Working kelpies

Alec Swan

Visit site
Oh no. Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to kelpie updates. After some serious thought and long discussions with my OH, I have decided against this litter. I was third in line for one of three boys and I really liked the two bold pups (and one in particular) but sod's law meant that the quiet boy was the one left. I tried to convince myself it would be okay but kept having niggling doubts. I let the breeder know as soon as I'd made my mind up so that she still had a few weeks to find an alternative home.

You did the right thing. When there are doubts, it's best to leave them where they are —— even if they do go on to win the Nationals! :)

Alec.

Alec Swan

Visit site
After discussion and debate .... ……..
154klmw.jpg

ealg1l.jpg

4q6jx2.jpg

It's puppies, isn't it? It's the appeal that they hold and I'll admit to the weakness …. BUT, they become dogs, adults and just as you I'm quite certain, I've never looked at a puppy and thought any less than 'forever'.

I was wondering what troubled me about your pics …. and now I know.

Alec.

Moobli

Visit site
It has been surprising how many friends have said they are glad I didn't go ahead with the kelpie pup - and I think it is because they know I am a shepherd and collie girl at heart. Had I brought this pup home, of course I would have kept and loved him for the entirety of his life (you are right, my dogs are always 'forever' too) but there may have always been a doubt somewhere about whether I did the right thing. Puppies definitely do something to one's heartstrings that nothing else can.

No doubt he will go on to have a wonderful life with someone else and I have no regrets.