You can give his feathers a trim, I said

Auslander

Visit site
Love it and love the fact that your sense of humour wins out! I can think of many people who would have had a major flounce at that!

Various people have said "I'd have gone absolutely nuts if someone did that to my horse"! I'm not really bothered, as it's easily fixed, and he's not going anywhere anyway!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Oh dear that is so funny:D:D:D:D I have done a similar thing when I forgot to put the length guard on the trimmers and took a chunk out of the chin luckily I got away with it as it was not on view.

Why on earth did they continue doing the whole leg you would have known after one swipe it was gonna look terrible, at least you laughed some people might have shouted with added swearing lol!

Auslander

Visit site
Oh dear that is so funny:D:D:D:D I have done a similar thing when I forgot to put the length guard on the trimmers and took a chunk out of the chin luckily I got away with it as it was not on view.

Why on earth did they continue doing the whole leg you would have known after one swipe it was gonna look terrible, at least you laughed some people might have shouted with added swearing lol!
It's not just one leg - she did all 4!

Auslander

Visit site
Oh my life!!!
Did she think she’d done a good job? Will she be offended when you remove the rest? 😬
I gently said that I thought it would look a bit more finished if I clipped the rest of his legs out.
Going to have to turn the chaser clip into a trace as well, and hope he doesn't look too odd with a hairy top half, and bald limbs! If he does, the lot will be coming off!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I gently said that I thought it would look a bit more finished if I clipped the rest of his legs out.
Going to have to turn the chaser clip into a trace as well, and hope he doesn't look too odd with a hairy top half, and bald limbs! If he does, the lot will be coming off!

I should not send you the pic of Frank blanket clipped with bald legs..

blitznbobs

Visit site
First time Ive really laughed today... was going to suggest just clipping the lot off now but you beat me to it... did you hug her or kill her?

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Oh dear God ! so, so sorry but that has really made me laugh - and absolutely second the hairy plus fours comment :eek::D Your patience and resilience to the catastrophe is admirable - I would have taken the clippers to the helpful 'would be' clipping expert myself - on a plus side the clipped lower leg looks very smooth and neat so there is hope for the future of the clipper person ....sniggers disgracefully and trying very hard to be reasonable about this rather unique hair style.;)

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
If I hadn't read your post that you'd tidied them I was going to say she's done a very neat job of the bit she did actually do! He does look very amusing I can see him being shocked and undignified as from your threads on him he knows all the dressage moves how could a posh dressage horse be expected to go around looking like that?! Have you got a photo that shows all 4 legs in all their glory?!

As an aside you mentioned you were going to run the clippers down the backs to tidy them how on earth can you get a good look doing that? I tried once and the back of his leg looked like it had been shaved for the vets to look at fortunately he was sedated as I'd sedated him to clip and had done a hunter clip so I whipped the legs off as well to cover it up, I must admit he did look good with clipped out legs!
I tried again this year but left it as he wasn't sedated and it didn't look as bad but did give up after 1 stroke down them as could tell it wasn't going to go well and there's no way I'd have got his full legs off he's funny enough with them being trimmed I had visions of ambitiously trying and him going round with one half clipped leg! I'm surprised she kept going when it was obviously not going well she's lucky you can see the funny side and he's good enough to let you sort it out

Auslander

Visit site
Oh dear God ! so, so sorry but that has really made me laugh - and absolutely second the hairy plus fours comment :eek::D Your patience and resilience to the catastrophe is admirable - I would have taken the clippers to the helpful 'would be' clipping expert myself - on a plus side the clipped lower leg looks very smooth and neat so there is hope for the future of the clipper person ....sniggers disgracefully and trying very hard to be reasonable about this rather unique hair style.;)

It wasn't neat til I fixed it, trust me!