Would say good morning but it's the middle of the night...

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Hello from a tired Henryhorn, poor foalie still isn't doing so well so I'm giving him extra three hourly foal milk, hence the reason I'm on here at 3 am ...
I wasn't supposed to feed for another hour but my mental clock has woken me before the alarm so I popped outside half dressed to feed him now.
He is doing better but still so weak he fell over moving him from one stable to another last night, so we are trying to get as much energy feed in as possible.
He will eat feed but haven't yet discovered a method to stop mare stealing it too, any suggestions anyone? He has to have the bucket at head height as his neck must be sore from the port, and up to now I've tried putting it in a bin (he knocked that over) tying the bowl from a tie ring (mum stole that one). Last night I gave her an enormous feed and tied her up, but she stropped something awful..
I think I have actually gone beyond tiredness now, and am coping better, but can't expect CCJ to help, she did 8 hours tractor driving yesterday in that heat haymaking..
P although willing daren't risk his broken heel in there with the mare either.
My son is back later today (well both are, one is bringing home his girlfriend from Czech) so I'm going to be relieved of the middle of the night feeding, as they will take a turn too.
The foal didn't get up to be fed, just stuck his muzzle in the warm milk jug and slowly drank a litre.. If you're up send him some vibes, am off to try and put a recent pic on my blog, he is skin and bone but hanging on..just.

Enfys

Visit site
Good Morning,

I do hope you manage to get some deep sleep in between feeds.
I do so hope that this little chap pulls through for you, I have been thinking of you, big and heartfelt hang on in there and get well soon vibes heading your way.

Take Care.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
I was really hoping to hear better news today HH. The fact that he has a good apetite is a very good sign though. Your hard work is an inspiration to many. My offer still stands if you need help xx

Dovorian

Visit site
Do you have one of those feeders with bars across? I think they were called foal creep feeder, bars wide enough for foalie to eat but mum's schnozzle too big to get thru..... I think we got one years ago from Horse Requisites in Newmarket.

Pidge

Visit site
Just looked at your blog and am sat here crying. I really really hope he gets better. Sending you lots of love and hugs xxxxxx Your determination and dedication are an inspiration to us all.

henryhorn

that's what I thought existed but didn't know if they still did, will google them now.
He is still much the same this morning, eating ok, drinking the extra milk from the jug and his temperature is stable.
He is lying down now but does get up and drink from his Mum and eat from the net every so often.
Our vet said he would call in on his way past today (please God let that mean he won't charge us a visit fee.
wink.gif
) and I will ask him if he can give him anything else as a sort of booster. he has already had B12, glucose etc, been wormed, and is getting coligone (thanks H's Mum, I kept some of the order you sent me ages ago)
I suppose it's like any human who has almost died, getting strong again will take a long time.
Right now the mare is tied up with her feed hooked into the haynet, and he is lying with his nose in a feedbowl eating mix, fenugreek, garlic and balancer..
I'm off for a quick shower tho really I could do with another sleep. Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
crazy.gif

Gonetofrance

Visit site
Hang in there, he's still eating.
Have you any idea what the cause is yet? Sorry if you've said already, I've had real probs getting on the forum for a day or so.......
I keep thinking about him, and hoping for good news when I log on.

henryhorn

We're near Moretonhampstead.
I've googled the foal feeder and reckon we may be able to adapt a feed bucket here if I can persuade hubby to balance on his crutches long enough to screw some bars over a tough feedbucket.
Still no nearer the cause, they have eliminated lots of things, and the current tests are going to take up to two weeks as they are very specific.
keep the vibes going please, if only to give me some energy to carry on!
grin.gif

jesterfaerie

Visit site
Your poor ickle man I hope he recovers soon.
I have everything crossed for you all, hope you manage to get some sleep HH!!!
(((((((positive vibes)))))))

Honeypots

Visit site
(((((((((Huge healing vibes for your foal....)))))))))))))))))

((((((Tons of energy vibes for you))))))))))))))))))))))

sallyellis

Visit site
Oh Sue I am so glad to at least hear from you kept checking all day yesterday for an update (forgot you were having an even busier day than usual) I am keeping everything crossed for him.....he seems to be much stronger than Diva? lets hope he keeps feeding and the sun keeps shining and it makes him feel a lot better.

BBs

Visit site
Oh poor baby. He looks a real sorry state doesnt he
frown.gif

I shall be praying for him HH, hes a real trooper! and really is trying hard.

HUGS from me.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Sending loads of healing vibes for the foal, and vibes for you to give you the energy to keep going. The fact he is eating and drinking must be positive so keeping fingers crossed his strength builds up.

Eccles

Visit site
Loads of vibes coming your way, poor little thing but you are doing everything you can for him and more x

oliviacharley

Visit site
I think he looks pretty good for a poorly soul....some of the foals I have seen at the vets have been much worse and it is positive that he is eatting.
Lots of cuddles and thoughts going out to you.
He seems a tough sort to be going so strong after so much...
keep positive...