Yard or horse?

charlotte0916

Visit site
Thank you all, I’m currently on a yard finding mission now. One looked at this weekend but barbed wire along some of the paddocks and our luck will not mix! Between all our issues happening one after another I haven’t had a chance to consider moving previously (fingers crossed she’ll be finishing 2 weeks of box rest tomorrow) but now looking very urgently.

charlotte0916

Visit site
Just thought I’d follow this up with a celebratory note - as h&h has been super helpful with perspective on many of my various ups and downs with my girl so far. We’ve got our new yard and we’re moving tomorrow!! She’s going from a chaotic 15 horse livery to a private yard with 2 others and 2 mini companions. We’ve also magically managed to find super winter turnout in our mudbath of an area, an amazingly large stable, an arena, lovely owners and super hacking where I always dreamed of bringing my own horse when I was a kid. Very hopeful that this is the start of a happy chapter for me and mare!

Winters100

Visit site
Great news, good luck for the move.

If you are paying for half or full livery you should be confident that the horse will be fine if you are unable to visit, and that any illness or accident will be dealt with promptly and appropriately. Old yard sounds as if it is unable to do that.

Hopefully she will now settle in the new place and both of you will be relaxed and happy.

charlotte0916

Visit site
Thanks all! Crossing everything that she gets on well at the new place. The key things we've struggled with are chaotic turnout where groups of them are brought in/out all day with rather a lot of chaos and shouting, dogs running around screeching and nipping at the horses and limited attention for any of the individual horses meaning things just get ignored - Thankfully I think we're solving all of these at the new place!! I'll keep you all updated.

charlotte0916

Visit site
Good luck for your move!

We moved our first mare after 6 weeks. In theory the 2 yards were very similar but she settled on the 2nd far, far better than she had on the first and stayed there for 10 yrs until we bought our own place.

Thank you all! That’s what I’m really hoping will happen, she’s finally started to calm down a bit after 6 months at this yard but is still really easily knocked off her perch by the various things mentioned - it doesn’t seem fair. I just visit but she has to live there so hoping she’ll like house number 2 better!

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
Thank you, this is exactly her. She came from a private home with 2 others she lived with previously and I think the chaotic yard combined with everything that’s occurred is just not suiting her.

If anyone hears of/knows of this kind of thing around Bristol I’d be very grateful! Going to see a new yard tomorrow but not sure how soon they’ll have space so looking urgently for options as soon after her scan on Monday as possible![/QUO

chocolategirl

Visit site
Having run my yard for 25 years, I’d say that’s NOT just bad luck, and I’d be moving pronto personally ? hope you’re pony recovers well and you can find a place where can enjoy her, you must be in a constant state of angst?

charlotte0916

Visit site
Having run my yard for 25 years, I’d say that’s NOT just bad luck, and I’d be moving pronto personally ? hope you’re pony recovers well and you can find a place where can enjoy her, you must be in a constant state of angst?

You’ve hit the nail on the head there! I think the pair of us have been desperate for some calm. The last 2 days she’s been calmer that I’ve seen her the majority of the last 6 months at her last yard - it’s such a relief!