would these photos put you off?

pixiebee

Visit site
or entice you???? This is not an ad, just wanted opinions on the photos im using to sell my filly. Will get some better ones tomorrow hopefully when I have batteries for my camera! Would these photos put you off or are they ok?
DSCN0675.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0668.jpg

jazz006.jpg

jazz012-1.jpg

Waffles

Visit site
I think, if it was me looking to buy, I'd want a full side view to get a proper look at her conformation - they are lovely photos though!

Waffles

Visit site
Her hooves look a bit untrimmed, I would think (if buying!) and I would think (being very suspicious when looking at horse ads!) "Oh, maybe she's rubbish with the farrier - and why hasn't she got shoes on?" etc. - I'm trying to think from a buyers point of view here!
Mind you - how old is she?

Countrychic

Visit site
Def wouldn't sell her to me
1st she isn't stood up square and her front legs look funny
2 Nd looks a bit donkey
3rd funny angle so you don't get a good look at her
4th fine because she has a pretty head as long as it's combined with better pics ( the parelli head collar would personally put me off but that's just me)
Last half her legs have been chopped off

be positive

Visit site
They are not really going to entice a buyer, although her colour may do that without good photos.
I would clean her feet and oil them, take off the halter, it makes her look difficult to control, put on a plain dark headcollar, stand her up properly, it doesnt matter if you have to be in shot to get a good one.
Find a place with a plain or attractive background somewhere dark behind would enhance he colour which at the moment is not at its best while still in winter woolies.

She is very pretty and looks cute in the last photo.

Waffles

Visit site
Didn't notice the parelli thing, but having now seen that she has a headcollar underneath, might think "Perhaps she's difficult to catch if they keep a headcollar on"

pixiebee

Visit site
i only put that headcollar on to teach her pressure and release which she got straight away, dont use it now and she is most definately good to catch (she will actually follow me round.lol)

mulledwhine

Visit site
I think she looks lovely, however if I was a buyer I would want her standing square, those photos would make me think, cute, but I don't think I would explore any further.

Bless her though, I love a little baby bum in the air :)

3Beasties

Visit site
The first and last one are the best IMO but even they aren't great for selling.

I'd clean her up, have just one head collar on her and then make her stand up properly so you can get a good side on view of her. Might also be worth trying to get one of her moving (in the school or field).

The piccys would not make me think WOW and if you are wanting a bit of money for her then I think the piccys have REALLY got to sell her.

Waffles

Visit site
Re the headcollar(s) - yes, I'm sure she is good to catch, but a buyer might think they are smelling a rat when they aren't. It's like when they say "Good to clip, box and shoe" and you think "oh, so you can't catch it then"

Ibblebibble

Visit site
she is cute but i think that you ought to get a bit of a 'look at me' pic that makes her look stunning so that she catches your eye when you scan through the ads. at the moment those pics wouldn't jump out at you ff a page full of ads;)

FreddiesGal

Visit site
Hmm the pics aren't great, but she is gorgeous! I'd give her a good brush, take her to somewhere with a simple backdrop on a nice day (eg. in front of a bush) and get her standing square with her ears pricked :)

SusieT

Visit site
None of themn are great-use a bog standard headcollar when standing her up for the camera as any sniff of bad handling (odd headcollars) puts people straight off. Firs tpic is only one and even it only gives an idea of her looks. You need one side on, with her legs all on the floor.

JingleTingle

Visit site
I can't believe anyone would look at those pictures and think that it was old enough to have shoes on!:rolleyes:

Very pretty little foal but photos aren't good enough IMO to really grab someone's interest or do the foal justice. The 2nd one in particular gives an horrendous view of a very distorted looking mouth! I know that isnt so from the other piccys but just a pointer at how VERY careful you need to be with photos for adverts.

Waffles

Visit site
Yes, sorry. as I said earlier......
but if you were just browsing through some random photos, until you have a good look at her knees (like in the last photo) you can't see that she is that young with her full coat on... anyway,, let's not get into recriminations.....
what's her breeding? if that's not going to upset the H&H people:eek:

Bethie

Visit site
My honest opinion would be numpty seller if I saw any of those on an ad, I wouldn't be that likely to ring and would expect it to be on at a stupidly low price - that isn't a reflection on your horse, just my experience from pics such as these used on ads ;).

