Worst thing the cat's done.

ihatework

Visit site
The damn things are pretty much untrainable. My dog would never behave (or get away with) what my cats do.

The ginger & white one has broken the curtain rail more than once by climing the curtains. He also breaks into the dog food bin and has an all you can eat buffet. He is a bugger for stealing food and will swipe out of your hand given half a chance. He has twisted the neighbour around his paws and rushes up to her when she gets back from work pleading deep hunger ... despite most likely having caught a mouse/vole/rat that day (and eaten it).

He went through a particularly vile stage of crapping in the bath, thankfully seems to have got over that.

His classic was stowing away in neighbours defender and taking a trip into town - nearly causing a collision when he landed on said neighbours lap.

He was aptly named Ron Weasley.

My first Burmese girl was just utterly perfect and awesome. Caught her first adult rabbit aged 7 months and dragged it through the cat flap. She polished her halo until I lost her in an RTA shortly after 😢

Replacement Burmese is also very well behaved. Obviously provided I don’t object to feeding and fussing on demand and have no objection to them sleeping or walking over whatever surface takes their fancy.

It’s the moggy boy that is generally the troublemaker!

Attachments

• 8DBB319F-F90E-457D-84A2-C1CA0F7CFAB5.jpeg
    8DBB319F-F90E-457D-84A2-C1CA0F7CFAB5.jpeg
    819.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 71795CBD-5259-4CA0-B750-4402D6F4B696.jpeg
    71795CBD-5259-4CA0-B750-4402D6F4B696.jpeg
    991.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 7DD7E10A-C1CE-462D-B404-9FAD23D5A36B.jpeg
    7DD7E10A-C1CE-462D-B404-9FAD23D5A36B.jpeg
    499.8 KB · Views: 16

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I had a pure white, deaf cat many years ago. Because of the deafness he was mostly a house cat (he'd been a farm cat before I got him form the CPL). He was huge, I like a big, farm tom, and scared of nothing. He once escaped from an upstairs window and was found fast asleep in next door's bed. He would sleep on his back, front paws on his (quite round) little tummy, snoring gently. He was ace but I never did get entirely rid of the white cat hair everywhere.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
My dogs are constantly appalled by the behaviour of our two cats. Apart from bring a live baby rabbit into the sitting room and hiding a dead mouse in the dining room to decompose, the dogs are horrified by the cats trying to steal the cream cake going into my mouth. One of the cats uses the collie as a rug to sleep on. Its a dogs life.

D66

Visit site
Our cat regularly brings in rats, mice, frogs, birds and voles, dead and alive. We have a mouse trap permanently installed on the landing to catch the ones she loses, but if it is a live rat the PJR has to be brought in to sort it out.
At the top of the stairs is a washable doormat because that is where she disemboweled (sp?) her victims, except she now sorts them a bit further along.:rolleyes: Stepping on the remains whilst visiting the loo in the night is a recognised hazard. Carpet cleaners make very little impact on vole organ stains.
She meows for food every time she comes in even when the food is in the bowl and prefers to have her chin tickled while she eats it.:oops:

albeg she looks very like your cat.:)

WandaMare

Visit site
Not sure if it was the worst thing one of mine has done but it was quite funny.

We had a lovely little rescue tortie, very active and into everything. One morning she jumped onto the side in the kitchen, landing on the edge of a tray of cut crystal glasses which my mother in law gave us as a house warming present. The tray slipped very slowly towards the edge of the side and one by one the glasses slipped off and smashed spectacularly across the tiled kitchen floor. OH and I sat at the dining table on the other side of the room, knowing there was no way we could get there quickly enough to save anything....and both just burst out laughing!

The cat seemed quite happy with her mornings work....it wasn't so funny explaining to OH's mum...

albeg

Visit site
Our cat regularly brings in rats, mice, frogs, birds and voles, dead and alive. We have a mouse trap permanently installed on the landing to catch the ones she loses, but if it is a live rat the PJR has to be brought in to sort it out.
At the top of the stairs is a washable doormat because that is where she disemboweled (sp?) her victims, except she now sorts them a bit further along.:rolleyes: Stepping on the remains whilst visiting the loo in the night is a recognised hazard. Carpet cleaners make very little impact on vole organ stains.
She meows for food every time she comes in even when the food is in the bowl and prefers to have her chin tickled while she eats it.:oops:

albeg she looks very like your cat.:)

Sounds like she has you wrapped around her paw!

