Worst thing the cat's done.

smolmaus

Visit site
Our vet recommended that we try a food toy/puzzle for boy cat as he bolts his food and is a little bit chubby. I duly went to pets at home and bought one.
He spent the first day ignoring it, and then this morning opted to just body slam it and knock over, spilling all the food it of it :rolleyes:. Not quite the desired result!
Work smarter, not harder ?

smolmaus

Visit site
I wouldn’t mind so much if he showed a modicum of intelligence at any other time, but most of the time it’s as though he’s only got half a brain cell! Even the vet commented “this ones a little bit stupid, isn’t it?” the first time he met him :oops:.
Hahaha oh poor kitty, that is so rude ? good to know you have an honest and straightforward vet though, thats something

DirectorFury

Visit site
Hahaha oh poor kitty, that is so rude ? good to know you have an honest and straightforward vet though, thats something
He had just rolled over and off the vets table thing, so it wasn’t an unjustified comment ?. Luckily he’s too stupid to get up to much mischief, the Siamese is smarter than I am and she’s a totally different kettle of fish when it comes to causing chaos!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
not really anything to do with this thread apart from being cat related but I can’t be bothered to set up a new thread.

Next door neighbours have gone away for a week and OH asked if they’d like us to pop in on the cat, feed etc. They said don’t worry, we’ve left loads of food and she’s a good hunter.

Is it just me or is this not on?! You can’t leave a cat to fend for itself for a week!! We don’t even leave Ted for a night without organising someone to come in and feed. I know we Molly coddle Ted but this just doesn’t sit right with me.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
not really anything to do with this thread apart from being cat related but I can’t be bothered to set up a new thread.

Next door neighbours have gone away for a week and OH asked if they’d like us to pop in on the cat, feed etc. They said don’t worry, we’ve left loads of food and she’s a good hunter.

Is it just me or is this not on?! You can’t leave a cat to fend for itself for a week!! We don’t even leave Ted for a night without organising someone to come in and feed. I know we Molly coddle Ted but this just doesn’t sit right with me.
On that basis they could leave their cat for a fortnight or a month, just lob out a bigger pile of food!
No thought for if the cat gets sick or is injured….
No, it is not right. In my view it is neglect.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Ok good I was worried I was being a bit soft.

Their cat and Ted don’t get on so I am constantly keeping an eye on Ted’s cuts and scrapes to make sure none get infected. A cut could get really nasty in a week if no one is checking on her! Plus I just feel really sorry for her, she’s a friendly little thing and it must be quite confusing for her going from a busy house (they have two young children) to no human contact for a week.

They’ve been away loads recently and I’d always assumed they used a cattery or that I just missed people popping in on the cat. Never crossed my mind the poor thing was just neglected!

Hormones probably not helping but I feel so sad for her ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Wow, that's not on! What if it gets sick or hit by a car?

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site

Not neglect but
We went on holiday for a fortnight. Our cat was a country cat and wouldn’t tolerate being shut inside. We had a secure cat flap for her to get in.
Friend was paid to check and feed cat twice daily.
As OH drove the car into our driveway on our return cat appeared from the boundary hedge and greeted us noisily.
On the ansaphone was a frantic message from friend. He had not seen cat at all and food had not been touched.
For the rest of her life friend would visit daily when we went away but rarely saw her.

Cloball

Visit site
Having seen Miles go from fine to near deaths door in a matter of hours I agree with the general consensus. I'm not sure he would appreciate the neighbour feeding him so my sister is cat sitting when we go away for 3 days. If I left a pile of food out he'd eat that straight away and then have none left. Although he is very good at persuading neighbours to feed him.

Rosemary28

Visit site
If we’re away for one night, we’ll pile up the dry food and leave plenty of water. We’d never leave them for more than one night without someone to check on them!

fiwen30

Visit site
A week! That’s bloody awful. Ours wouldn’t tolerate a cattery, so we pay a pet sitter to come twice a day if we go away.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
A week, that's awful, I don't think mine would even cope with a cattery.... hence why we are having no UK holiday this year as my preferred cat sitter can't do it.

Adding to the worst thing the cats done the delightful stripey creature has an obsession with my feet, and again I woke up to him attacking them. Him and the well over 4kg ragdoll then decided to use the bed as a racetrack.... including launching onto my stomach.... more than once.... Today was the only day this week I could have a lie in....I then got woken again by OH hee hawing away to his stupid colleagues, shut up ?

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I got back home last night at about 18h after a week away.

Tabitha came around to see me for scratches and strokes. She has an official home a few houses along the street, so she's not going to suffer if I'm away for any length of time.

I'm told that during my absence she came around a few times but when she only saw OH and daughter, she didn't hang around.