Worst thing the cat's done.

Cloball

Visit site
We had a new record last night, 3 rodents in the house in under 2 hours! Two were brought in in under half an hour and 2 were successfully rescued to outside (not under the fridge for later). You'd think we starved the furry psycho but no he simply cannot wait between his tea and his late night supper.
The cat flap will be fitted soon so the kitchen door will have to remain shut as I refuse to scrub entrails off the cream carpet anymore! (I mean really why did I buy a house with cream carpets!)

On the plus side he's stopped his stress grooming and has nearly grown all his butt hair back, the feliways have run out so my house no longer smells like feet and it feels like I haven't seen the vet in forever! (Manically touches wood) I will also never be late for work again as the furry alarm clock is well and truly set in its routine.Screenshot_20210828-073425~2.png

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
We had a new record last night, 3 rodents in the house in under 2 hours! Two were brought in in under half an hour and 2 were successfully rescued to outside (not under the fridge for later). You'd think we starved the furry psycho but no he simply cannot wait between his tea and his late night supper.
The cat flap will be fitted soon so the kitchen door will have to remain shut as I refuse to scrub entrails off the cream carpet anymore! (I mean really why did I buy a house with cream carpets!)

On the plus side he's stopped his stress grooming and has nearly grown all his butt hair back, the feliways have run out so my house no longer smells like feet and it feels like I haven't seen the vet in forever! (Manically touches wood) I will also never be late for work again as the furry alarm clock is well and truly set in its routine.View attachment 78541

See how long the kitchen door lasts ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
PD has just set off at a brisk trot, racing across the room to come in for a smooch and cuddle after I've been at work all day. The moment was then somewhat spoilt by her proceeding to stand with a mitted paw with all her weight right in the centre of my boob ??? she's a ragdoll so not exactly small, with a fairly sizable mitt!

The warning signs were there, she was clearly plotting in the photos - probably disapproving of me going back to work and leaving her alone!

Screenshot_20210902-195211_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210902-195220_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210902-195151_Gallery.jpg

Just because the power stance is amusing me

Screenshot_20210902-195624_Gallery.jpg

Cloball

Visit site
There are mouse intestines everywhere the carpet, the bed sheets... The cat is no where to be seen.

He's already panicked me this week thinking he's got another UTI. He's fine apparently but has lost weight. How I have no idea as he eats us out of house and home, supplements this with a never ending stream of rodents and is up to date with worming. ??

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
There are mouse intestines everywhere the carpet, the bed sheets... The cat is no where to be seen.

He's already panicked me this week thinking he's got another UTI. He's fine apparently but has lost weight. How I have no idea as he eats us out of house and home, supplements this with a never ending stream of rodents and is up to date with worming. ??
Hope he’s turned up by now.
I’d have said weight loss = worms but as he’s up to date that’s not the reason. Perhaps it’s just because he’s such a busy boy ?

asmp

Visit site
She's beautiful. There are only two pedigree breeds of cat I'd pay that kind of money for, a Maine Coon or a Bengal. I'm too afraid they'd get nicked, though.
Yesterday I was looking on Petsreunited as my mum’s (bog standard) cat has gone missing and was surprised how many Bengals are missing. I’m assuming that some of them have been stolen ?

fiwen30

Visit site
Yesterday I was looking on Petsreunited as my mum’s (bog standard) cat has gone missing and was surprised how many Bengals are missing. I’m assuming that some of them have been stolen ?

Very sad. There’s no way I would allow an expensive pedigree cat to roam, for risk of theft. Even our bog standard moggies I prefer to keep indoors till the garden can be cat-enclosed, as have lost too many on the roads. Seeing missing cat posts is just so upsetting, and it’s so avoidable. We don’t let our dogs roam, so I’m not sure why we do with cats! I hope your mum’s cat turns up safe and well soon.

TwyfordM

Visit site
This was many years ago as we sadly lost the Stinkerbelle at the age of 19, a couple of years back but she had some crackers ?

She used to do the balance beam along the side of the bath while you were in it. Unfortunately, there always going to be the day she fell in - thankfully my mum was in the bath not me ? head to toe in scratches, heard all this screaming. Soaked through cat comes flying out the bathroom.

