Windy, windy, wind, please go away!

casspow

Visit site
Anyone else's plans been ruined the last week or so by the utter disgusting weather?
Meant to be going to a dressage clinic tonight but unless the weather dramatically takes a turn for the better I think we'll have to cancel :'(

Sorry just needed a moan! :D

Dazed'n'confused

Visit site
I HATE the wind!! I'm currently trying to force myself to go out with the dogs (unsuccessfully as you can see!)
My horses are all morons when it's this windy, I wanted to take my youngster out hacking today but as I can hardly stand up I think I might pass!!! :D
Hope it relents enough for your clinic tonight :(

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
Yes!!!! Oh and I both have the week off work. Too dangerous for him to go out on his bike and I was shower dodging at the yard this morning. Gearing up to take dog and small child out but I don't think letting her on her scooter is a good idea!!

I flew back from a conference on Sunday. I've never been so scared in a plane. How the pilot landed it I'll never know.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I'm on holiday this week, was hoping to get the Older Appy's fitness plan started, not a chance! I've left them in this morning, with hay, as I can barely walk across the yard. The fields have very little shelter and it has just been raining sideways. I might manage to turn out for a leg stretch this afternoon if it calms down at all.

Mrs G

Visit site
It's not all bad, I got home from the yard in a record beating time with the wind in my favour on my bicycle this morning, not sure the trip back the other way will be so easy!

oldie48

Visit site
I cancelled my lesson this morning although I have it in an indoor school, there are open panels which the wind whips through making an awful noise. Last time we had a lesson when it was very gusty my horse was so tense it was all a bit pointless.

Kikke

Visit site
Yuk, i don't like the wind much either and think it is excually dangerous. Am always surprised when people go on a jolly hack when the wind is wipping round. Horses can't hear so can really be unpredictable and branches falling etc makes it far too dangerous for my liking.
Bit of a pain as wanted to do loads of flat this week as competition on saturday. We shall see how that works out.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I flew back from a conference on Sunday. I've never been so scared in a plane. How the pilot landed it I'll never know.

Yeah know what you mean. We live under the flight path of a regional airport here and by gad I'd hate to be up there in a metal tin bucking and dipping around like a hooley. No way would you get me in a plane anyway, but certainly not atm.

Would just as soon take one of mine out for a ride in this wind.......... would certainly get the bucking and dipping bit, and certainly the scare-factor would be about the same I reckon :)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Given up, cancelled the school hire as we now have a little 3.5 tonne, but with 8ft headroom, so it is rather tall.

Going to the hairdressers instead!

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Hoping it clears up tomorrow as I have an indoor school booking and I know he'll hate any wind even indoors, banging doors and the whole school creaking away - scary stuff. I have until this evening to decide and cancel without having to pay... hmm... stupid wind! Where's Spring gone? It's just started sleeting here!

Ali2

Visit site
Yep! Hideous here. We're on holiday this week and have so far achieved nothing ridden :-( I have braved it and done lots of field jobs though so all not lost!

lhotse

Visit site
Mine have all stayed in today, my mare hates this wind and will just about tolerate being tied up outside her stable. Luckily, they don't mind being in and it's only for one day. The electric tapes are all blowing down anyway, so their field wouldn't be safe and my mare would just gallop around until I get her in, not worth either of us being injured. The shetland thinks he's landed back home and is the only one who was allowed to freerange in the yard as he's not bothered.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
The most annoying thing is trying to sweep the yard (shavings beds) in this wind!! It kept changing direction and the shavings were whirling round like a tornado so I gave up!
No riding today, but horses are happy out in the field. Going shopping instead!

fiwen30

Visit site
It's horrible on our little island too! 5 minutes of blinding sunshine, followed by another 5 of horizontal rain or sleet, all with a howling gale! All of our horses are in today too, the fields are so waterlogged, and there's no shelter, bar some worryingly overhanging trees. I really hope it's blown itself out by tomorrow.

thoroughbred-

Visit site
My horse wouldn't come out of his stable this morning so had to muck out around him - world's biggest wuss.

Also, seems to always rain once I get in the car to set off down for a ride..hmm

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Just been out to dole out forage blocks, do waters and bag some hay up for the ladies mid afternoon snack, at which point it started bl00dy snowing on me!

Lacuna

Visit site
I was apparently the only person willing to risk turnout today, its very sunny just very windy. But no one else wanted to risk it so the boy has to stay in too.

Oh well, he doesn't care as long as he has hay on tap.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
My OH is due to fly back to Manchester this evening from Hamburg. I've suggested he stays over for another night as the wind is still evil here (bright and calm one minute, crazy gusts the next). Think he's planning on flying today, though.

He flew out there last night with Germanwings (I'd never heard of them before, either), plane was delayed 2 hours for non specified reasons, giving me plenty of time to worry.

He flies a lot with work, and this is a regular trip, but it's got to me this time..

Horses are pretty antsy, too.

Joyous70

Visit site
My girl came in last night out of the wind and the rain, and I left her in today, thinking i would turn her out this evening, as just windy here tonight, no rain forecast, and now ive just had a text from the lady who's horses surround my girls field, she's bringing them all in tonight now, so my girl will have to stay in again tonight and tomorrow now :(

debsflo

Visit site
ive had to cancel farrier as my mini is on box rest and having to move her from field shelter where she is would be a risk in this weather. Bit frustrating but sensible i think.

gina2201

Visit site
Yes! But I was determined to lunge today and lunge we did, with poles, unfortunately one of them was a plastic pole and decided to roll away from my horse as she approached it! :D

SuperH

Visit site
Our activity for last weekend was cancelled and this coming weekend isn't looking good either, what happened to spring?! I managed to ride yesterday before the wind got up, it was lovely. Mine are out today but my clipped one has gone out without her rug as it is too windy for her with it on. They will be keen to come in tonight anyway!