Window shopping....

Neversaydie

Undecided
Visit site
Probably those people are the ones riding horses who are actually lame but they can't or won't see it, or in pain and it goes ignored. Or their horses don't do enough to ever pick up any sort of injury or show any behavioral issues that may indicate a problem.

You haven't suggested for one moment she is written off, you are doing exactly what I did when Boggle broke and I completely get and understand it.

Sorry to disappoint but you would be perfectly wrong in your assumptions there. However if it makes you feel better to make things up about someone you don’t know then feel free. I know that your assumptions aren’t the truth so you aren’t making anyone else look bad except yourself. I don’t have to prove how lame or sound my horse is. We are however enjoying our time together which is all I require for now.

I wrote my post based on what I have read about the original poster written by herself on here. Just because it doesn’t match what you think doesn’t make it any less valid than anything you have written. I personally have enjoyed watching your thread with your new pony. However this side of you has definitely turned me off from your posts.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Glad you’ve enjoyed Michen’s posts (as we all have). How curious that you don’t view AE’s new journey in the same light, given the circumstances are practically the same ??‍♀️

Also curious as to how you can possibly view AE so negatively given the level of care her horses clearly receive, and the prompt action taken when things don’t go to plan.

Anyway, thoughts and post’s for another day, eh. Let’s not spoil the fun of pony shopping.

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
Glad you’ve enjoyed Michen’s posts (as we all have). How curious that you don’t view AE’s new journey in the same light, given the circumstances are practically the same ??‍♀️

Exactly. I also have two dead horses and obviously one broken horse to my name.

Pretty sure I’ve done a worse job of looking after my lot than AE if you look at the stats!!

Dusty 123

Visit site
I thought windows shopping is something you when you can’t afford. To be honest I would hold off until these lockdown is over you will find it hard to get a horse vetted . Vet are emergency only in Ireland and to be honest the market is bad over here in Ireland and horse prices have gotten very expensive.

Last edited:

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Probably those people are the ones riding horses who are actually lame but they can't or won't see it, or in pain and it goes ignored. Or their horses don't do enough to ever pick up any sort of injury or show any behavioral issues that may indicate a problem.

I do think the post was unnecessary and agree with your sentiment.

But I am just to add another option, I am someone one knowingly riding a not 100% right horse. He's never been 100% for more than a few months, since buying him over several years, and I think I've chased secondary issues, and finally got to primary issues. Lots of rehab and vet referrals and diagonostics etc. I can only afford one horse, and his issues are not things that will improve with turnout, instead he needs careful structured supportive work to build up strength and rebalance his body and feet. On going rehab support and bodywork. It is still frustrating, as it is slow. And no guarantees. But if he doesn't come right, I will probably PTS, and I want to be sure I have given him coming sound every chance.

chaps89

Visit site
I saw this one yesterday that I thought looked sweet and good value given the owner's circumstances

https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/119473344/stunning-competition-horse.html?link=/search?keyword=Stunning+competition+horse
This one has been for sale for quite some time, which baffles me as she sounds so good and priced well. But thought I'd mention she's been advertised a while incase it warrants a bit of further digging (may be totally genuine of course!)
I really like her (why I know her ad, I keep going back to it!) And the HorseQuest one linked to further up thread.

DiNozzo

Visit site
I do think the post was unnecessary and agree with your sentiment.

But I am just to add another option, I am someone one knowingly riding a not 100% right horse. He's never been 100% for more than a few months, since buying him over several years, and I think I've chased secondary issues, and finally got to primary issues. Lots of rehab and vet referrals and diagonostics etc. I can only afford one horse, and his issues are not things that will improve with turnout, instead he needs careful structured supportive work to build up strength and rebalance his body and feet. On going rehab support and bodywork. It is still frustrating, as it is slow. And no guarantees. But if he doesn't come right, I will probably PTS, and I want to be sure I have given him coming sound every chance.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you (and others in your situation- you aren't alone!) are the sort that Michen describes. You know the issue, are working to see if you can resolve the issue and are evaluating him regularly. That's very different to the people who have been on here before and claimed their obviously lame horse is sound and continued jumping etc. and even worse, buting up to jump.

zaminda

Visit site
I hadn't realised that Amber had damaged herself again! On a positive note my mare has had nearly a year off and has consistently been declared sound by the vet since october. 4 weeks into trotting and she seems the best she has in a long time, so I'm hopeful that she stays normal for a while!
Good luck horse shopping, there is a dealer near me who seems to be selling lots at the moment so clearly still for sale. I suspect there will be some bargains to be had in the next month or so.

Wheels

Visit site
I'm sure there will be some bargains coming up once lockdown is lifted a wee bit.