The cat that owned us 😂 or possibly Bob's cat 😂. He wasn't keen on the other cat that turned up for a while, he'd move away if that guy came over for a nuzzle/to rub against him, but PC could wind around his legs and he'd stand stock still for her. 😍

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I don't have a cat but I do enjoy how wonderfully naughty they are and completely get away with it. Very much liking this thread! The unconscious man with a chicken on his foot is genius.

scats

Visit site
Love this thread. Cats are amazing, we have dogs and cats here but the cats win hands down for me. They are fantastic.

About 10 or maybe 15 years ago, I saw something odd on the rug by our front door. From standing height I couldn’t work out what it wa,s but they were small and pink. Bent down and picked them up, put them right up to my face to discover they were 4 perfect little pink mice feet.

We had a cat who couldn’t (wouldn’t?!) catch mice or birds, but she was extremely skilled in the hunting of slugs, moths and worms and would regularly bring them in and leave them on peoples beds.

When I was a child we had a cat get into the kitchen on Christmas Day and make a start on the turkey. The same cat also ate a large portion of my birthday cake, just before Mum went to get it to light the candles.

An amusing story rather than naughty. Our cats have an obsession with Dreamies and we had accidentally left a large pack on the side, unsealed. I was upstairs and I remember hearing a strange banging noise in the hall, but I was busy and I didn’t pay much attention to it. About ten minutes passed and it became less banging and more crashing. I was aware that things were obviously being bumped into. Fearing that one of my family members was having some kind of episode, I shot down the stairs to find Oakley, our male cat, with a pack of Dreamies stuck on his head up to his neck, pathetically attempting to jump blindly up through the spindles of our staircase. He was failing miserably and then crashing into the walls and furniture. After freeing him, he looked rather shell shocked by the incident, but I found it absolutely hilarious! I’ll never forget the sight of a cat with a Dreamie packet for a head. Poor bugger.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Lol I'll look forward to reading these bet they're hilarious

These are various ones over the years several were the ragdolls others the suspected forest cat:

-shredded the wall paper border that run up the stairs in the middle of the wall. Not the wallpaper just the border (fc)

-got in the fortunately switched off oven (ragdoll 1)

-pulled up the carpet from under the door bar while shut in said room to stop them getting out while decorating or other stuff was going on ( started by ragdoll 1, now assisted by ragdoll 2)

-got a chicken leg out the bin (suspect fc)

-removed the cooked fillet of fish from the pan on the work unit and eaten most of it leaving only a small piece (suspect fc)

-pulled over the big vase of flowers probably through attempting to chew on them, sending the water all over the unit and his insurance renewal papers scattering the flowers everywhere, my mum had had a really stressful day at work then got home to this, she then went upstairs and thought he'd died as he was sprawled out on the landing (ragdoll 1)

-gone roaring round the house then lept astride the TV (ragdoll 1 who weighs 7kg!)

-singed the ends of his whiskers/ ruff while counter surfing when candles were lit during a power cut (ragdoll 1)

-Shinned halfway up the curtains and clung from them (ragdoll 2)

-recurringly pulled my pinned up rosettes from the cork display board they were on fortunately not ingesting the pins in the process (ragdoll 1)

I'm sure I'll think of others but need to get back to work!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Could write a book about Tigga. One winter night he dragged a chicken (left out to defrost overnight in the kitchen) off the work surface, ate a portion and left it at the bottom of the stairs. My ex, who’d got up early to go shooting, stuck his foot in the cavity, skidded across the tiled floor, hit his head and knocked himself out. I found him unconscious with his foot still in the chicken. Surreal.

