wow beautyful horses.

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
I see nothing beautiful in any of them, what makes them beautiful to you ?

Pardon me they are so ugly fit for burgers. :rolleyes:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like unusual colours - boring bays etc do nothing for me, some of these colours are unusual especially the one with H O R S E spelling within it's coat.

Last edited:

MasterBenedict

Visit site
Last edited:

only_me

Visit site
Facts aren't quite straight, pretty sure grey isn't an unusual colour :p

What's the difference between a perlino, gold champagne and a cremello?

The silver buckskin is beautiful! Love the brindle too.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Pardon me they are so ugly fit for burgers. :rolleyes:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like unusual colours - boring bays etc do nothing for me, some of these colours are unusual especially the one with H O R S E spelling within it's coat.

I am looking at them as horses, the make and shape of them, not strange colours.

Amicus

Visit site
I think the silver buckskin is a photoshop jobby, there's the same photo with that horse in all sorts of different colours somewhere.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I see nothing beautiful in any of them, what makes them beautiful to you ?

The fancy colours, which is not a reason to breed any horse!

They arent unusual

Indeed!Lots of double dilutes, some spotty horses, the odd roan with corn spots and some photoshopped

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I think they're beautiful. However the first two are perlino, not cremello. The silver bucksin is photoshopped as is the one with 'horse written on it. But loved looking at them all. I have no idea why people are so bitchy to the op :(

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
I think they're beautiful. However the first two are perlino, not cremello. The silver bucksin is photoshopped as is the one with 'horse written on it. But loved looking at them all. I have no idea why people are so bitchy to the op :(

They can't help it I suppose it is natural to them :D - this link was sent to me with the link on FB there fore don't see things or care if photochopped as I have more important things in life than to spend every minute on computer, sussing it out, I had never seen it before or the photo's. Round here they are unusual colours as most are coloured cobs - bay - black - grey - chesnut.

Now I come on here for about 20 mins a day maximum the odd snippit 2 or three minutes at a time.

How is that pretty and lovely youngster of yours Waggie ??

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I adore akhal teke metallic colours every since I saw one when I was a teenager. The body shape does nothing for me, but the colours, which all seem to have that metallic sheen, are just stunning.

rhylis

Visit site
I enjoyed looking at them. I'd take home the appaloosa foal if I could not just for his spots but mainly for his lovely big ears!
I agree the metallic sheen on the akhal teke is fascinating but shape wise they always remind me of my old greyhound!

Indy

Visit site
I'd love the first gold one, a bit like Ybcm his body doesn't do a lot for me but I'm pretty sure I could live with that for such a beautiful colour. Bet hacking him out traffic would slow down

ycbm

Visit site
The one I saw was a bay one, same lack of depth through the body and the identical metal sheen on his coat. I was a transfixed fifteen year old on a riding holiday in the New Forest. I've never forgotten him.

Can any of the geneticists tell us what causes the metallic colour?

eatmyshorts

Visit site

I agree. The post was quite innocent. It's nice to be nice :) I do agree everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i suspect sometimes reactions on here must put people off posting at all.

Some stunning horses there which i'm sure aren't photoshopped. Akhal Teke's coats are amazing - i'm sure i heard a story about one being gifted to the Queen?

ycbm

Visit site
I found this explanation:

'The Akhal-Teke typically has a marvelous metallic glow to his coat. This is caused by the structure of the hair; the opaque core is reduced in size and in some areas may be absent altogether. The transparent part of the hair (the medulla) takes up this space, and acts like a light-pipe, bending light through one side of the hair and refracting it out the other side, often with a golden cast.'

tristar

Visit site
oh thanks for that!

i would love to own an akhal teke one of the most beautiful creatures on the planet, i wonder if they have some arab blood to give them that sheen.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
They can't help it I suppose it is natural to them :D - this link was sent to me with the link on FB there fore don't see things or care if photochopped as I have more important things in life than to spend every minute on computer, sussing it out, I had never seen it before or the photo's. Round here they are unusual colours as most are coloured cobs - bay - black - grey - chesnut.

Now I come on here for about 20 mins a day maximum the odd snippit 2 or three minutes at a time.

How is that pretty and lovely youngster of yours Waggie ??

She's doing really well, thanks.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
My Anglo has a metallic sheen on her summer coat, it is very attractive.

I like Tekes - unusual conformation included - they are known to be tough, sound and possess great endurance which are qualities that I'm very fond of. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I find an animal which has such efficiency of form beautiful.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I find seeing the array of colours intersting and see the beauty in most equine forms, although my type is well established. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder but I find little ugly in the equine form , even if it's not to my taste. My ability to always ( apart from one exception) to end up with a bay is also noted :D