Have you had the MRI for amber now then and a full diagnosis?

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I'm sure there will be some bargains coming up once lockdown is lifted a wee bit.

Have you had the MRI for amber now then and a full diagnosis?

No they aren't doing them for sports injuries and when they restart they have a backlog so it could be up to 3 months. I think it is more likely than not that this is related to the problem at the beginning of September so we are already looking at an issue that has been niggling her for over 8 months. So in the absence of an MRI to tell me otherwise, I am assuming she needs a lengthy period of rest and I am not going to try and bring her back into work anytime soon.

zaminda

Visit site
The horesquest one is at another dealer near me. Looks a nice type and they did have a teenager riding a lot of theirs at one point so relatively safe. Yes I do know him! I also found a companion pony for my MIL at his yard, although she will be ridden if I ever get time.

Wheels

Visit site
No they aren't doing them for sports injuries and when they restart they have a backlog so it could be up to 3 months. I think it is more likely than not that this is related to the problem at the beginning of September so we are already looking at an issue that has been niggling her for over 8 months. So in the absence of an MRI to tell me otherwise, I am assuming she needs a lengthy period of rest and I am not going to try and bring her back into work anytime soon.

I'm really sorry to hear that :(

I'm sure you are missing riding her. I do think there will be bargains on the way if you can wait but if not I might contact the breeder of michens new pony :)

Chippers1

Visit site
Sam Walton on Facebook has such a cute little young dun cob type for sale that I love so even though he doesn't fit your brief I think you should buy him so I can see you post about him ? you're vaguely near ish to me so it wouldn't be too far to buy!

I've also had a nosey a connies recently and I'm shocked at the prices, mine was such an incredible bargain (less than 3k, 9 years old, pretty much perfect PC all rounder although hadn't done a great amount). Enjoy your pony shopping!

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I've had a niggly doubt about Amber before. And been reassured she was fine by vet and physio. I convinced myself I was paranoid because of Ginny and Max. But I really think she's been not quite 100% for long time.

I would agree with this and very often in retrospect we look at the opinions of our vets and physios and other professionals - who of course we like to think we can trust 100 per cent - and further down the line we realise our total reliance on their opinion was totally misplaced and gut instinct and unpopular opinion might just have been good reasoning we didn't hear or didn't want to hear. . . Been there myself and it is a difficult truth to swallow. Bad news for the owner and the horse in question.

On another point that baffles me - are you able to view and get horses vetted now in the UK? I did see OP you are amongst other things, looking across the pond to our Irish horses. I don't blame you we breed the very best horses in the world IMO if you know where to shop and buy - I should know I have two of them lol! But what would be your plans to view and vet etc, let alone arrange transport across Ireland and the Uk to bring it home to you. Or if not now intending to look to Ireland - what is the set up there now with viewing, vetting and transporting?

I realise this started as very much a 'window shopping' post but in your own words you are seriously likely to see an advert and buy very rapidly. Please proceed with extreme caution many apparent bargains are being off loaded right now both here in Ireland and in the Uk to desperate and too hasty buyers. Personally i would keep my money in my pocket until we are much further down the line with this pandemic and sensible viewing, vetting and considered decisions can be made, especially as you have already a few unfortunate horse ownership experiences under your belt. Good luck and lets hope Amber comes sound and this ongoing horse hunting won't even be a consideration.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I think Catembi got summer from Irish sport equine? I may have got the dealers mixed up but I don’t think so. I’d have a look at her old posts.

Unfortunately she was also an undeclared shiverer who arrived with a horrendous cracked hoof disguised with fillers. I wouldn't touch that seller with a proverbial bargepole even if there wasn't a virus around.

greasedweasel

www.chamfronstud.com
I cant find anything about him apart from that photo! He looks lush x

He's Criollo cross Quarter Horse by my old stallion Arrayan Numa - lightly backed and currently home and turned away as far as I know. If you search for Peregrina stud on Facebook Caroline will be happy to chat about him (she has another the same age, chestnut roan). She had a 6yo similarly bred (Criollo x QH x TB) who has been very carefully produced and has a massive jump but he sold to the first person to view him and passed his vetting yesterday.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Their videos look very good. But then it's all in the edit I guess! I won't buy unseen. It was a brief mad impulse. But I am actually quite choosy about what I like sitting on. Some horses give me a great feeling and others just dont and sometimes it's hard to work out why.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
You haven't suggested for one moment she is written off, you are doing exactly what I did when Boggle broke and I completely get and understand it.
And exactly what I did in June 18 when L Fuzzy broke in the early May, hence B Fuzzy arriving untried and seen on video only in mid June that year.....
I totally get it too :)