Worst thing the cat's done.

smolmaus

Visit site
The most Marnie is allowed to hunt is a daddy long legs but she really makes the most of it. I thought the other night we were going to have her swinging from the light fitting trying to get one and she nearly brought the mantlepiece mirror down on herself ? Just confirms she is meant to be a house cat tbh, I know it would take MAXIMUM 15 minutes of being outside for her to fall down a drain or off a roof. Thick as pig's proverbial.

Though that isn't the worst thing she has done this week. Took a chunk out of her father's hand yesterday when he tried to lift her out of the conservatory and she was in the middle of inspecting a milk carton she had pulled out of the recycling. She was too focused on investigating the label (concerned about welfare standards maybe?) and got spooked when he lifted her. At least it was only his hand, I still have the scar on my face from when I interrupted her inspection of the kitchen sink.

MarvelVillis

Visit site
A couple of weeks ago, I smelt a funny smell coming from downstairs and couldn't work out what it was. Went into the kitchen, and the cat had somehow managed to turn the electric hob on (one of those that you have to press down and twist to turn on). The funny smell must have been burnt flesh as he stupidly stood on the hob and burnt his pads on one paw! £60 vet trip later... luckily his foot is much better now and he's no longer limping. We've learnt our lesson now and always turn the hob off at the switch. Don't think he's learnt his lesson though, I regularly walk in the kitchen to find him sat on the hob!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
My cat did that once. He's never one for walking on things in the kitchen but for whatever reason he decided to this time and I heard a little sizzle as his paws touched the hot surface. He was fine, ultimately. Never tried it again.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Had left the washing up until later as was in the middle of watching something

I had a massive commotion from the kitchen and a huge crash

I marched into the kitchen to find a spooked SS and a plate, bowl and tray on the floor. I then looked across the kitchen and saw another bowl by their toilet

SS had obviously tried to get onto the unit, via the bin and had pulled down the tray, on which was all the plates and bowls

Fortunately they didn't break as they're part of a cat design set my mum got me when we moved out, and I think it's now discontinued, and I really like the set

I'd like to think it will put SS off the unit as he was relatively meek and cowed after, especially as he also got a telling off from me. Unfortunately I don't think it will!

asmp

Visit site
The usual - stood in cat sick on getting out of bed. Knew she’d thrown up somewhere but it was dark and as we’re sleeping in the spare room due to decorating, I didn’t have a light on my side. Did have to wake the husband up then so I could see so he wasn‘t happy either.

Someone remind me why we have cats……

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Madam was absolutely fuming at OH making me go into the kitchen Saturday evening and retrieve her from her counter surfing.... (story continued below photo)

Screenshot_20210927-130705_Gallery.jpg

As you can see from her frowning, scowling face, there was serious plotting going on....

Yesterday morning she woke him up bashing the metal blinds against the window, but there was more to come....

He's just text me (I'm at work) to inform me that he's just caught her, on the counter, chomping up his turkey mince which he'd cooked up and was cooling on the counter ?????? I nearly laughed out loud in the office ?

Disappointingly, she only got one mouthful but sped up as he raced towards her!

Last edited:

Pippity

Visit site
Poppy went to the vet today for a lumpectomy under general anaesthetic.

Only, they couldn't find an anaesthetic strong enough. I got an apologetic phone call saying, "We've given her everything and she's still wide awake and fighting."

So she's booked in for a second attempt in a few weeks, and I'm to give her gabapentin in the 24 hours before, in the hope it'll relax her enough for the general anaesthetic to actually work.

God, I miss having a normal cat.

1632934732726.png

Cloball

Visit site
M bought me two birthday presents, delightful you might say! What a clever puss. Not sure I wanted one and a half mice in the middle of my cards against humanities game though. I think he was showing off for my friends.

I'm trying to work from home this week and trying to save rodents is not really helping. Me chasing the cat chasing the mouse round the kitchen is a funny image though. He's so pleased with himself.Screenshot_20211006-111820~2.png

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
M bought me two birthday presents, delightful you might say! What a clever puss. Not sure I wanted one and a half mice in the middle of my cards against humanities game though. I think he was showing off for my friends.

I'm trying to work from home this week and trying to save rodents is not really helping. Me chasing the cat chasing the mouse round the kitchen is a funny image though. He's so pleased with himself.View attachment 80580
??? looks like he’s telling you “and it’s not over yet….”
Happy Birthday!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

I'm trying to work from home this week and trying to save rodents is not really helping. Me chasing the cat chasing the mouse round the kitchen is a funny image though. He's so pleased with himself.View attachment 80580

We have the same birthday! Unfortunately I didn't get any kitty-presents ☹️

Happy birthdays! BF I can send you today's dead swallow that I just found in the catflap tunnel while trying to teach Pickle how to use it if you like?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
PD is rather dismissive of OH, as he likes to get after her and take the p out of her.

He did this to her yesterday, as found it amusing (the cushion is very light!)

Screenshot_20211006-220356_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211006-221242_Gallery.jpg

This warranted plotting, there was no way he was getting away with this! I went to the yard after work, so of course he was "starving" ? the door knocked just as he sat down to eat. He sat down after this, a couple of minutes into eating, PD clambered onto the dvd rack, next to the sofa. In the process, she knocked his water bottle, which had the lid off, and had water in, onto the floor, so he had to get up again to sponge it up ?

Of course, she ensured he did the job properly! (He's to the left of the picture I've cropped him out!)

20211006_183908.jpg20211006_183916.jpg

smolmaus

Visit site
Absolutely no mercy!! Good for her ?

Marnie cat knows that nudging a water glass towards the edge of the table is guaranteed to get our attention but shes not yet gone so far as to actually push it off (because we give in).

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
A follow on from post 757 of this thread....

OH had cooked up a fresh batch of turkey mince in tomato sauce, put them into bowls and left them to cool, with cling film on.....

He was upstairs. Pd arrived with er shall we say evidence on her white chin and bib. Rather like a child that's been caught in the sweetie jar... "she's been at my food"

Went downstairs, yep she'd been at his food, notice she was kind enough to leave him the rice ???

Apparently it contained chopped tomatoes, passata, peppers and chilli powder....

Screenshot_20211010-165141_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211010-165208_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211010-165213_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211010-165222_Gallery.jpg

Cloball

Visit site
Spent a night away from the boy(OH and cat) and come back to a very sad looking kitty who'd got into another fight and cut his face ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
A follow on from post 757 of this thread....

OH had cooked up a fresh batch of turkey mince in tomato sauce, put them into bowls and left them to cool, with cling film on.....

He was upstairs. Pd arrived with er shall we say evidence on her white chin and bib. Rather like a child that's been caught in the sweetie jar... "she's been at my food"

Went downstairs, yep she'd been at his food, notice she was kind enough to leave him the rice ???

Apparently it contained chopped tomatoes, passata, peppers and chilli powder....

View attachment 80851View attachment 80852View attachment 80853View attachment 80854

?

We had a one legged turkey for Christmas once. We lock it away to defrost it since then.