Working hunter question- Spurs??

showjump

Visit site
Ok what are the rules on spurs? Some scedules mention them other dont, so what are the general do's and dont's then?

Also in the search for star qualifiers, can i wear spurs for workers?

Thanks.

flyingfeet

Visit site
In 99% of the time you will be fine with spurs. Most of the riders competing in the HOYS qualifiers are wearing them.

The only time I've ever been asked to remove spurs was for a Novice Working Hunter at a local show, although they seemed confused about whether they should be asking people to remove spurs or not.

charliesarmy

Visit site
You can wear spurs in WH but I don't think you are allowed in Novice WH...some shows also put on age restriction's.. if schedule does'nt mention why not ask show secretary or try and catch judge/steward to ask the question..

conniegirl

Visit site
It boils down to Spurs on anything you wear long boots on EXCEPT large breed M&M's and some of the coloured pony classes (oh and VHS classes).

So WH horses (ie over 15hh) then spurs are correct at county shows. However riding clubs are different they tend to make up thier own rules, however if they dont specify that no spurs allowed on thier schedule then i tend to take it as spurs are allowed.