Sorry but the fact his foot was still in the chicken when you found him made this even funnier 😂

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Oh dear some more have come to mind......the house completely flooded up to 4 feet level, luckily insured and insurers more than happy to put us in an Hotel, animals in various boarding facilities etc.. Of course that was never going to happen and we spent 3 to 4 months living upstairs in a small'ish cottage with 3 dogs and 4 cats. Oh the day the carpets were finally laid downstairs, everything dry and replaced throughout ground floor, absolute heaven.....the 'Rare orchid bulb stealing' old tom cat shat right in the middle of the downstairs living room within 2 hours of the lush new carpet being laid - he had never, ever done that before :mad:

I can feel poor Herbert Lom in Inspector Clouseau's eye twitch coming on as I remember all my long gone moggies - is it any wonder it is only dogs and horses these days? :eek:

Theocat

Visit site
My cats are so boringly well behaved and team spirited that I can contribute zero to this thread 😂

Brings a live bird in: spits it out on demand so I can pick it up and return it to the wild.

Clambers into the Christmas tree: gets out when I tell him and doesn't knock off even a single bauble for the rest of the season even when unsupervised.

Shuts himself in the bathroom for eighteen hours: wees in the bath where it's easy to clean.

They don't steal food, jump on the work surfaces, scratch, bite, meow to demand food or doors being opened, eat house plants, terrorise the neighbours, break things, or go anywhere except in their litter. They sleep in their beds, load into the cat carrier without protest, behave for the vet, are polite and friendly to visitors, and are delighted to see me if I have been away.

But I would still adore them even if they were complete hooligans :)

scats

Visit site
We have four Christmas trees and we have to tie them to a curtain pole or nearby solid structure or else the cats have them down repeatedly. We have to keep a big pole and a mini hoover hidden behind the sofa to use as a ‘cat Christmas tree removal device’. They are constantly up them. You just see these manic cat hands flailing out from the tree.

We have several bauble-casualties every year, but this year they destroyed something a bit more sentimental (well, it was a tag team effort between the cats and little dog). Mum has always hung a cardboard Santa that I made at playschool when I was 3 on the tree. Albeit hidden at the back and high up, but the sentiment was there. He was looking pretty good for being over 30 years old- still had his glitter and his cotton wool beard.
Then one of the cats got up and knocked him down, straight into the jaws of the waiting dog, who decided to dissect him.
Bless my poor mum, she gave the soggy pieces to my dad and told him to try and tape it back together but my dad just gave her a look... it was definitely beyond repair.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Oh yes Christmas tree climbing! The suspected forest cat is the reason there is no longer a Christmas tree up at Christmas time here- she was a kitten, shinned up it, the tree started wobbling, down came the tree with her astride it. Given the carnage ragdoll 1 was prone to causing it was deemed there would be no more Christmas tree once he arrived, I would love to see it vs him I suspect a you've been framed or you tube video would arise from it!

Surbie

Visit site
Mine was abandoned and living feral for a while. He used to let himself in to the neighbours' houses and they'd find him asleep in their sinks. He could recognise the sound of our car and would race it to the garages and then walk back with us to the house. He was forever climbing the silver birch in the front garden then yelling that he Couldn't Get Down. He bit anyone who wasn't family, including my lovely, patient friend who looked after him when I went away.

Mushy gifts of mice/birds/voles/shrews were left in the toes of any shoes. We learned to shake shoes before putting them on and kept a 'dispatching brick' by the kitchen door for when it was needed.

The worst thing he did was pee on my bed, with me in it. Not a great way to wake up. The mattress had to be thrown away.

SEL

Visit site
These are brilliant - making muddy paw Missy seem angelic.

My little rescue kitten who sadly got through her 9 lives too quickly used to catch worms. I only found this out when I decided to turn the old kitchen rug and found them all pressed flat underneath.

Mum's rescue tabby cat who adopted them was great at catching things. They moved to a house with a pond and within a month every single goldfish had been hooked out...

Our current ball of fluff didn't catch a single thing until we moved to this house 4 years ago. My OH is becoming very, very good at catching mice! Missy thinks it's a great game for them to bond over.

EventingMum

Visit site
My cats are so boringly well behaved and team spirited that I can contribute zero to this thread 😂

Brings a live bird in: spits it out on demand so I can pick it up and return it to the wild.

