Worm count kits???

Blue-bear

Visit site
I use abbey diagnostics, they are brilliant. You just email them with the amounts of kits your require and bobs your uncle!

debsflo

Visit site
hi kate they sell them at chandlers,belton nr grantham you use it once think its about £20 could be wrong post it and get the results back pretty quickly.

Umbongo

Visit site
http://www.westgatelabs.co.uk/our-services/index.html

You can either be sent a free kit, but you do have to pay about £9.50 for the sample to be analyzed. Or for £29 order the 4count kit (this includes the analysis).

Much better to do this and only worm when needed to avoid worm resistance
smile.gif

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I use Westgate, and they also send you a voucher for the next test so it's a bit cheaper (or they always used to!)

Gillb

www.westgatelabs.co.uk
Thank you to all who have recommended us at Westgate. We always do our best for you. We have just completed yet more CPD (professional development) so that we can continue to be up to speed.
Our prices are reasonable, as low as we can make them, rather than 'cheap', taking into account that we are qualified as SQP's (which is fairly expensive to keep up), accept credit cards as a service to our customers, send out free packs, give free record cards and are always here if you want friendly, correct advice, all included in the price. We test for many vets and another worming service too.
I know some of you go elsewhere...c'est la vie, keeps us on our toes!

SonnysHumanSlave

Visit site
i have just got some kits from westgate, but have to admit i am dubious to this whole worm count thing.

I mean not saying any of them would, but what is stopping them saying your horses have X amount of worms when really they do not?!?!

Gillb

www.westgatelabs.co.uk
Mistral have you read the new BVA guidelines on responsible use of wormers, in H&H last week? Worm counts are the way forward for everyone so that we only use the wormers which are really needed. There is a real danger of there being no effective products left if everyone goes on blanket worming.

Why do you think that any professional service would want to make up results?
Our mission right from the start has been to improve worming practice for as many horses and ponies as possible, starting with our own back in the last decade.
We don't sell wormers either as we like to remain impartial.

jackblack

New User
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Another vote for abbey diagnostics. . . and they are cheaper than westgate!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto, been using them for 6 years now, always helpful, and you get free counts after so many as well.