You have a budget of £200! What do you buy?

Wheels

Visit site
No rules! Apart from - this should be a gift for yourself or another person & not your horse!

What would you like?

humblepie

Visit site
Could you add a couple of noughts on the end so I can build an extension and refit the kitchen? or possibly even more noughts so I can move?

windand rain

Visit site
I am not sure I could bring myself to spend 200 on me or anything for me it would be like trying to spend a million. I cringed at paying £15 for waterproof boots in the sale so much so I still haven't worn them I could quite happily spend it taking the granddaughters out to a show or something or to treat the girls that ride to something they needed. Having just bought one of my ponies off me one of them is building up her tack so I could get her a nice bridle as a gift and some stirrup leathers. She is using mine for now as it is expensive setting out from scratch

Annagain

Visit site
Does a hot horse shower count as a gift for me? I have 2 greys and soooo fed up of boiling kettles. If not, I'm in desperate need of new clothes but am putting off as I've put on too much weight so don't want to buy the next size up so I'll have to lose some weight first. Started 5/2 diet today. So far fasting going ok!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Does a hot horse shower count as a gift for me? I have 2 greys and soooo fed up of boiling kettles. If not, I'm in desperate need of new clothes but am putting off as I've put on too much weight so don't want to buy the next size up so I'll have to lose some weight first. Started 5/2 diet today. So far fasting going ok!

Yes I'm sure it does! I'd buy a Rambo rug with a similar excuse ;)

Seriously though I'd buy a really nice smart winter coat and with any left overs chocolate!

Dusty85

Visit site
a tuffies dog nest for the lurcher or a set of waterproofs someone on here provided a link to for myself,

Good choice- we bought a nest for our GSP when he was 6 months old, 5 years later and its still going strong!! Seemed like a lot at the time, but totally worth it :)

happyclappy

Visit site
I don't know to be honest, I have most things I want, the rest are just dreams, well beyond £200. Now add a few more thousand and I would get myself a Mammoth Jackstock, already trained to ride. Or maybe bribe our local Planners!

Dunlin

Visit site
Me - waterproof over trousers, wax jacket and some waterproof gloves

YM - Saddle mounted hip flask and holder

YO - Feed, grooming kit and rugs

Livery - Bucas heavyweight combo rug

Last edited:

Princess Rosie

Visit site
A new pair of boots as my ariat stormstoppers are totally spilt across the ankle and soon to become muck boots and fed up of getting a wet ankle and foot! I'd spend the rest on a new fleece for my mare and a new lightweight turnout for my miniature horse X.

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Hmm actually very tough, £200 being enough that you don't want to waste it but not life changing... Four weeks of W8 food packs to kickstart myself before getting back into SW. Underwear would be good, socks would be awesome! Books... All the ones which I consider too expensive. I don't think £200 would be enough but a secondhand L Canon 18-40 lens. A weekend on the west coast of Scotland (or Ireland). Decent set of s/s cutlery, white porcelain crockery, could do with some decent pots and pans.

fankino04

Visit site
The really nice fake blossom tree we saw earlier this year to put my dogs ashes in, really want to have something special to commemorate her but don't want a real tree as firstly I am a rubbish gardiner and would be mortified when it died and secondly want something that we can move with us easily when we move house as couldn't bear to leave her behind.