Visit site
You regret not having your rugs washed last year,

The sheer resentment of mud,

You know the 7 day forecast word for word and have your rugs/schedule planned,

Your welly socks come out!,

You take the hot choc/soup to the yard!

Oriel

Visit site
I start ordering bedding and haylage... getting rugs out and generally getting the yard watertight and shipshape before winter actually arrives!

I actually love autumn and winter - my favourite time of year :D

PoniesRock

Visit site
I found myself putting my hands under my ponys rug the other morning to warm up! She's already clipped :(

The thick socks come back to the front of the draw and the waterproof trousers make an appearance!

Luci07

Visit site
The time for social chit chat when getting to the yard has gone. Light disappears quickly and if you want to still hack after work then it's all systems go and talk later!

Plus my baby horse seems to have pretty much thrown a full coat already... Boo ..

dotty1

Visit site
Fluffy coats have appeared overnight and I have no intention of rugging til I clip......which could be soon.

Changing from summer to winter duvet tonight!!

Enfys

Visit site
...your cats put their coats on :)

672e99ea.jpg
c1f69eb0.jpg
73aca899.jpg

noblesteed

Visit site
There are spiders everywhere!

You have to dig out your ski gloves, hat, waterproof trousers, fleeces and coat from your rug pile and shake the little buggers out of them, before putting them in your car to take home to be washed ready for cold mornings! And gingerly clear the cobwebs out of your muckboots... mud's on it's way!

MrVelvet

Visit site
Haha yes, the wonderful North West... !! :( sandwiched between the Yorkshire Dales and the Pennines! Wet, windy and cold!

Thought of a few more too...

Every spare bin and box is drafted in to drape wet rugs over,

Your yard clothes are on the radiator whilst u shower to minimise cold bareness!! ;)

1Lucie

Visit site
i tried on horse's rugs on to check all ok and discovered my medium weight rug was repaired about 10times last year, is unwashed and now looks like a mini skirt after him stuffing summer grass :rolleyes: doh

LittleWildOne

Visit site
When you first hear the gaggle of hundreds of geese flying overhead.
I'm pretty close to a winter roosting site for Pink Footed Geese coming to the Uk from Scandanavia. It's a spectacular sight and sound.....but means winter has arrived.

Spudlet

Visit site
I refuse to turn on the lights in the barn!

I will not give in!

You walk into the barn wall because you refused to turn the lights on?:D

The location of your woolly jumpers suddenly becomes a matter of interest again - where did I put them in the new house though? That is the question! You start plotting what you can have bubbling away in the slow cooker to come home to - om nom.:p And you once again remind yourself, as you have to every year because you always forget, why riding in that particular set of thermals is not a good idea:eek:

guido16

Visit site
When you first hear the gaggle of hundreds of geese flying overhead.
I'm pretty close to a winter roosting site for Pink Footed Geese coming to the Uk from Scandanavia. It's a spectacular sight and sound.....but means winter has arrived.

And the geese arrived weeks earlier then usual this year! Plus my swallows are still here. The seasons are very mixed up just now!