Clambers into the Christmas tree: gets out when I tell him and doesn't knock off even a single bauble for the rest of the season even when unsupervised.

Shuts himself in the bathroom for eighteen hours: wees in the bath where it's easy to clean.

They don't steal food, jump on the work surfaces, scratch, bite, meow to demand food or doors being opened, eat house plants, terrorise the neighbours, break things, or go anywhere except in their litter. They sleep in their beds, load into the cat carrier without protest, behave for the vet, are polite and friendly to visitors, and are delighted to see me if I have been away.

But I would still adore them even if they were complete hooligans :)

Are you sure they're actually cats? I've never known ones like this!!

Boulty

Visit site
1613930_759741547377797_1591356575_n.jpg
This is Zebedee the three legged cat with the end of his tail missing who I sadly had to PTS at the end of Summer due to lymphoma aged about 5 or 6. First of all the worst thing he ever did was convince me that he needed to come home with me (He was a stray due to be PTS due to an injury to his tail that none of the charities wanted to pay to have the damaged tip amputated... god only knows how he lost his leg as he came like that!) I did not want a cat. I do not class myself as a cat person. He liked chaos & destruction. The more chewed to bits something was the happier it made him! Casualties included god only knows how many cardboard boxes & newspapers (which BTW all belonged to him, especially right at the moment you wanted to read them & he could only be removed from them with the assistance of over gloves!), the 2 wooden dog ornaments on the windowsill, the plastic beads in the blinds & anyones hands they were daft enough to leave in his reach!

10351812_853902751295009_920015891493471174_n.jpg

12279228_1118013724883909_93284544663040185_n.jpg

He smashed a milk jug in the kitchen the first night he was with us & also used to pull the carpet up behind the door to the hallway so he had to be banished to the conservatory (with catflap to outside) whenever he was left alone to stop him from wrecking the house. (He was banned from bedrooms as he used to attack your feet if you moved a millimeter under the covers!)

15027628_1395167080501904_2563267478350618688_n.jpg

He also liked to bring home everything from really hairy moths, baby birds with their feet missing, various other small feathery things both dead & alive, an entire family of mice over several days & delightful beheaded vole... oh & not forgetting the frog! I genuinely came home to this note once

10501710_824378580914093_1717257011051119603_n.jpg

He was also a massive food thief and would happily swipe food right off your plate & then run off with it! He also thought water in glasses was superior to what was in his dish. He also regarded the Xmas tree as a climbing frame & he thought Xmas dinner really ought to include him in the centre of the table (he'd literally climb the chair backs & vault over people's shoulders to get on the table to try & nick things!)

10014931_1133719076646707_1118475225399773621_o.jpg

He also used to make a game out of grabbing people on their way past / trying to trip people up & his favourite running game was stalking up to my dad when he was asleep, batting his hand & then racing off before he could get into trouble!

All in all lots of little bits of cumulative naughtiness

Boulty

Visit site
52719227_2457496680935600_3406306783994576896_n.jpg

And then we have Horace the Horrid. He was another pity rescue from work (kitten with eye hanging out that needed removing on Xmas Eve taken home with precisely zero pre-planning & I literally had to borrow food, dishes & cat litter from work!) He turned out to have fleas (cue emergency flea treatment on Boxing Day!) & ear mites. He also had a reaction to his first vaccination & required rushing back to vets at 11pm because he was adamant his leg was falling off (it wasn't).

He has been nearly squished in doors multiple times (last week I thought I'd broken his leg because he ran through literally just as door was closing), gleefully repeats things about 20 times if you tell him they're naughty (currently he's determined to be allowed on the worktops & in the kitchen sink... sometimes it takes a lot of self control not to just leave it filled with water & see what happens. He is systematically finding out if EVERY surface in house is naughty to scratch so far we've done the chairs, the carpet & the walls & I fear the curtains may be next!). Oh he also tried to jump in the toilet recently...

