Wow saddle and hit air strap?

Cragrat

Visit site
Does anyone have any tips for attaching the saddle strap of the hit air on to a XC Wow saddle?

I tried today, whilst at the competition, and had to give up and go without, as I couldn't make it reach from one stirrup bar to the other, on either the high or the low bar. It's a size 1 - 17", with size 1 headplate, so not particularly big or wide.

Could have been me being an idiot, but I just couldn't figure it out :( The strap fits fine on my sons horses' XC saddle, which is wider and longer.

I have emailed HitAir, but thought someone here might have experience of this?

FRP

Visit site
Had the same problem! Fortunatly my WOW has D rings (someone told me not all do???)
But I have a lunge clip like this:
http://www.bitlessbridle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10
clip each end to a D ring & my point 2 to the middle bit. Works a treat!

Cragrat

Visit site
Thank you- good idea:)
Glad it wasn't just me being an idiot as usual!
Mine does have D rings, which I use for the breastplate, but hopefully it will be OK with this on it as well. I might look for something with less bulky clips.

fairyclare

Visit site
I have my hit air strap on both my WOW saddles, 1 is a size 1 seat with a 1 head plate, the other is a size 2 seat with a 5 head plate in - so pretty much opposite ends of the scale!

You need to undid the screws in the front (as if you are taking it apart) then thread the hit air strap over the stirrup bar - both of mine are on the 1st bar as once they screws are back in the strap cannot come off as its not long enough. I leave it on regardless of what flaps I have got on too, I wear my hit air overtime I ride due to a nasty kidney injury.

Hope that makes sense, if it doesn't let me know and I will email you pic's over :)

Gazen

Visit site
Hit Air do longer saddle straps as I had the same problem with my Albion. It is the blue and black one.
I can just about fit the standard one on the saddle by fitting it over the top of the saddle and dragging it over the pommel. It is a very snug fit so I am going to buy the longer one.

Ella19

Visit site
Don't attach to the d rings especially if they are only attached by leather. Should you fall there is the possibility of the d's breaking away from your saddle with the force rather than the force triggering your hit air!

Cragrat

Visit site
So either I buy an another short one and thread it through (thank you Fairyclare, that does make sense) or I buy a longer one (thank you Gazen, didn't know they did longer ones).

Ella19 - that makes sense about the D rings not being strong enough. Not worth the risk.

Milliepops - don't think I'll use them for this, but useful to know they exist!

HHO rallies with sound advice and experience again:)