Would you have a lesson off a fellow HHO'er?

Moomin1

Visit site
I've had a lesson from Pootleperkin who is a personal friend and a fantastic rider. Love her horse Gully - gorgeous horse and was his fault that I ended up buying my own again! :eek:

Would probably choose JFTD and Rhino to teach me on my horse. JFTD because I can imagine she would do my nerves the world of good with her quirky sense of humour and Rhino because I'm in awe of the size jump she is jumping in her sig pics and can imagine she is an amazing rider!

Me and Cobrastyle help each other out as much as we can too.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Would probably choose JFTD and Rhino to teach me on my horse. JFTD because I can imagine she would do my nerves the world of good with her quirky sense of humour and Rhino because I'm in awe of the size jump she is jumping in her sig pics and can imagine she is an amazing rider!

You're one of the few people on here I think actually gets my sense of humour :cool: :D Totally agree about rhino though - I reckon she's a dark horse and would have an awful lot of excellent advice, and I'm not basing that on the height she jumps (because any idiot can jump high on the right horse - but rhino's not that idiot ;) )

Moomin1

Visit site
You're one of the few people on here I think actually gets my sense of humour :cool: :D Totally agree about rhino though - I reckon she's a dark horse and would have an awful lot of excellent advice, and I'm not basing that on the height she jumps (because any idiot can jump high on the right horse - but rhino's not that idiot ;) )

Ha ha!! Well, you think YOU can scream when you do cross country jumps - you haven't seen me! I sounded like a 16yr old chav being assaulted when I jumped my mare over 3ft 3!! :eek::cool:

rhino

Visit site
Ha ha!! Well, you think YOU can scream when you do cross country jumps - you haven't seen me! I sounded like a 16yr old chav being assaulted when I jumped my mare over 3ft 3!! :eek::cool:

Nothing wrong with a bit of vocal encouragement :p :D

And I'm in no position to be teaching anyone, well except for the day job! Definitely not riding :D

JFTDWS

Visit site

The screaming I can handle. You should hear me schooling or riding in to fences. I actually instruct myself - "what are you doing with that hand, will you ride that horse properly, put your bloody leg on you t*****, do as you're told, well what did you think he would do if you did that?!" very audibly. It's ridiculous :eek:

JFTDWS

Visit site
*eherm* I would like to point out who was there threatening with a fence post for JFTD's sig pictures :p

my sig pics haven't come up yet - moomin's impressed by rhino's sig pics ;) I need dh present during my jumping sessions not as an instructor, though... She's more of a... threatener of violence :D

Moomin1

Visit site
The screaming I can handle. You should hear me schooling or riding in to fences. I actually instruct myself - "what are you doing with that hand, will you ride that horse properly, put your bloody leg on you t*****, do as you're told, well what did you think he would do if you did that?!" very audibly. It's ridiculous :eek:

:D Thank goodness someone else does this too!! I don't do it that badly though!! I just say things like "You are being pathetic, get a grip you useless piece of ****!" to myself under my breath!

Seriously though, you both come across as grounded (not literally hopefully!!) and down to earth people who have the guts to get out and try things without being ridiculous like me and faffing around thinking I'm going to combust if I go over a jump! :eek:

JFTDWS

Visit site
:D Thank goodness someone else does this too!! I don't do it that badly though!! I just say things like "You are being pathetic, get a grip you useless piece of ****!" to myself under my breath!

Seriously though, you both come across as grounded (not literally hopefully!!) and down to earth people who have the guts to get out and try things without being ridiculous like me and faffing around thinking I'm going to combust if I go over a jump! :eek:

Thank you, but sadly appearances can be deceptive :eek:

I'm just a louder, more competitive version of you, I'm afraid. Much panicking and fannying about and wimping out. I should be getting the pony out hunter trialling and yet I am wimping out of it totally at the moment. He is more than capable around a 2ft/2ft3/2ft6 course, and yet I am stalling away in my own litte world :cool:

The only thing that makes me jump biggish at home is dh standing there watching - I am too competitive to admit I'm scared, so I just pretend the jumps are little and shut my eyes over them :D Not to mention the threats of violence that eminate from her :eek:

dafthoss

Visit site
I'm good at violent threats :D Shes heard what I did to a small child and now she jumps what ever I put up for her :D:p.

dafthoss

Visit site
Yes my lecture has changed times to 1-3 so can come straight after as I'm staying the night to do this blimmin assingment :grrr:.

Moomin1

Visit site
Thank you, but sadly appearances can be deceptive :eek:

I'm just a louder, more competitive version of you, I'm afraid. Much panicking and fannying about and wimping out. I should be getting the pony out hunter trialling and yet I am wimping out of it totally at the moment. He is more than capable around a 2ft/2ft3/2ft6 course, and yet I am stalling away in my own litte world :cool:

The only thing that makes me jump biggish at home is dh standing there watching - I am too competitive to admit I'm scared, so I just pretend the jumps are little and shut my eyes over them :D Not to mention the threats of violence that eminate from her :eek:

LOL - this is me to a tee!! My mum is the only person who can make me do stuff now though that really pushes me out of the comfort zone!! Strange considering years ago my mum couldn't even watch me ride!

BTW - I managed to scream the ears off my OH's 6 year old son on the Tower of Terror in Disneyland Paris! :eek:

JFTDWS

Visit site
LOL - this is me to a tee!! My mum is the only person who can make me do stuff now though that really pushes me out of the comfort zone!! Strange considering years ago my mum couldn't even watch me ride!

BTW - I managed to scream the ears off my OH's 6 year old son on the Tower of Terror in Disneyland Paris! :eek:

Haha my mother discourages me generally - too scared it will go wrong I think! Though when we were alone at xc schooling she was saying things like "what's the worst that can happen?!" :cool:

Yes my lecture has changed times to 1-3 so can come straight after as I'm staying the night to do this blimmin assingment :grrr:.

grrr. bad assignments getting in the way of going home to Rob :mad: After 3 is great though :) I don't need to be in work before 9 :)

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
awwww, only just caught up with this thread, thanks peeps :)

if any of you are leics/notts way, would be more than happy to give you a lesson, no problem too big or small and all that xxx

dafthoss

Visit site
PS if your ever huntingdon/cambridge way I would love to have a lesson, although as I mentioned earlier I would embarrass my self :eek:.