worst present?

kizmund

Visit site
My auntie, who is very wealthy and it's a bit of a joke that she always gets presents that just aren't thought about got me a studed onesie, in a size 16 (I'm at 10) from tesco with the reduced label still attached.....cheers lol. Having said that I did wear it last night!

Arizahn

Visit site
My sister was given Ludo as a stocking filler by her partner this year. Sister is rather vicious at Ludo, and we had unofficially banned the game from our family gatherings for several years because of this.

Oh dear...:D

pennyturner

Visit site
Does it count if I was responsible for giving it?

I saw a second hand drum kit at the local dump a couple of weeks before Christmas. They wanted £2 for it, so why not. I've six children, so I thought they'd have a laugh with it.

They did - all of them. Again, and again, and again.... **crawls away with ears bleeding**

Chestnut horse

Visit site
My sister complained just before Christmas that she had been given a bottle of mulled wine - and she hates mulled wine. Guess what she gave me for Christmas..........

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
I got lucky this year, they were all good. I normally end up taking most to the charity shop, even if they're nice gifts, because I just have no use for the items. My worst this year is a crocheted fluorescent orange and pink dip dyed jumper in a cheap synthetic wool. I wouldn't wear either colour separately, never mind together, but the rider part of me saw it and thought "road work"!

Nessa4

Visit site
No bad presents this year at all, very happy :)

However, I did witness a bloke asking at the counter if the shop had a gift wrapping service. He had bought his wife a chopping board and joked 'it was for her to make his butties on'. Very curious to know how that one went down yesterday or if he's even still alive...
Ah now, you see, my sister and her OH bought me a rather snazzy set of chopping boards which all click together when not in use and I was chuffed to bit with them - but then, I have just got a brand new all-singing all-dancing kitchen!!!

Nessa4

Visit site
Also, just to make you smile, my lovely late husband (who was not well-known for romantic gesture) once presented me with a sigle red rose one Valentine's Day - would have been fine, but then he ruined the effect by saying "would have been a dozen, but they were three and six apeice". Hey ho!

magichorse

Visit site
Two coasters with teapots on them, and a box of aldi cereal bars from my mother in law. Husband was given £250. Think she might be trying to tell me something!

RoughcutDiamond

Visit site
I am normally grateful for whatever turns up under the tree, but the year my mother gave me a re-chargeable sweeper just had me in hysterics. I so not known for my domesticity.

Are your mum and mine related?? I got a kind of dry mop thing with 2 heads for cleaning and dusting the laminate!!!

HaffiesRock

Visit site
I had nothing bad, but MIL bought all four of her adult sons an electronic game thingy. They were all instantly addicted and none of them would mute the damn things. She regretted it after 30 seconds!

JustMeThen

Visit site
I love the fried egg poncho!
The chopping board bloke sounds like my dad who, when the kitchen was being redone, looked out of the window and said: 'The sink needs to be here - so Mum has a good view when she's washing up' :)
My best present this year was my Toggi thermal breeches, closely followed by two pairs of thermal leggings and some woolly socks - anything warm is the way forward for me!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Another classic from mother dear, who has been asked, very nicely, to buy me only consumables: a cheap metal pendant and matching earrings which are frankly horrible. Why does she do this every year?! Also a massive incense stick holder/oil/candles set-lavender perfumed :eek3: Straight to the charity shop! I knowi sound ungrateful, but she's knows I'm a massive fuss ass about what goes on display in my house.