She wasn’t the biggest fan of the neighbours spaniel, but they used to share the garden ok. He slowly got up his courage to come and sniff her, she turned around and launched at his face ??‍♀️ Caught him on the nose so spaniel was running around the garden spurting blood everywhere. While Tink sat triumphant on the table admiring her handiwork.

She used to stick her paws in your cup of tea if you left it unattended too. ?

Still miss her ...

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
She's beautiful. There are only two pedigree breeds of cat I'd pay that kind of money for, a Maine Coon or a Bengal. I'm too afraid they'd get nicked, though.
And Teddy is a mix of both! Plus a third breed which is unknown. My cat before him was a maine coon mix but not sure what with and he was beautiful but the complete opposite of the breed standard friendly. So I think he was maybe mixed with a piranha or a shark or something equally human hating.

but Teddy lives up to the friendly stereotype. I’ve woken up many a time to him suckling my earlobe which is perhaps a step too far…

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
A local breeder of bengals often has their kittens for sale at £2k each so yes, I would assume stolen ?

eta: hope your mums cat is found soon!!! If you are on Facebook have you tried the local fb groups?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Teddy is on house arrest for the next couple of weeks due to us moving and I went to the toilet during the night to be hit by very strong urine smell. Was just working myself up into a frenzy at OH and his useless aim when I happened to look in the bath tub where the baby bath tub was filled with wee. Then in strolled Teddy looking pleased. at least it was on something easy to clean I guess.

Was also upstairs when I heard him do his “I’m in pain/stuck/scared” meow so rushed downstairs and he was sitting on the windowsill looking into the garden watching OH and Mabel play with her ball ? he loves chasing the ball with Mabel. Broke my heart. But for his own good and hopefully the next 2 weeks will go quick for him and he can get out there and meet all the new cats for him to bully.

Bernster

Visit site
I was so worried about our house move. Kept cat in for 4 weeks in the end, the last few days she was clearly ready to go out. Went fine in the end but we did take it slowly and carefully.

She’s now become a prolific mouse hunter though - the joys of living in the countryside ?. Researching ways to try and limit it (other than keeping her in which I don’t really want to do as she would be miserable), with limited success so far ?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Sadly I've had to say goodbye to my cat recently ?
I'm still finding fluff everywhere though.
I keep thinking every noise in the house is her , realising it isn't, then wondering what on earth is making the noise.

Attachments

• IMG_20160131_174920.jpg
    IMG_20160131_174920.jpg
    704.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20160108_200158.JPG
    IMG_20160108_200158.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 3

Michen

Visit site
Very sad. There’s no way I would allow an expensive pedigree cat to roam, for risk of theft. Even our bog standard moggies I prefer to keep indoors till the garden can be cat-enclosed, as have lost too many on the roads. Seeing missing cat posts is just so upsetting, and it’s so avoidable. We don’t let our dogs roam, so I’m not sure why we do with cats! I hope your mum’s cat turns up safe and well soon.

Cats are completely different to dogs, incredibly independent and it’s not like they get taken on structured walks or training. My cat would be thoroughly miserable if he was contained, he absolutely loves his freedom. I wouldn’t have a cat if I couldn’t have it free range.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Cats are completely different to dogs, incredibly independent and it’s not like they get taken on structured walks or training. My cat would be thoroughly miserable if he was contained, he absolutely loves his freedom. I wouldn’t have a cat if I couldn’t have it free range.
I’m exactly the same (or I at least give the cat the option to choose. My first cat when he was older couldn’t think of anything worse than leaving his sofa spot and going outside for anything other than going to the toilet).

I’m counting down the sleeps until Teddy can be released. I sat in the garden sunbathing yesterday and everytime I looked back at the house he was at a window staring at me. The guilt.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

I completely agree, but I have had two who wanted to be house cats. The female was eventually persuaded to leave to house instead of using a litter tray, so she stayed. The male I had a few years back would not go outside and was terrified of the outdoors. We rehomed him to some friends who wanted an indoor only cat and everyone involved was ecstatic about it.

I don't know how you find "the right cat" for indoor living, but for the right cat, it's fine.

Though my vet tells me that when he was at college the lecturer on diabetes said there was no diabetes in cats so that's why the breed was not covered. Now, diabetes in cats is common, which says a great deal about how cats are now being kept and fed.