Worst thing the cat's done.

Cloball

Visit site
So M has been well for a whole 2 weeks. We started letting him go on short supervised adventures outside mostly because he started escaping. Today he met the neighbours dog and went for a further adventure. He bought us back a present which he was very reluctant to give up. He had a real dilemma when I tried to get him to swap it for his tea, tried to bury the live present in his dinner, growled at it, growled at the dilemma, growled at me before finally choosing dinner. My rescue attempt however failed so now I have an angry M and a mouse living under my freezer.

I'm sulking as OH decided his Xbox game was more important than saving the mouse and having a mouse free house. Not sure this is the worst thing the cat has done or the OH ?. Trying to die (the cat) on day 3 is still probably the worst but that's not his fault.

At least M is settled enough to be hunting.... Oh and I can hear him pee across the room so no issues there?

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Tabitha came to see me at lunchtime and for a few little pieces of beef out of my stir fry.

She came back tonight to go in the garage. When I let her in she ran to a place next to some shelves, took a look and then jumped back... When I took a look there was a small frog in there. I wonder if she once caught a frog and decided that it tasted nasty.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
83D44D77-2DE3-48B5-8698-67462800DFB5.jpegI left the car door open and nipped back into the house for mere seconds. Luckily I checked the back before setting off to Sainsbury’s!

I also stupidly left my hospital bag (little suitcase) unattended and my beautiful washed and clean baby clothes are currently being used as a pillow for a certain fluffy face.

fiwen30

Visit site
Partner cooked himself 4 chicken breasts, 2 for dinner, and 2 for next days lunch at work. He carefully wrapped up the lunch ones in foil, but didn’t put them in the fridge - I’m sure you can see where this is going.

I came down and saw the foil packet open on the side, and 1 piece gone, and assumed partner had had it as a midnight snack because he has zero self control. Only found out when he got up a few hours later that it had been the cat who had broken into the foil, and either stuffed his face, or more than likely batted it onto the floor where it was eaten by an extremely grateful dog.

He was absolutely furious, and I just couldn’t stop laughing.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
Partner cooked himself 4 chicken breasts, 2 for dinner, and 2 for next days lunch at work. He carefully wrapped up the lunch ones in foil, but didn’t put them in the fridge - I’m sure you can see where this is going.

I came down and saw the foil packet open on the side, and 1 piece gone, and assumed partner had had it as a midnight snack because he has zero self control. Only found out when he got up a few hours later that it had been the cat who had broken into the foil, and either stuffed his face, or more than likely batted it onto the floor where it was eaten by an extremely grateful dog.

He was absolutely furious, and I just couldn’t stop laughing.
The first paragraph does have a certain air of inevitability about it ???

Cloball

Visit site
Three poor rodents in 3 days. I've managed to rescue one and one has escaped to die under the freezer as there is a funny smell in my kitchen. He's only going out for a couple of hours a day at the moment, he positively prolific.
He's also had some of my crumble. Still not met Nigel the peacock though.

smolmaus

Visit site
Bit late for blinds-chat but this is Marnie's new trick to get us up from our desks. She found and ate two very unlucky spiders up there last week and now she thinks the pelmet is a spider dispenser.
PcITYY2l.jpg

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Bit late for blinds-chat but this is Marnie's new trick to get us up from our desks. She found and ate two very unlucky spiders up there last week and now she thinks the pelmet is a spider dispenser.
PcITYY2l.jpg

Have to admit that I feel quite envious of the agileness shown in your photo. Hopefully, if she doesn't find more spiders, she'll soon decide it's not worth checking too frequently.

sunnyone

Visit site
The land attached to our old house backed on to a quarry. I got used to seeing everything in our house because the cat had caught it, but not killed it : mice, rabbits, birds, bats, but I freaked out when it came in with a grass snake and then finally an adder. I HATE snakes!
By chance the following day I was chatting to a woman who was an official of the herpetological society, she was horrified. A survey of our land and the quarry had to be done. The snake was apparently out of its normal habitat and therefore in reach of the cat because the quarry works had extended into their area. Big trouble for the owners!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Fortunately I only dimly heard this unfolding, so it didn't really disturb my sleep...

Usually "Tilly the Turtle" (free from zoo plus, Turtle on a wooden stick with crinkly bit on) is put away on an evening

However last night I left Tilly out....

I dimly awoke to the sound of the stick which is attached to Tilly bumping along the floor, a little crinkling as Tilly was put in her place by PD chewing her, followed by crying from PD to tell us about the gift she had brought us ? I then heard OH getting up, and a drawer opening with Tilly being banished ?

He likes to wind her up, so she obviously wants to get back at him, she's also got poop in her britches which he had to wipe up this morning

Shes also pulled up the door bar and attached carpet (annoying non screwed down door bars) in the hall way, and continues to work this so each time the whole corner of carpet comes up!!

She then was on the unit licking the chopping board which had had chicken on...

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Both our cats are obsessed with ladders. If, for eg, OH has a ladder up to the barn roof we have to shut the cats in, to their utter disgust (I don't do heights so would never have a ladder up anywhere).

Today OH was on a shed roof screwing on new roofing sheets. We hadn't worried about the cats as this roof is very accessible to them anyway (has other buildings on 3 sides that they regularly walk on).

Our tom cat, Ginger, made a dash around me for the ladder, ran up it and tried to leap from it onto the roof ladder too fast. Totally missed and fell onto his back (from over a storey high). There was absolutely no reason he couldn't have just walked onto it from a side building as usual, but no he HAD to go up the ladder!

Amazingly he seems to be absolutely fine.

fiwen30

Visit site
Our ridiculous, scaredy-puss, over-sized chonker of a cat managed to squeeze her robust form out of the upper storey bedroom window and out onto the ledge this morning. Our cats are indoor only right now, till we’ve cat-proofed the garden, and whilst we’ve had the window cracked every night for the heat, I guess today she finally got it into her fluffy head to try and get out. She’s a more mature lady, and not so agile due to said chonk, and I almost had a heart attack wondering if I should try and make a grab for her or if that would panic her, or if she’d panic herself trying to back up if she couldn’t turn around on the ledge. It’s a pretty big drop for a little cat!

No time to throw my pjs on, just a mad dash down the stairs, bits akimbo past the living room window hoping that none of the neighbours were putting their bins out, and into the kitchen to retrieve the Dreamies. Thankfully the call of the breakfast bell was stronger than the call of the wild, and by the time I’d scrambled back up the stairs she was waiting for me on the bed looking like butter wouldn’t melt, asking for treats!

Boulty

Visit site
Not posted on here for a while but Horrids recent exploits include 5 seperate (dead) mice on the same day the other week, a live mouse released into the house just as world cup final went to penalties, leaving lots of little trails of body parts around the place (& then usually vomiting the next day as eating his catches doesn't tend to agree with him!) & today he vomitted up 2 (whole) baby birds. Have also spotted him in Fuzzballs field from a distance so I think they've started plotting things together. (I think they're reviving Zeb & Gollums vet bill competition... I think Fuzzball is about to cost me / NFU vast sums of money & Horrid is coming to work with me to have bloods next week as unimpressed by how skinny he is atm / don't think the vomming up wildlife he eats is helping!)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Our vet recommended that we try a food toy/puzzle for boy cat as he bolts his food and is a little bit chubby. I duly went to pets at home and bought one.
He spent the first day ignoring it, and then this morning opted to just body slam it and knock over, spilling all the food it of it :rolleyes:. Not quite the desired result!