You know its cold when...

catherinem

Visit site
.... You dont have to change into wellies to turn ponies out because everything is ROCK hard and u nearly snap you're ancles as its so lumpy!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
poo's in the stables were frozen solid at work today

Ours were too, so easy to muck out when its like that, it all rolls down!
LOL, yours as well? I have never known dog with a bladder like Badger, he too can go 16 hours or so without needing to go out.

When is it cold?

When the weather man is reminding us that being outside with exposed skin for more than 10 mins will cause severe frost bite. When my pony looks like this

snow2.jpg

Wow, love well insulated neddie pics like that!

When the olive oil, honey and even the washing up liquid have gone almost solid in the kitchen! (Never seen the washing up liquid do that before!)

Kat

Visit site
The_snow_queen please stop posting adorable daisy pictures OH and I are trying very hard to resist acquiring a whippet and you aren't helping!

samsbilly

Visit site
thanks my own stupid fault! teach me not to take a spade or something to break it. shame i have a job where i can't sit down. no rest for the wicked x

nosenseofdirection

Visit site
When you get to the yard in the morning wearing no gloves, go in to the American barn, open stable door of fluffy rug less horse, said horse moves towards you so you put your hand on her chest to get her to back off and... She leaps backwards squealing and snorting because your hands are so cold. Or possibly my horse is just a wuss?

Orchardbeck

Visit site
When the handles snap off your shallow rubber tub trug because they have become brittle in the frost...Very inconvenient when carrying warm sloppy feeds!

And when you slop warm water down your Wellies when carrying water buckets...that is the oddest sensation!