Working beardies

Moobli

Visit site
Anyone on a farm or with farming contacts know anyone with decent working beardies? I would like to try and find a pup for OH but they seem as rare as hen's teeth these days.

twiggy2

Visit site
A Shepherd close to me has beardies or beardie crosses.
Another Shepherd has one or 2 as well.
I can ask if I see them.
They all work but I am not sure what their breeding is like

Moobli

Visit site
A Shepherd close to me has beardies or beardie crosses.
Another Shepherd has one or 2 as well.
I can ask if I see them.
They all work but I am not sure what their breeding is like

Thanks. Not looking for any particular lines (don’t mind some border blood either) just want something from decent hill dogs.

satinbaze

Visit site
I think Janice Jackson who does obedience with her working beardies has a litter. Not sure of age etc but will try to find out more

Moobli

Visit site
I like them lie this too but the hairies do seem to cope so much better in the bad new weather

We have rough and smooth coated and I think the smooth (with their thick undercoat) seem to cope at least as well in the snow as the rough, and snow doesn’t ball up on their coat the same which is another bonus.

twiggy2

Visit site
It's more the rain that I find affects them, I have a part trained bitch on trial and she is feeling the cold when damp, that said she is dropping her coat like mad so that may change.
Our rough coated ones are like bears and nothing appears to make them cold and they never get wet to the skin.

Moobli

Visit site
Might be viewing a working beardie (who's mum herds alpacas lol) when we have finished lambing, but there is also an 18 month old kelpie that is looking rather nice. I am trying my best to persuade OH we need to find out more about him. Sadly he is bloody miles away but where there's a will there's a way :D

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
You need both! I saw a fabulous very long coated beardie yesterday, ridiculously playful, could have been in a hair advert! There's another shorter haired one in our usual park. Do working types have shorter hair?