Would you be upset and angry if ...

Equi

Visit site
It has never happened to me owning the horse, but when i was loaning my horse (and supposed to be the only one doing anything with him as "owner" hated him and had handed him over to me before moving yard with her other horse) i got a call from YO to say he was mega lame. When i got there he was sore but ok after a good massage. It transpired the owner had come ridden him for an hour then let someone else take him on a 2 hour hack but as they had not ridden him before they took him into the school and w/t/c and jumped him first to make sure he was ok for them to ride out. Poor boy was on a build up diet as poor condition and my riding of him had been at MOST 40mins of light school work and hack combined to start to build him up. Im sure the poor thing didn't know what the hell was going on. And yes i was livid and horse was signed over to me to loan solely until i bought him.

Equi

Visit site
To add also, as my minis are so "small" most people think its okay to take their kids in to the pen and either set their kids on their backs or let the kids walk about with them. 2 out of 5 are "okay" to do that with, but the filly, stallion and gelding are 100% not. It is just good luck that noone has had a kick in the head from them. I have told my mum firmly not to let anyone into the stallion, esp at the moment or the gelding as he rears at people he doesn't know. The mares are ok they are very used to kids and i used them in parties and the like, but the filly doesn't know much about kids. She has so far been a gem and taking it in her stride but i have told mum again firmly never to let anyone set thier kids on her cause i have no guarantee she would not buck or kick out. Small ponies does not mean good ponies :/

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
OP, if what you say happened to your horse then you need to stop whatever arrangement you had with the person. Also speak to the yard owner & inform her of that your arrangement has been terminated & the person is no longer allowed to have any interaction with your horse & therefore has no reason to be on the yard. If you feel you must fill them in on what has happened then do so but either way you need to keep that person & her friend away rfom your animal.

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
The YM knows for sure, especially after my ranting and raving to her about it. She knows the woman concerned and she was as upset as I was when I told her what happened. She then told me got to the stables that night to find him minus his rugs too after the bath incident. That set me off again. The woman concerned and her friend will have merry Hell to pay if they dare show their faces again. I have sent her a very strongly worded message making it crystal clear I will take action if she so much as farts outside the yard gates. It’s going to upset a lot of people as she’s friends with a few people at the current yard. I don’t care though.
We are moving soon and I’m counting down the sleeps.
Our new yard has a strict policy that apart from owners, only registered professionals with the relevant insurance are allowed near the horses. It’s a private property with no signage and so no one will ever find us.
The owner keeps the actual address secret and I was only given the details by her as we have a mutal friend in common. She checks out everyone before they are allowed access. It’s hidden away off a dirt track off a quiet country lane. I never knew it existed even though I spent years riding past it on my old horse.
And yes, it has a hot horse wash too. 😁

Medjuel

Visit site
I was furious when similar happened to my horse, I had agreed that my friend could ride him on a hack as they knew each other well and she had ridden him before, and her friend who neither myself or my horse had ever met, would ride friend's horse. She casually mentioned later that part way through the ride they swapped and her friend rode my horse for the rest of the ride. She betrayed my trust, and was never ever allowed to do so again. And if I had found out she had given him a cold bath in winter, I would have probably returned the favour to her, you know, "just helping you cool down after a hot ride ......"

alexomahony

Visit site
I'd be furious - seriously only the owner of the horse can decide who rides their horse. What about insurance... what if horse spooked with non rider on, and she fell off and really hurt herself. I'd be concerned about the legal issues in all this too.

Your friend has been very irresponsible and shown how untrustworthy she is. Mind you, i'd potentially see this as a good thing to give you a very good reason to immediately stop the person from riding your horse as, from what you've written, it doesn't sound like she was doing it a whole lot of good anyway!

alexomahony

Visit site
The YM knows for sure, especially after my ranting and raving to her about it. She knows the woman concerned and she was as upset as I was when I told her what happened. She then told me got to the stables that night to find him minus his rugs too after the bath incident. That set me off again. The woman concerned and her friend will have merry Hell to pay if they dare show their faces again. I have sent her a very strongly worded message making it crystal clear I will take action if she so much as farts outside the yard gates. It’s going to upset a lot of people as she’s friends with a few people at the current yard. I don’t care though.
We are moving soon and I’m counting down the sleeps.
Our new yard has a strict policy that apart from owners, only registered professionals with the relevant insurance are allowed near the horses. It’s a private property with no signage and so no one will ever find us.
The owner keeps the actual address secret and I was only given the details by her as we have a mutal friend in common. She checks out everyone before they are allowed access. It’s hidden away off a dirt track off a quiet country lane. I never knew it existed even though I spent years riding past it on my old horse.
And yes, it has a hot horse wash too. 😁

^^^ This sounds like the dream!

The Trooper

Visit site
Justified.

I am extremely particular with who rides either of my girls. It's basically just me, my Mum and my partner. Mum I will let ride Bonnie once a week (over winter) to help keep her fit, she has a share of Belle so can ride her basically when she wants but listens to me when I say not to. My partner rides Belle and indeed learnt the basics on her under my tuition.

Belle is getting a little ballsy recently, I'm going to need to start taking her out more often to remind her that she can be a nice sensible mare. I guess that means my partner will be getting to ride Bonnie too.

I'll let most people have a sit or a walk around the yard under my supervision (If i like them), they aren't ridden in a school at all and only the above can hack them. This is non negotiable and if either of them, Mum or not broke my trust and let someone else on them without me being there I'd go through them.

Leandy

Visit site
Yes, I would, but on the other hand I can't envisage getting into this situation. I don't generally let others ride my horses (I find it odd that some people seem to regard them as common property to be shared around). If I did let somone borrow one as a one off it would only be someone I knew beyond doubt to have the relevant experience and common sense, but then it isn't usually those types of people who even consider it appropriate to ask in the first place.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Happened to me once, my friend had permission to ride my new young horse. For some bonkers reason, she decided to put a child she used to give lessons to on him. He had blood around his mouth when I came up, I was ruddy furious. I moved yards fairly soon after.