Wretched wretched wretched animal!

BBP

Visit site
He really does know how to time things! Last week my gran died on my birthday, her funeral is tomorrow, this Monday I got told by my boss I'm being made redundant (from a job I really love and am really good at), and today my pony comes out totally and utterly lame. Thanks pony! Waiting for the vet now. He is a nightmare patient in the winter (needs working hard through winter to keep a lid on his energy) so I'm dreading what they find.

tangoharvey

Visit site
Sorry things are so tough for you. I got made redundant in July and haven't been able to find another job. I will keep my fingers crossed that the lameness is quick and easy to resolve xxx

Embo

Visit site
:(

You poor thing. So sorry you're having to deal with all this at once. Really feel for you.

Hopefully his injuries are only superficial. Sending some positive vibes your way. They really do have impeccable timing sometimes, don't they?

Best of luck. Big hugs.

Grumpy Herbert

Visit site
"When sorrows come, they come not in single spies but in battalions" - Shakespeare sure got THAT one right! Fingers and toes crossed that the lameness is something minor. My horse was 'off' last week, not hopping but definitely lame - farrier found an abscess and he's on the mend. I hope you (and tangoharvey) have some success on the job front. And not much I can say about your gran's funeral except I hope you get through it ok. xx

Elvis

Visit site
They say bad luck comes in three's so hopefully that's your lot now. On a more serious note I hope you're okay, life can be awful when it comes to timing. I've got my fingers crossed your ponys lameness is nothing serious with a quick recovery time- like an abscess.

DJ

Visit site
Awww Kat, so sorry you've had a tough week ... how awful for you :( **hugs** for the loss of your nan, and huge **vibes** for finding another Job ASAP, and that daft pony has an abscess brewing or something simple xx

BBP

Visit site
Thanks all. My gut feeling is that it's something up in his back or pelvis, perhaps related to his running around (in my pigs and ponies thread). I'm devastated about the job (sorry to hear about yours tangoharvey), I didn't expect it at all, thought I was an invaluable part of the team, so am really hoping the pony is easily fixable so I have one less thing to cry about!

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Really sorry to hear all of this news. You poor thing. I hope there's nothing serious with ponyo

I hope you can find a new job ASAP. Take anything. It's always easier to find a job when you have a job x

Merrymoles

Visit site
Oh lord! Can't offer anything but cyber support.

I got made redundant 14 years ago, found another job that I didn't like which gave me the kick to go it alone. I don't know what your skills are but there will be something out there for you. Hugs and hopes for an abscess in the meantime.

BBP

Visit site
Thank you. Up until a year ago I was self employed as a personal trainer alongside my full time job in regulation/enforcement so I can fall back to doing that again (only picked up my full time job as I'd slipped a disc so being a pt was tough). I'd like to think my current job makes me quite employable skills wise. Still waiting for vet though, think they must be lost!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I think something is cosmically wrong in the universe at the moment - I am soo sorry about all the things happening in your life --wont go into details but there are odd and horrid things happening within my family and within others lives too...something somewhere is amiss. I hope that ponio is easily fixable ...contact the competitors to the business you are currently in with your cv..you may not be out of work for long! Sending support through the ether to help you through the funeral.

MS123

Visit site
Didn't want to read and run without saying I'm really sorry to hear of your situation, and hope you're ok. Life can be really tough at times. Sending virtual hugs xx

BBP

Visit site
All virtual hugs gratefully received. They think pony has done a hind suspensory so not easily fixed at all for a pony who does not do the words 'rest' or 'controlled'. I don't know anything about suspensory injuries but I'm beside myself at the idea. He is in for a full work up early next week.

Grumpy Herbert

Visit site
Ah, not the news you were hoping for. :(

He may surprise you if he needs box rest, my scatty mare was fine when she did a tendon even though she usually lived out. Will keep everything crossed for next week's check up. x

teacups

Visit site
That really is an awful lot of rotten stuff to be going on with.
Hope the funeral tomorrow goes as well as possible and is a good send-off. Was it very sudden, or had she been ill for a while?
Horrible about the job, too...and then your poor pony. He can't help it, poor love - but feel for you if he is a bad patient...eep!
Lastly, you: you need to give yourself a bit of TLC and a big pat on the back by the end of this week, methinks. Maybe a nice treat. And then you can be in the best position to get going with all of it. Good idea to offload on this forum <g>

RoughcutDiamond

Visit site
What a horrid time for you. Pony is who gets me through things like this and therefore when/if he goes wrong too it seems 100 times worse. Having been pretty much where you are it really is tough - all I can say is look after you as best you can and lean on whomever is there to support you. Big hugs xx

BBP

Visit site
Thank you all. I think I'm a bit shrivelled up from all the crying this week. This forum is a great venting space (I had to deactivate my Facebook profile in case I said something I regretted about my employers whilst I'm so upset so feeling a bit lonely). Trying not to panic until next week. Pony is a very good boy if in full work but just can't hold in the bounces if not worked. Not his fault at all so I will just have to work out how to do it to keep him happy.

