Worst horse related injury...

kate89

Visit site
Hairline fracture in my spine and my knee was dislocated due to my sisters horse rearing up and crushing me ouch,,,, :s still ride him :)

Last edited:

Bertolie

Visit site
My boy managed to fracture my cheekbones last summer. Totally my fault as I was standing infront of him waiting for him to finish Ihis tea and he brought his head up suddenly. Massive swelling and bruising to one side of my face and I had to go to a job interview 2 days later looking like I'd just gone ten rounds with mike tyson! Can't for the life of me think why I didn't get the job!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
June 2009 (I think), horse slipped on the road and I cracked my arm. Didn't know it was cracked for a week :rolleyes:

Arm-bruise20090616.jpg

September 2009, a silly fall (horse went left, I didn't :rolleyes:). Bashed my head. It was a bit disconcerting hearing a surgeon discussing with another one drilling a hole in my head :cool:

brain001.gif

And then July 2010, riding when I was ill, and jumping grids at that. Came off from the apex of a jump, tried to land on my feet and did - but gave myself a compression break of L2 in by back. I didn't know my back was broken until the next evening when a friend suggested I should go and get it checked out.

So, out of one slip and two falls, all in the space of about fourteen months, I managed one cracked and chipped arm, one bleed on the brain, and one broken back :rolleyes::eek::cool:

topclass

Visit site
Hmm had a few im afraid fell off landed on the old metal jump cups and shattered vertibra wired now, fell off at full gallop landed on head broke neckin two places and 18 months ago dislocated shoulder only to discovered 6 weeks later is was broke and had ripped tendons and muscles apart from that nothing really. Someone must be looking after me or I was crash test dummy in a previous life :cool:

ShadowFlame

Visit site
Wasn't even from riding. My arse of a share horse had a paddy while I was picking his feet out, slammed his food down and caught my thumb, sideways, between his shoe and a concrete floor. Took my "thumbprint" clean off.

MrsHutt

Visit site
When my old loan horse wanted rid of me, she had me off 3 times in as many weeks - ended up with various bruises/sprains/pulled tendons etc; but the worst was a broken tibia (cracked downwards) which went undiagnosed for 9 weeks, so I was walking around on it, wondering why it wasn't getting better! Still gives me jip over a year later!

The worst I know of was my dear friend whose lovely mare literally dropped down dead, falling on top of her. Her leg was very badly crushed, the ankle pretty much destroyed. They rebuilt her leg and ankle, held together by over 50 screws and so much metal! She still (18 months later) has a gap in the bone that doesn't seem to be healing and is only just now walking.

She is talking about riding again one day, but her friends at the yard are all so worried about her hurting herself, we can't see that happening for a very long time.