Would you feel offended if ...

Annagain

Visit site
I wouldn't be offended. I'm 44. I bought Wiggy last year and the intention is that he will be my last horse. This isn't set in stone as he's a little older than I would have liked to have bought (he's now 15) so I might have one more depending on how things go with him but the plan is to own/ride horses until OH and I retire at about 60 and then spend some time travelling and enjoying life without any extra responsibilities. Both of us began quite stressful careers more or less straight after uni so we've never done the fun thing and we'd like to do it before we get too old. Whether I get something again once we've satisfied the wanderlust, is another matter.

lynz88

Visit site
People seem to have bought the idea that there is something irresponsible about an older person doing something "dangerous".
I get this a lot because I often travel on public transport to a local yard & I can't be bothered changing when I get there.
I usually just smile and nod but if an answer is required I point out that horse riding is much less dangerous than the alternative. If it was classed as a sport, sitting down watching daytime tv would be at the top of the list for pass times likely to kill you.

I do the same as you! Although I have a driver's licence from home, I need to go through the whole process over here and it's quite expensive. Then I need to get a car and having yet another expense isn't super high on the priority list either (if I'm honest). Frankly, I actually like the little walks to/from the yard and public transport as it gives me time to clear my head and get some extra exercise (though sometimes annoying when in a rush)