Worst thing the cat's done.

Bob notacob

Visit site
Currently battling with an invasion from Roland Rat , Ive gotta get a cat , She who walks with paws of silent death (aka the cat next door) has been a bit remiss in her patrolling. Two boxes of porridge oats gone . plus a few other items nibbled (and now binned) Have set an inhumane rat trap rather than poison as I dont want Swwwposd to eat poisoned rats .

AdorableAlice

Visit site
My, now much missed, little Marmalade cat scaled a vertical wall, up onto the roof and through a velux window into the bedroom of our lovely neighbours cottage. They were at home but did not hear or see the cat, who made her way into the kitchen and removed a cooked sausage from their breakfast plates !

It has to be said the smells that sometimes come from their kitchen are very tempting and the cat must have thought the same !!

SEL

Visit site
My, now much missed, little Marmalade cat scaled a vertical wall, up onto the roof and through a velux window into the bedroom of our lovely neighbours cottage. They were at home but did not hear or see the cat, who made her way into the kitchen and removed a cooked sausage from their breakfast plates !

It has to be said the smells that sometimes come from their kitchen are very tempting and the cat must have thought the same !!

When I lived in Birmingham my neighbours had twin boys. Their enormous, fluffy ginger cat started jumping onto my flat roof single story extension, then jumped onto the teeny, tiny windowsill of my spare room before squeezing through the small gap at the top of the window for a snooze on my spare bed.

He'd then have to come and find me to let him out for his tea. He didn't like babies.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Not cat but dog entry today.

Florence (the human baby) has a penchant for being perfectly silent and happy until the minute my dinner plate hits the table. However, clearly the stars aligned and the odds are in my favour today as I sit down to eat and she chirps happily away.

AND THEN.

the dreaded sound of a dog being sick. Mabel sitting proudly next to two huge piles of sick.

Just put my luke warm dinner back in the microwave ?

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Well we have had a follow up to the above this morning..
We were eating breakfast this morning. There was a massive crash. "What was that" said OH. That'll be the trophies, from the top of the wardrobe, I replied.

Went up 5 minutes later, yes of course the trophies and various other items from the top of the wardrobe were scattered on the floor...

However I then couldn't find ss.

Guess where ss was....

Yep, stuck behind the wardrobe, I could see an arm resting against the wall, the gap at the side was too narrow for him to get out.... he must have got spooked by the falling items and fallen down... even before I saw the arm, I just knew what had happened

We've just had to shuffle the heavy wardrobe to one side, trying hard not to rip parts off, to create a gap wide enough for me to then scruff ss and haul him out ?

I'd like to think that'll scare him away from the wardrobe, but I doubt it. He's lucky I have a rare day working at home or he'd have been there all day!

nellietinker

Visit site
The Feral Farm Feline who is no longer Feral or employed on the farm as it is living 1/2 a mile away at home is teaching the youngest canine - kelpie, hunteraway collie cross to hunt mice by very kindly bringing them into the kitchen and letting them go - cat chucks mouse at dog, dog pats mouse back to cat. I go into the kitchen cat and dog look at me and mouse scoots under fridge or behind rayburn! Disgruntled cat goes out looking for another mouse and dog returns to lie in front of woodburner!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Shadow decided to chew through the wire for the outdoor xmas tree lights that come through our bedroom window. They took ages to arrange last year so couldn't be bothered to faff again so left them up. A good warning though-we'll have to think carefully where we put indoor lights (if any) this year.

Shady

Visit site
Shadow decided to chew through the wire for the outdoor xmas tree lights that come through our bedroom window. They took ages to arrange last year so couldn't be bothered to faff again so left them up. A good warning though-we'll have to think carefully where we put indoor lights (if any) this year.
:eek::eek:
So naughty !
I had a Burmese that chewed through every single lead she could find including my stepfathers electric organ leads when I had to do a stop gap stay between moving. I don't know how she didn't fry herself. In desperation mum coated all the wires and leads in the house with washing up liquid, which actually worked perfectly, but also went brown , sticky and quite disgusting over time. I found an old lamp the other day and it still had tiny traces on the lead 30 odd years later. They made me think of her and laugh at how naughty she was.
Yours has probably started teething properly now and some cats do act like dogs...and some are just a pita:D xx

Shady

Visit site
Terrific, fresh from destroying my wrapped secret santa, SS has learnt he can get onto the wardrobe and is difficult to get down from there....

The Christmas tree is not going up any time soon, as I'm a Grinch, but when it does I sense it stands no chance ?

