Wow - the truth is out (FEI etc)

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Read a great article last night - no surprise it was written by Pippa Cuckson! I understand why many people do NOt complete Polls - no matter how strongly the feel on a subject. Almost a surprise to find that FEI was honest about the disinterest shown in the subject. I doubt it will see it as 'evidence' of riders' distrust in anything they do! https://horsesport.com/cuckson-repo...Sh-CoQK9QKiafcK0L9dPFuvaqrpF2P6U4WGipGoXXsxFA

Reactions: TPO

sport horse

Visit site
As you say Janet a very interesting article. Sadly most riders just ride and fail to take any interest whatsoever in the administration of their sport at any level until it hits them hard and then they cry like babies!!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I wonder how well publicised it was. I don't doubt that it's hard to get people to give feedback but I don't remember seeing any comms from BD for example (I get most of their emails if they don't end up in junk before I spot them). there will be a number of FEI registered BD members and that would be an obvious route to get engagement on a subject.
Happy to be corrected if they did and it just never got to my inbox... suspect there was nothing as I've just looked back through the news articles to the new year and there was no mention.

Steerpike

Visit site
I must admit I can't remember receiving this from the FEI, have recently received lots of information regarding their stand on covid

IngramsRoughDiamond

Visit site
Do yourselves a favour and listen to the podcast on BBC sounds on the subject of doping and drugs cheats in sport and for once Equestrian sport is included along side other sports. It will make the article seem clearer.

TheMule

Visit site
https://inside.fei.org/fei/about-fei/sportsforum/2020/equine/we-need-your-input

If you get such a poor response that tells you the way you have set up your survey is not working. This is difficult to read, overly complacated in its wording and a lot of work to go through in order to figure out what they want. Given how simple it is to set up online surveys I find a system which required you to download or print something and then email it back is pretty outdated.
How did they push it out? I wouldn’t routinely check the FEI website and a quick trawl of their social media has not given me any links/ info on this

Goldenstar

Visit site
FEI and openness and clarity do not go together .

On a similar subject there was great review of a book in The Economist this week it was written by a former high ranking sports official in Russian sport , he spilled the beans on how they managed the performance enhancing and testing .
So rotten it was also funny .

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Read a great article last night - no surprise it was written by Pippa Cuckson! I understand why many people do NOt complete Polls - no matter how strongly the feel on a subject. Almost a surprise to find that FEI was honest about the disinterest shown in the subject. I doubt it will see it as 'evidence' of riders' distrust in anything they do! https://horsesport.com/cuckson-repo...Sh-CoQK9QKiafcK0L9dPFuvaqrpF2P6U4WGipGoXXsxFA

I'll take your word for it, that it's a good article... I tried reading it but my eyes started to hurt in the third paragraph, after only 83 words.

about proven dopers not been banned for long enough

I struggled on to the bit where she announces that there was only one response.

At a guess, the FEI would rely on national federations (so the FFE over here in France) to translate the questionnaire and to distribute it... I've not seen ANY communication from the FFE about this, and I can't see the FEI contacting FFE members directly.