Yards in the South West

HollyP

Visit site
Im at a private yard in templecloud
smile.gif

85 is about standard....i used to pay 90....

JM07

Visit site
looking at your avatar i'm thinking you were at HWEC....

Temple????

interesting.......i know of places in Stowey and clutton, but not Temple

spaniel

Visit site
Run by Julia Bodman. She has been there a few years. Ive heard nothing good or bad about the place or the people there. Great hacking close by but I think you access it along a reasonably busy country road to start off with. Worth investigating.

HollyP

Visit site
Its a private yard, just me and the owner
smile.gif

Wyatts is where I get my feed
smile.gif
lovely people! Not heard of JB Equestrian Services...but when I was looking I'm sure someone told me about somewhere next to wyatts that was nice....

pitter_patter

Visit site
ooh sounds hopeful!!

I'll ask at Wyatts as John always says it how he see's it to see what the feedback is. It's the nearest to me at the moment by the sounds of things.

siennamum

Visit site
Rumour is that she is moving to a new purpose built livery yard on Norton Lane. It has a brand new arena and lots of facilities. That is even closer to Bristol, Pitter Patter and sounds like it could be quite smart. You could probably get info about it from Oaktree Riding School if you do go up that way. the farmer who is building this is called Chris Lane. If you do speak to John Wyatt he's bound to know what's going on!

pitter_patter

Visit site
Oooh SiennaMum you're like a private investigator!!

That would be cool, and yes Spaniel I will divulge all information gathered!!

Norton lane would be marvellous!! The other side of me but just as close.....perhaps people are beginning to realise that there is a gap in the market!!

Stinkywellies

Visit site
Sneaking in on the end here but... Julie - JB equestrian is ok but he school has a telegrapgh pole in the middle of it!!! All teh stables are indoors in a barn. Nice enough tho.

The one at Hunstree is lovely indoor and outdoor school, new outdoor school put down a few years ago now. Wash room etc

I used to be at a yard just down the road from there in Wollard, Melissa Evans runs it - brother of the chap who runs the one at Hunstreet. She is lovely.VERY down to earth, Nice school, all year turn out. Lovely people and horses really well cared for. I loved it down there. I only moved as i moved out of the area. I would highly reccommend her, bit cheaper than huntstreet too...

Good luck

miss_c

Visit site
Julia of JB Equestrian is my cousin
laugh.gif
Never been to her yard but she was looking to move, no idea how far along that route she has progressed and if she'll go ahead, but my Uncle keeps asking me about yards!

frazzled

Visit site
Indiat , I think I know who you are. We are on the same yard as you. Fab yard to be on with kids but you really have to like kids to be there!
grin.gif

Littlemissmoneypenny

Visit site
Hi,

Have you found a yard now? I have just seen this post and I am on a really nice yard, new big outdoor arena with a really nice surface, near Chew Valley and Blagdon lakes, lots of quiet lane hacking. I've been there for a long time, family run and on a farm and a few liveries along with their own horses. If you are looking I can find out if they are taking any more on? :)

Cluny

Visit site
Julia is lovely (I bought a horse from her and sent one to her for sales livery), but her yard is run on a bit of shoe string, (think not much bedding and strong urine fumes), however she works very hard for her money and is a nice rider and pretty honest.

Have you had a look at Urchinwood EC, http://www.urchinwoodmanor.co.uk/