My gran has suffered from dementia this year so in many ways it's a relief that she won't suffer any more. She didn't want to go on. She loved horses though and even in the depths of dementia when she had forgotten almost everything in her life she would sit and describe to me in detail how to mount and adjust her stirrups and ride out. She would have loved one more ride (but did tell me that if we let her on my sisters horse she had been going to take him for a canter...at 90! She would have done too!) I will miss her but it's not about how long you live but how much you live.

suffolkmare

Visit site
I couldn't read and run so sending another cyber-hug. Hope you get lots of support to help through the next few days on all fronts and that the pony is a good patient. You've had a rotten run, best wishes for a change of fortune soon. x

Tobiano

Visit site
Oh, so sorry KatPT, what an awful set of things to happen. I am so sorry. Your Gran sounds a wonderful person and from that I guess the funeral will have some uplifting moments as well as the inevitable sadness. So sorry to see the news about your pony too - hope after the work up next week you have some positives to hold on to. And as for the job - raspberries to your former employers and best, best of luck for getting another. Hugs x x

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I am so sorry you are having such an utterly crap time.

Your gran sounds amazing - hope I am still wanting to canter at 90!!

Sending some suspensory-healing vibes for BonkersPony. Or, more specifically, some hope-it's-not-a-suspensory vibes x

Fun Times

Visit site
Another one sending cyber hugs. You must be a pretty tough cookie to have got through this week whilst still sounding calm and measured on here. Really hoping the vet gives you some good news when you get the full workup done. Try not to panic just yet, I have just found out the hard way how "off" an initial lameness diagnosis can be so the mention of suspensories at this stage shouldnt send you running for the hills just yet. Take care of yourself and keep us updated.

BBP

Visit site
Another one sending cyber hugs. You must be a pretty tough cookie to have got through this week whilst still sounding calm and measured on here.

I don't know about that! I think you cope because there is no other choice. And I've been plenty emotional this week! I could bare the job bit if I knew the pony would be okay. It's so hard having seen my sister go through years of rehab with her horse and how he reinjures even when she is so so careful and he is so sensible, knowing that my pony on a good day doesn't know what sensible means! He mainlines adrenaline, I think he just has that instead of blood!

A picture of the little man in action for those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting the bonkers black pony:
IMG_2172_zpsc11429cf.jpg

MS123

Visit site
Thank you all. I think I'm a bit shrivelled up from all the crying this week. This forum is a great venting space (I had to deactivate my Facebook profile in case I said something I regretted about my employers whilst I'm so upset so feeling a bit lonely). Trying not to panic until next week. Pony is a very good boy if in full work but just can't hold in the bounces if not worked. Not his fault at all so I will just have to work out how to do it to keep him happy.

My gran has suffered from dementia this year so in many ways it's a relief that she won't suffer any more. She didn't want to go on. She loved horses though and even in the depths of dementia when she had forgotten almost everything in her life she would sit and describe to me in detail how to mount and adjust her stirrups and ride out. She would have loved one more ride (but did tell me that if we let her on my sisters horse she had been going to take him for a canter...at 90! She would have done too!) I will miss her but it's not about how long you live but how much you live.

Your gran sounded like a wonderful lady. She'll still be with you. You don't have to face on this on your own, I understand though that you feel lonely. If you ever want someone to talk to, or even have a rant, my inbox is always open x

Bills

Visit site
I am very sorry to hear about your gran.

Here is a little hope for you... My horse did both hind suspensorys in May this year. I refused to box rest him (I know my horse, it just wouldn't work, tried and failed very miserably in the past) so he was out 24/7 until the middle of October and now he is in at night and out during the day. He was off work until around September when he started the 10 mins a day walking in hand which has now progressed to 25 mins walking and 5 mins trot ridden work which will then progress to 10 mins trot and so on and *toucheswood* he is sound. He will be scanned again after xmas ready to start the canter work.

He also had shockwave therapy treatment x3 and was scanned 2 weeks after the last treatment and there was a noticeable improvement in both suspensorys (left hind had more damage than the right)

So keep your chin up, I know suspensorys sounds like the worst thing in the world, my world fell apart when the vet diagnosed my boy had done both and the left hind was pretty bad. BUT he is coming out the other side and again *toucheswood* is sound.

I wish you good luck, it is a long road but there is light at the end :)

Last edited:

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Hugs.

My elephant is broken at the moment. We think he has hurt his back and right hind hip hoolying around in the new field and fell over as it's all on one side. Weeks box rest and then re check if still as sore it's into t.he clinic he goes.
He is 16:2 tank of a horse that .thinks he is 12:2!
He is half way through rehab of a stifle ligament injury so it's rather bad timing :(
Sending hugs and healing vibes