54258075_2494891663862768_5549942313096052736_n.jpg

Other fun games include latching onto people (he is still oblivious to the word "No!") & running around the house screaming to be let out (he is allowed out supervised during daylight hours right now... he demands to also go out in the dark) & he has also recently started trying to figure out how door handles work. He's still only 5 months old so plenty of times for great deeds of naughtiness although he already receives multiple death threats a day from my family as he's a bit "full on" to live with at the moment (He's either asleep, eating or demanding to play... he can play for up to 2 hrs without getting bored which is longer than any of the humans can manage!)

52920401_2471707782847823_8687205297627856896_n.jpg

52979984_2470886322929969_7290184768476413952_n.jpg

Chippers1

Visit site
My ragdoll is pretty well behaved but the worst thing he did was - he likes to jump onto the cabinet in the bathroom, I think he must've tried to go up there when I was at work, missed and fell in the sink simultaneously pushing the plug down and also turning the tap on. Came home to a very flooded bathroom which went into downstairs' flat too and all over the outside walls. I came home and thought someone had been cleaning in the outside courtyard bit, nope that was coming from my overflow!! It took months for my bathroom to completely dry out.
The funniest thing was his face when I came in, he had such a 'SOMETHINGS HAPPENED' look :D

He's very cheeky rather than naughty. He used to pull out the tv aerial wire if I wasn't paying enough attention to him but like a toddler would you would be saying 'don't do that' and he'd look at you and pull it out! I got a better cable so he can't now ha ha.

He eats spiders and flies (very helpful), sits on the balcony and ignores all the other cats that come and visit, shouts at you when he wants to play and shouts to tell you exactly what he wants to play too. He's great!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
My ragdoll is pretty well behaved but the worst thing he did was - he likes to jump onto the cabinet in the bathroom, I think he must've tried to go up there when I was at work, missed and fell in the sink simultaneously pushing the plug down and also turning the tap on. Came home to a very flooded bathroom which went into downstairs' flat too and all over the outside walls. I came home and thought someone had been cleaning in the outside courtyard bit, nope that was coming from my overflow!! It took months for my bathroom to completely dry out.
The funniest thing was his face when I came in, he had such a 'SOMETHINGS HAPPENED' look :D

He's very cheeky rather than naughty. He used to pull out the tv aerial wire if I wasn't paying enough attention to him but like a toddler would you would be saying 'don't do that' and he'd look at you and pull it out! I got a better cable so he can't now ha ha.

He eats spiders and flies (very helpful), sits on the balcony and ignores all the other cats that come and visit, shouts at you when he wants to play and shouts to tell you exactly what he wants to play too. He's great!

Ooh a fellow Raggie owner what colour and pattern is yours?

Mine decided he was bored the other night so decided he'd pull out the knickers he thought he I shall wear for the week out of my knicker draw, first time hes done it for a while. Don't think he approved of them all as some were in my little bin as its right under the draw 😂 know it was probably just the angle but it amused me. Hes also despite not having the necessary equipment decided it's his mating season and keeps shrieking in the night the last few nights!

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
We have a Persian cat, and I am really not keen on her. Yet she cost a flippin' fortune because shes pedigree.

She likes a stroke, but stroke her to long and she'll have you.

Soo. shes crapped on the beds multiple times - not just on the duvet. She actually digs the duvet up and craps on the mattress, so it soaks so far down and you're unable to get rid of the smell, meaning shes cost 3 mattresses in her lifetime. One was within a few weeks!

She hasn't done much 'bad' things I suppose.. Scratches all the chairs. Oh last week she had a chunk of poo stuck to her bum, jumped on the kitchen side (where she isn't even allowed) and sat down, dragged it all across the side. Then jumped on the sofa in the conservatory.. poo stains everywhere. mmmmm

Chippers1

Visit site
Ooh a fellow Raggie owner what colour and pattern is yours?

Mine decided he was bored the other night so decided he'd pull out the knickers he thought he I shall wear for the week out of my knicker draw, first time hes done it for a while. Don't think he approved of them all as some were in my little bin as its right under the draw 😂 know it was probably just the angle but it amused me. Hes also despite not having the necessary equipment decided it's his mating season and keeps shrieking in the night the last few nights!

They are hilarious, I tell people he's like a human in cat form!

He's a seal bicolour 🙂
Screenshot_20180919-090108_Instagram.jpg