View attachment 83058View attachment 83059
Oh noooo.
I really hope you don't blame me for how ' interesting ' he is !
He's loooking absolutely gorgeous by the way:):) xxx

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Oh noooo.
I really hope you don't blame me for how ' interesting ' he is !
He's loooking absolutely gorgeous by the way:):) xxx

Ah no, I like interesting cats they are funny, I like a cat to have character ? he is very lucky I wasn't alone yesterday, as no way would I have had the strength to move the wardrobe alone. Had I needed to remove all it's contents, SS would have become the Christmas Dinner ?

Thanks re how he's looking, how much bigger do they generally get? He's much admired by people I work with.

I hasten to add, fortunately I have lots of horse rugs so I've used them to barricade off the top of the wardrobe!

Screenshot_20211123-185240_Gallery.jpg

Shady

Visit site
Ah no, I like interesting cats they are funny, I like a cat to have character ? he is very lucky I wasn't alone yesterday, as no way would I have had the strength to move the wardrobe alone. Had I needed to remove all it's contents, SS would have become the Christmas Dinner ?

Thanks re how he's looking, how much bigger do they generally get? He's much admired by people I work with.

I hasten to add, fortunately I have lots of horse rugs so I've used them to barricade off the top of the wardrobe!

View attachment 83136
So lovely and his eyes are fabulous.
What's he weighing now do you know? I've seen some males here get to 9 kilos but both parents were big and that's not really normal, so ideally between 6 and 7 kilos . He's looking a lovely size and length up there on his wardrobe. xx

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
So lovely and his eyes are fabulous.
What's he weighing now do you know? I've seen some males here get to 9 kilos but both parents were big and that's not really normal, so ideally between 6 and 7 kilos . He's looking a lovely size and length up there on his wardrobe. xx

He's 4. Something kg now, he was weighed recently. His dad was a big boy I do like a nice big chunky cat. They're like the ragdoll aren't they in that they're a slow maturing breed?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
This was supposed to be a photo of the formerly-believed-to-be-a-stray-living-in-our-hay-barn but now-officially-signed-over-to-us cat sitting calmly by the kick boards of the arena, watching the IDx walking in hand over poles. The cat does like to supervise activities.

Cat decides to tight rope walk across the pole towards me, right into the path of the IDx ?. I squawk, drop my phone and grab the lunge rein to pull the mare into a tight circle, and shout at both the cat and the horse to behave - horse don't splat the cat!

621BB434-130B-4585-AF60-C435A75E3731.jpeg

I won't try and take any more photos of the cat while working the horses!

CEEAE085-AACE-435D-8277-BF0DEDC86551.jpeg

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
This was supposed to be a photo of the formerly-believed-to-be-a-stray-living-in-our-hay-barn but now-officially-signed-over-to-us cat sitting calmly by the kick boards of the arena, watching the IDx walking in hand over poles. The cat does like to supervise activities.

Cat decides to tight rope walk across the pole towards me, right into the path of the IDx ?. I squawk, drop my phone and grab the lunge rein to pull the mare into a tight circle, and shout at both the cat and the horse to behave - horse don't splat the cat!

View attachment 83144

I won't try and take any more photos of the cat while working the horses!

View attachment 83145
??? So very cat ???

Ratface

Visit site
Yesterday, KevinKat had a visit from a newish neighbour. This lady assured me that she was "psychic" as far as cats are concerned: she would tell me all about his "past lives".
She arrived and immediately picked KK (9k+) up under his front legs. KK bit her on the chin. She screamed, threw him onto the chair and stormed out. She mentioned The Devil as she departed.
Oh well.

Peglo

Visit site
I’ve had to threaten all 3 of my cats to be turned into hats this last week!! One was up meowing for around an hour at 12 in the morning, closed the cats out of the bedroom and when they were let in in the morning another one pi**ed on my clothes that were out ready to put on for work. (The meowing happened 3 days in a row) The 3rd did a dump in the litter tray, stood in it and trampled all over the carpet. He’s also taken to pi**ing in the shower. Heard loud thuds on the floor to find him throwing a dead bird around. Don’t even think he caught it as it was dark at the time and the birds should all be in bed. The meower keeps missing the litter tray and dumping on the litter tray mat. And they ALWAYS want fed!!!!
But they give great cuddles so they are always forgiven!
8AC075A0-883B-46CC-BF55-E3E30E33EE05.jpg3 bad cats!!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
6 days ago my little yard cat did the worst thing ever. He vanished. Not a trace of him anywhere. I searched the farm, the hedgerows, the cow barns, all the out buildings. Nothing. This morning he did the best thing ever and came home. I have been beside myself with worry and I sobbed into his lovely fluffy coat while he purred contentedly in my arms.