xc olympics!

LJN

Visit site
Super, that's sorted then - 100 mill should get us a nice big park and enough four legged talent to keep us going. On second thoughts a lottery win might be the only way - I'm not sure any banks have 100 mill left ;)

Arniebear

Visit site
Super, that's sorted then - 100 mill should get us a nice big park and enough four legged talent to keep us going. On second thoughts a lottery win might be the only way - I'm not sure any banks have 100 mill left ;)

no but im sure if we raided 2 or 3 we might!!! :D londons a big place they would never find us!!!

merlin84

Visit site
Hi this is my first post so please be nice as I am only a novice!

Just watching the XC and am a bit confused about the scoring- throughout the eventing you are trying to get as few penalty points as possible so if you have a refusal/go over time during XC then you accumulate penalty points. But if you fall and are eliminated, you don't get penalty points?! Or do you get a massive number and they show you this in the end of day scores? Just nobody has mentioned how big an effect elimination has on your ranking?:confused:

Arniebear

Visit site

Just watching the XC and am a bit confused about the scoring- throughout the eventing you are trying to get as few penalty points as possible so if you have a refusal/go over time during XC then you accumulate penalty points. But if you fall and are eliminated, you don't get penalty points?! Or do you get a massive number and they show you this in the end of day scores? Just nobody has mentioned how big an effect elimination has on your ranking?:confused:

if ur eliminated ur eliminated u will be out of the rankings :)

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Zara at 15.51 WFP 17.50 Tina between the 2.

Have ridden my rideable horse already today, rest are out scoffing, have already mucked out too so not feeling too guilty for an afternoons pony watching :D:D was gonna clean my tack but takes me eyes of TV so not happening!

catwithclaws

Visit site

if you are eliminated then that is it, u don't go on to showjump on the final day or anything, you're completely out of the competition. as a team it means they cannot count your score, so means that more of the other team members have to get round in order to complete as a team :)

merlin84

Visit site
if you are eliminated then that is it, u don't go on to showjump on the final day or anything, you're completely out of the competition. as a team it means they cannot count your score, so means that more of the other team members have to get round in order to complete as a team :)

Sorry cross posted there- thanks for that explanation. God I can't even imagine how disappointing that must be.

Arniebear

Visit site
Thanks alex- are you eliminated from the whole competition then- i.e. you are not allowed to do the show jumping tomorrow? Or do you get a penalty to take through to the show jumping element?

nope that means ur going home!! well not actually home :D (im sure they let you stay and watch!!!) but ur out of the competition, ur team wont count ur score and you dont get to showjump :(

:)

ellis9905

Visit site
quick numpty question from someone who doesnt know much about eventing! is there a vets inspection for all horses after the x country phase? and if so can a horse be eliminated if lame etc?

thanks

Arniebear

Visit site
quick numpty question from someone who doesnt know much about eventing! is there a vets inspection for all horses after the x country phase? and if so can a horse be eliminated if lame etc?

thanks

yes and yes!!! :)

should explain better!!! theres a vet inpection/trot up before the sj, if the horse is deemed unfit to jump it will be eliminated and their current score would not be counted! :)

Last edited: