Would this push you to leave? (long sorry)

Daisychain

Visit site
have you given her the opportunity to help out with your horse a little to much in the past, maybe due to you not being there and her offering to help? maybe this is what has esculated it into this problem, if you know what i mean, i personally would be polite and just ask her not to turn out your horse etc, or mix its feeds up, because you like doing it yourself! and in the future just agree other arangements through your yard owner.

Chex

Visit site
I would be having serious words to leave my horse the hell alone! People have done this to me in the past, and I actually see red if he's been brought in before I get up
mad.gif
. I do snap, but it stops them doing it again
blush.gif

goldengryffindor

Visit site
this happened to one of my mums horses where she let a lady hack it out a few times and the lady then tried to take over and intefer the whole time, my mum just said she would ratherlook after her horse herself as she enjoyed it.

alleycat

Visit site
Do you trust her competence? Only I've never known a YO sack anyone for doing too much before, unless it was too much of the wrong thing.

Pedantic

Visit site
I wouldn't leave, firm but friendly word first, if it keeps happening then go f***** mental ballistic and see if that sorts it, def dont leave as it sounds a good yard.

cobden99

Visit site
No it wouldnt, sounds as if the set-up is ideal for you in every other way. Re: dealing with the situation, I suppose the thing to find out is why is she doing this ? Does she think she is helping you ? Or does she do it in a control-freak kind of way ?
I certainly wouldnt go off on one at her until I knew - although if you dont like confrontation I assume that is unlikely to happen anyway
smile.gif

Just ask her why she does it ?

shadowboy

Visit site
Well, the yard she worked on before was a private stud and she was still working at 9pm and owner felt she could not relax until she went home, and asked her several times to go home at her finish time of 6pm but still no she would just hang around (often just sitting in one of the horses stables for hours- which annoyed the owner who then sacked her) Do i trust her competance- yes i do- although she has a tendancy for over rugging, ie her horse is unclipped and already in 500g full neck rugs etc. I think what has annoyed me the most is i never get to make my own feeds anymore so i dont actually know whats in them, and also my horse has now got used to having such weighty rugs on i dont want to clip her as i dont have anything left thats heavier. I also feel i've lost control over choosing when i ride etc. She the first livery on this yard i think thats why shes taken over a bit.

htobago

Visit site
I agree with the_winter that you should do this very nicely and politely - box of chocs or flowers or something would be good.

The poor woman obviously thinks she is being helpful. I would say something like: "I'm so sorry - I feel really bad saying this because it is so kind of you to do all this for me, but I honestly prefer to do eveything with my horse myself - I don't get that much time with my horse and it's really precious to me. I do hope you understand?"

clipclop

Visit site
I had this situation when I was in a Livery yard. The lady in question had nothing but good intentions in mind but it drove me insane.
I had several words with her varying from subtle hints to actually asking her not to do him for me.
I never did solve the problem as I moved to my own place but I know the YO changed the rules afterwards to make sure everyone got to do their own horses.
Try and have a word about it. There is no need to get angry about it but just explain how you feel. Perhaps say you appreciate her bringing your horse in but would prefer the jobs to be left to you?
Good luck.
smile.gif