You could say things are getting pretty serious...

emfen1305

Visit site
67872806_556060038261943_2382150048189251584_n.jpg 67557599_2382625802025357_3710877474893070336_n.jpg

....Ok so I don't think I will be worrying the pro's anytime soon but this weekend I donned my brave pants and went to a local yard to do a very informal showjumping competition. I went through a massive confidence knock and refused to even get on him back in January as I was a nervous wreck and I hit the deck 9/10 times I rode. He then briefly went up for sale in March after we took out a judge at the local show and then I couldn't bring myself to part with him so moved yards and decided to sort myself out. Over the last couple of months, I have been slowly getting braver and back to normal in hope that I can go and do some unaffiliated dressage in some new places over winter. This weekend was a resounding success, no silly behaviour from the turbo cob, he was loving life cantering around the massive arena and I actually enjoyed myself too. We got a 1st and a 2nd and I felt a bit of a fraud really because people must have thought I was bonkers taking what looked to be a perfectly well behaved horse into a poles class but never mind. No real point to this post, just I suppose to reassure anyone who is going through a really bad time with confidence that it does come back through persistence and time! Hope everyone else had a fun weekend :)

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Congratulations! Well done you with a red and a blue frilly, I’d be over the moon! Love your post because I can really empathise (and pretend it’s me and share your joy ha ha)

J_sarahd

Visit site
This is amazing! Who cares if people think you’re bonkers? They don’t know your story or where you’ve come from!

Bernster

Visit site
Great to hear you've been working through it and hope that has given you a big confidence boost. Well done. Ignore what other people think - no one knows what you're working through.

emfen1305

Visit site
Thank you all. I was still beaming this morning!

@milliepops some more online dressage (we tried our first prelim last month and got 62 so plenty to work on) and then back to the scene of the crime where it all started to go wrong for real life dressage and showing in September!

Sprat

Visit site
Love this, you look like you’re doing a grand job. Confidence is such a delicate thing, and takes so long to come back once it has been shattered, good for you getting out and giving it another go