You can hugely increase the potential buyer's expectations and view of what price they would be prepared to go to before they get to a viewing by really smartening her up and getting good pro looking shots.

- if the weather holds then bath her before your session, if its not too good still then at least spot wash her, make sure she is spotless, chalked up, groomed and try to get her mane and tail to behave for 10 minutes,
- get hold of a proper white halter to show her off in - will make her look like a show prospect for this summer and like you've done some work with her,
- she is really pale so stand her against a darker background to make her stand out, a nice green field would look good
- stand her up like you would for showing and get a photo of her squared up, side on, stood up - think inhand show photos in H&H mag for inspiration

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
At the present time there are so many horses/ponies for sale that you need to make the best of yours so she must be at her best so she will be noticed.

Firstly ensure that your filly is clean & groomed. In the photos she looks like she's been dragged out of the field & some quick snaps have been taken. I expect that's what you actually did on that day? To sell your pony you need to spend some time setting things up. Don't use 'snap shots' that you already have because they will be no good for selling. You need to take specific photos for an advert. What I call selling pictures. You need to show conformation with front, side & rear photos etc. Take plenty of photos & hopefully out of them you will get 3 good ones suitable for your advert. Also when you take the photos get down to the filly's level, crouch down & the pictures will look alot better. Taking then from above distorts the view of her. Think about the composition of the picture, get a nice back ground. Have a darker background, may be a hedge behind her & she'll stand out well. A light background & you will lose her against it. Don't have anyone in the shot with her, buyers want to see her no one else.

When you write your advert keep to specifics, don't gush cute remarks etc, keep in factual, accurate & to the point.

Good Luck with the photos & I hope you find a satisfactory buyer. :)

Last edited:

indie999

Visit site
I like one and four she has a very pretty face. I would have one without any gadgets on etc and then one with someone. Good luck what a pretty girl.

Ladydragon

Visit site
She's a pretty girl... But photo #2 is really not flattering... :)

IIRC isn't she part AQA? So the western head collar looks fine to me... But a bit of a clean up and definitely a sideways on photo or maybe one of her being led as she goes past you if she gets a bit bouncy just standing still...

My father's rather fabulous photography skills slid straight past me so I'd probably ask around friends etc to find someone who can take a good picture - no idea what happens but the end result always looks startlingly different...

Hootey123

New User
Visit site
awwww she looks so sweet..i hate how ppl can say such horrible things like she looks like a donkey etc.. she looks healthy and happy what else matters!!!!

Toffee_monster

Visit site
awwww she looks so sweet..i hate how ppl can say such horrible things like she looks like a donkey etc.. she looks healthy and happy what else matters!!!!

hmm but not everyone in the horse world browses adverts and say "aww what a cutey pony, i'd buy her if i could"
In reality, if you were looking to buy a youngster you would be very swayed or influenced by the photographs in the advert

i think the photos are terrible for selling unless you are just after a couple of hundred quid, get her stood up square or at least more square then she is, will make a huge difference

Cedars

Visit site
Rubbish photos, sorry! She's lovely but you'll never sell her with them.

Give her a bath, scrub her nice and clean, get someone to help you. Have her feet done so she's in tip top condition. Use ONE headcollar, same in every photo. Ideally one side on, her stood square, head up (not sky high, just not like no. 2!), another nice one of her head, and perhaps one of her moving (if she moves nicely?).

She's really nice and you will sell her but not if you use those photos!

Have fun making her all shiny :D x

maisie06

Visit site
pretty little pony!! These are nice for the photo album but do her no justice for selling. The parrelli headcollar needs to go - pronto, I personally would not buy a horse or pony that had been subjected to this!!

As she is a native type I would take the pics in a clean, simple white halter of a size to show her pretty face! I would also give her a good bath and rug her for a few days to get her coat to lie flat and turn her out as if going to a show before taking pics. The pics need to be taken of her stood up on a flat surface to show her conformation off, a free shot of her trotting in the field would also be good and do her some justice. With the right pics she is sure to find a lovely home.