Wintec 500

Tegan

Visit site
Hi

I am looking for an old style Wintec 500 gp due to my horse having an accident which has resulted in a broken tree.

Does anyone know any sites still selling the old style (need 17" brown)?

Thanks
Tegan

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Why don't you just buy a new one, the models are updated all the time, I bought a new one with cair and equisuede of ebay for half full retial price, it had only been used a few times.
I have a cut in the equisuede at the cantle, I think this is common, the frame is quite sharp and the material is stretched tight over it, it may have been dropped, I am not sure, but I would get the traditional plastic material if ruggedness is an issue. If your horse is not used to the saddle being put on his door warn other riders not to do it!

LaurenM

Visit site
Might be worth contacting local saddlers. I had the old version which also had a broken tree. Bought the new version and its much more comfy :)

Tegan

Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I am looking for the old style as I know it fits him well. I have heard that the new style are a different shape. Did you find this?

I never leave the saddle on the stable door the tree got broken when he fell and rolled on the saddle.

Thanks
Tegan

xena_wales

Visit site
Yuck, the 500 - if you're getting a new(old) one, why don't you try the Wintec 2000 instead - I found it much nicer!

If you really do prefer the old 500, try doing a Google or Google Shopping to see if you can find one, or try ebay.

I was in the Robinsons store the other day and looking at the new Wintec 250, and to me it looked very much like the old 500 model, but not sure if it's the same as some websites seem to say that the gullet can only be changed by a saddler... That doesn't really help though, does it, lol!

Cuppatea

www.facebook.com
I really dislike the 2000 but love my 500 :p

If it rains in the 2000 you get soggy knickers! :cool:

id put up with the chance of soggy pants to save getting so irate with those god awfull synthetic girth straps on the 500!!! Ooh, just thinking about them gets me wound up!:D
Besides, i live on the coast so whethjer its raining or not a daily swim in the sea means soggy pants whatever saddle im in!!

LaurenM

Visit site
My old wintec 500 was sold to me with a broken tree so can't comment on any differences in the shape :( biggest lesson I ever learnt!