michen. I'm used the the insinuation from a small number of posters that I both break horses and that I treat them as disposable. I'd like to point out that issues with horses have been picked up early with expensive diagnostics when vets and others have told tell me they seem ok. And that none has ever had any shortcuts with treatment or rehab. And that I have retired Max not shot him or given him away. Ie maintained my responsibility for his welfare for the rest of his life. But it's a waste of breathe as they don't even read my posts properly and just see what they choose to see in what I say. Amber is going nowhere - ever. Where on earth have I suggested she is being 'written off'. She is having as much time as she needs to come back and if she can't jump anymore then she won't and that's fine too. We can jon the 'dark side'.

So they are all just on UI instead. But it is still hurtful when this cr@p re-appears yet again so I apporeciate the support.

Probably those people are the ones riding horses who are actually lame but they can't or won't see it, or in pain and it goes ignored. Or their horses don't do enough to ever pick up any sort of injury or show any behavioral issues that may indicate a problem.

You haven't suggested for one moment she is written off, you are doing exactly what I did when Boggle broke and I completely get and understand it.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
ooh yeah. Lots of ... um... feedback on the forum for them.

Does it have to be something irish, AE? Anything connie related seems to add £££ but you could get a nice partbred of another variety at a more sensible price.

No I am happy with any breed that will do what I am after. I just know I like Connies so started there. But I think I need to look elsewhere.

JFTDWS

Visit site
from a small number of posters that I both break horses and that I treat them as disposable.

I suspect from a smaller number of posters than might otherwise be apparent :rolleyes:

I don't know what you can get for 4k, but if you want to buy another horse, crack on. It's not like you're going to whack Amber on the barbecue to make space for it. Proper time off works wonders - and if it doesn't, at least you'll have a nice riding horse to work when you're not patting her nose while she lives the life of riley in the field.

Cloball

Visit site
Probably those people are the ones riding horses who are actually lame but they can't or won't see it, or in pain and it goes ignored. Or their horses don't do enough to ever pick up any sort of injury or show any behavioral issues that may indicate a problem.

You haven't suggested for one moment she is written off, you are doing exactly what I did when Boggle broke and I completely get and understand it.
Might be a touch of the green eyed monster. Not everyone can afford to rest one and buy another, not that that makes being rude acceptable.

Peregrina stud had some lush criollo X youngsters recently not sure if they're still available.

Michen

Visit site
Might be a touch of the green eyed monster. Not everyone can afford to rest one and buy another, not that that makes being rude acceptable.

Peregrina stud had some lush criollo X youngsters recently not sure if they're still available.

I nearly added that but It seemed self indulgent to suggest that was the case as I’ve just done the second horse whilst main horse is broken thing!