You can give his feathers a trim, I said

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Hmmm yes possibly to the adding too much pressure I go against the grain of hair but probably do press a bit, unfortunately it's not something I can practise those of you who are good at or do you just use normal clippers? With no guards etc?

Have you got a before you tidied them up photo?!

Auslander

Visit site
Hmmm yes possibly to the adding too much pressure I go against the grain of hair but probably do press a bit, unfortunately it's not something I can practise those of you who are good at or do you just use normal clippers? With no guards etc?

Have you got a before you tidied them up photo?!

Sadly not - they looked even funnier!

Cant find a close up of his legs after I've clipped them - this sort of shows how they usually look after I de-feather him!
1547495282077.png

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Oh wish there was a photo the current one is funny enough!

Wow they look great barely any hint they have been clipped and not trimmed! Definitely don't think I could get them looking that good, think I'll stick to the scissors.

You definitely need to keep the shaved lower leg photos you could probably win a competition for funny horse stories if one came up especially as you have the photographic evidence too!

Did she genuinely not seem shocked he looked more than a little odd?!

hellfire

Visit site
😂😂😂😂 Your poor horse!! The moral. If you want something done right!!! I trusted someone with scissors ONCE with my Shetlands tail as was dragging a bit. Hock length!!!!! Still not quite grown out. At least you can clip the rest. OR set a new trend??!!

Chippers1

Visit site
ha ha you'll all be glad to know that the hairy cobs at the riding school I keep my horse at all sport this look this time of year, it's easier for maintenance of feathery legs! In fact I wondered what the issue was at first because I've seen so many like this :D

Auslander

Visit site
ha ha you'll all be glad to know that the hairy cobs at the riding school I keep my horse at all sport this look this time of year, it's easier for maintenance of feathery legs! In fact I wondered what the issue was at first because I've seen so many like this :D

Alf is NOT a hairy cob though!!

Mule

Visit site
Alf is NOT a hairy cob though!!
Mabey he's one in disguise :p
I know all about that- My beast, a so called "sport horse" has sprouted a moustache :eek: The Irish draught doesn't have one, so what is the half bred doing with one 🤔

Auslander

Visit site
Mabey he's one in disguise :p
I know all about that- My beast, a so called "sport horse" has sprouted a moustache :eek: The Irish draught doesn't have one, so what is the half bred doing with one 🤔
He was once referred to as a vanner, whilst in his winter woolies, by a friends partner. I've never quite forgiven him!
I keep this photo where I can access it quickly and easily, for situations where I feel he needs me in his corner!
1547584457362.png

Surbie

Visit site
I love the prancy photo, but the new fluffy bloomers are just wonderful! Well done you for seeing how hilarious they are. Poor Alf! :oops::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

JFTDWS

Visit site
My favourite thing about this is that I've seen photos of this twice - once from the OP going "lol* at my horse's legs!" and once from the perpetrator posting about it herself... Two very different perspectives :p

*Some paraphrasing may apply

Auslander

Visit site
My favourite thing about this is that I've seen photos of this twice - once from the OP going "lol* at my horse's legs!" and once from the perpetrator posting about it herself... Two very different perspectives :p

*Some paraphrasing may apply

Did she? I haven't seen that!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Being food orientated I thought french trimmed lamb bone 🍖 look. Auslander you are sooo forgiving...and your livery clips very well. Thank you for cheering up the start to my day.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Just caught up..oh I thought the job was really good...now I understand you finished the legs Auslander... so much for my positive spin on the episode.