Woah Shamrock...WOAH..!!

oldjumper

Visit site
He was screaming at poor thing while it was still trotting. Not safe to ride out on any horse - let alone an ex-racer. It wasn't 'bolting', he wasn't 'thrown'.... It was eventually persuaded to canter, he fell (or jumped) off.

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Everyone is sharing this on Facebook today!

I call fake - I think he set it up, designed to go viral.

Something just doesn't ring true - the shouting, swearing and repeating 'Sham, Shamrock' is too similar to the 'Fenton' dog owner in Richmond Park viral video from a few years ago.

{97702}

Visit site

Something just doesn't ring true - the shouting, swearing and repeating 'Sham, Shamrock' is too similar to the 'Fenton' dog owner in Richmond Park viral video from a few years ago.

My thoughts exactly, mind you the idiot man seems to have achieved his objective!

poiuytrewq

Visit site

Totally agree! There has already been a big thread about it a few days ago and I said the same! No one agreed 😉

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Lévrier;13513335 said:
My thoughts exactly, mind you the idiot man seems to have achieved his objective!

Yup. The fall itself comes when they're on a straight bit, with a soft mud landing. Shamrock hasn't done anything to unseat him - he's been sitting to the 'bolt' (?!) for quite some time by then, so why does he suddenly end up out of the side door? The noises he makes at the end after his fall sound really put on to me.

Maybe I'm getting very cynical but I'm just not buying this one.

Queenbee

Visit site

Sadly, its not fake - I saw this on my newsfeed last night - shared by a good friend who works as a policewoman with the rider. Just a very verbose rider not quite equipped to deal with riding such a horse, but definitely genuine - apparently it has given all the coppers at the police station a good laugh at their colleagues expense. On the plus side he is not a mounted policeman ;)

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Sadly, its not fake - I saw this on my newsfeed last night - shared by a good friend who works as a policewoman with the rider. Just a very verbose rider not quite equipped to deal with riding such a horse, but definitely genuine - apparently it has given all the coppers at the police station a good laugh at their colleagues expense. On the plus side he is not a mounted policeman ;)

Ah fair enough - it's not how I would have reacted so it just seemed really off to me but I stand corrected!

stormox

Visit site
I dont think its fake - you would have to be REALLY stupid to throw yourself off a horse at 20mph with an expensive camera attached to your hat!!

Its just some absolute idiot who has no idea how to stop a horse thats out for a jolly old bit of fun! The horse thinks he's being urged on by all the shouting, and he's probably gripping like mad with his calves....

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
I dont think its fake - you would have to be REALLY stupid to throw yourself off a horse at 20mph with an expensive camera attached to your hat!!

Its just some absolute idiot who has no idea how to stop a horse thats out for a jolly old bit of fun! The horse thinks he's being urged on by all the shouting, and he's probably gripping like mad with his calves....

From reading the comments, he did actually throw himself off, which is why the fall looks odd. He was worried about going into a gate so chose to bail. Rather him than me!!

DragonSlayer

Visit site

Yes, it was shared by someone I know who knows the poor chap, so am assured it's real. ;)

maggie62

Visit site
Maybe its not funny.........but .........after he bit the dust it sounded like he had a right good bowel movement ....and was sooooo overcome by it !! all the ooing and aahing.

Equi

Visit site
Wish i had those lanes they look amazing!!!! The forks were a little hairy, but the horse was smart enough to choose a lane each time - i would have sat tight and waited lol

little_critter

Visit site
I was wondering why he didn't just stick the horses nose in a hedge to stop it (it's what I do on the rare occasion my little madam takes charge, the only time I can't do it is when there are ditches in front of the hedges, then I resort to swearing)

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I was wondering why he didn't just stick the horses nose in a hedge to stop it (it's what I do on the rare occasion my little madam takes charge, the only time I can't do it is when there are ditches in front of the hedges, then I resort to swearing)

I was once ran off with down a similar track and I found this almost impossible without more space to get the horse facing the hedge. I'm assuming I needed to be far more committed (ie. more forceful) to the turn?

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Real or fake,
I did have a laugh.
Im saying that knowing both horse and rider are ok.

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago, my ex race horse bolted across a common, we galloped for ages, eventually she took a tight turn and i landed on the bonnet of a parked car, bounced off on to the ground, smashing up my face and collar bone. i have the scar and metal as evidence!

Champers and Co

Visit site
I think its hilarious! I saw the original post by the guy and apparently he knew there was a gate round the corner so threw himself off before he met it!

Frumpoon

Visit site
Look at all the experts who know exactly what to do on a bolting horse...what marvellous experience you all have....

Annagain

Visit site
I don't find it funny at all - well maybe the first 20 seconds in trot. After that I think the whole thing is quite tedious. Knowing he falls off at the end (and is ok) I was just willing it to happen sooner rather than later. The horse is hardly belting it up there is he, just trying to enjoy a nice canter but there's a total numpty getting in the way. Those tracks are wasted on him. I'd kill for a few of those around here!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Why on earth buy a horse like this if he's a novice, stupid IMO. Yes funny video to a degree but could have ended so much worse (and still could if he continues riding it). Poor horse probably very confused by the whole thing.

Mike007

Visit site
I thought it was a funny video, nobody got hurt so that means you can laugh it off!

Yes except that just as often some numpty with no Knowledge of race horses winds up killing a horse or maybe themselves. I watched two friends go out for a hack One had a new ex racehorse . They swopped horses. I was amazed and thought ,wow I must have misjudged the other riders ability.Sadly I had not ,they never made it home .The horse mistook the rider taking a hold as a signal to go. Tried to jump a moving car lengthways . Rider seriously hurt.Horse ultimately PTS.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Have I lost my sense of humour? What on earth was supposed to be funny about that?