You know you are horsey when...

Spudlet

Visit site

Polotash

Visit site
Oh God, I think I do nearly all of these...

has anyone said "when you chop carrots for dinner like you'd prepare them for your horse"!?

ArabianGold

Just around the corner, take a left follow the roa
Visit site
When you roll out of bed half asleep and put your wellies on instead of your slippers,

When you get stuck down the yard in the mud with the crap Corsa (should have brought a 4x4) and you try to sound sincere to your boss your going to be late but actually relieved that I get another half hour with the neddy.

When you lay in the fresh straw bed you have just put down and actually doze off.

When you get out of the bathroom it looks like a bomb has hit it with straw, hay, mud etc all over the place.

helencharlie

Visit site
When you are driving up and down the motorway and play spot the horse box and then can name the make and model.
When your excuses for being late for work are; had a rat problem I needed to solve, horses escaped out of the field and I needed to catch them all and last years excuse got the car stuck in a ditch outside the yard due to bad ice. (untreated country road).
I also walk the people who I work with along the routes that I use hacking and think and often say out loud, need more leg here about to spook, or get ready to slow down there might be people on the bridlepath ahead.

Katikins

Visit site
When you think EVERYTHING can be fixed with bailer twine... including holding the exhaust up underneath your very battered ford fiesta because you have no time to go to the garage due to horses (and it actually held for quite a long time)!

When you get really annoyed at the amount that horses in movies whinny! It's just not realistic!

When you haven't had a horse or been riding for 3 years yet you still click at various people to get them to move.

Joyous70

Visit site
When any deliveries recieved at work your colleagues instantly know are horsey related - and start singing "I Love horses" to you!!!

Your car resembles a stable & is known by your mechanic as the stable on wheels.

Fashion boots just don't look right the zips are on the wrong side

Your only piccies on your computer at work are horsey ones, also that on your mobile phone is of "your boys" and no you don't have children.

You leave work to put the boys to bed, or change their pj's

Stopping dead in the middle of a Boxing Day walk at your in laws last year, and stating loudly - i smell horses, quick where are they, as you haven't seen yours in 24 hours and miss them,

Checking out all other horsey people you may pass randomly and wonder what they ride etc.

Always smelling of horse, having hay in your hair and on the bathroom floor at work!!!! and bedroom floor at home

Your car apparantly smells of horses, but you can't smell it.

Theres jmany many more, but i should be at work ;)

Frankie10

Visit site
And...
- you get compassionate leave from work to deal with the death of your horse
- you have the think about which way to turn the car wheel when reversing WITHOUT the trailer!
- you can hitch the trailer up quicker than your bloke can!
- when your (non horsey) colleagues in work equate large purchases to how many bales of hay they could have bought
X

Benlot

Visit site
When you check what the weather is going to be like EVERY night...[/QUOTE]

Oh My God! just realised this is my biggest fault everyone at work laughed when I read this one out.

Plus I think I do all of the above as well..........oh there really is no hope:(

mrhsaddler

www.mrhsaddler.co.uk
My workshop is in a little industrial estate, and the amount of people who walk in the door and comment about `the lovely smell of leather` as they walk past the door, I cant smell it as being around it for so long, the other thing is my van always looks like its been offroading, with the amount of mud and filth over it, and it does get washed now and then, and everyone who gets in it seems to hold their noses, if they are not horsey.

FleabittenT

Visit site
You get field envy...

Once mentioned 'ooh, that's a nice field' without thinking, when I was in the car with my new in-laws. The sideways look his mother gave his father was priceless :eek:

ETA In my defence, it was the 'perfect' field, compared to my bog - just the right size, beautifully flat, lots of natural shelter...

Last edited:

Bettyboo222

Visit site
You get field envy...

Once mentioned 'ooh, that's a nice field' without thinking, when I was in the car with my new in-laws. The sideways look his mother gave his father was priceless :eek:

ETA In my defence, it was the 'perfect' field, compared to my bog - just the right size, beautifully flat, lots of natural shelter...

Sounds brilliant

madeleine1

Visit site
went for a job interview the other day i was spotless but checked in the mirror before i went in and found a single shaving in my hair.

and i cant for the life of me understand why my car cant legyeild. everytime i change lane on the dual carriegeway my bum muscles ask for legyeild.

when i turn corners in my car i turn my own shoulders and balance like im riding.

you know you are horsey when ur dissartation for criminology ba is on equine crime.

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
When you go Xmas food shopping, after mucking out a deep litter bed, and nobody seems to want to wrestle you for the last bag of sprouts, like they do with each other:D

When you equate the passsage of time to horsey job, eg 15 minutes=muck out

pewterk

New User
Visit site
....you take up jumping position going over a speed bump

....the garage moans about having to clear the hay out of the seat belt mountings to do the MOT

....you never wash your hands before eating at the yard, and never get food poisoning

....you ask complete strangers to "talk to the horse so he knows you're a human" (one bemused man replied very seriously 'oh dear, I don't know what to say to horses...')

and most of the previous posts!

Suechoccy

Visit site
When you notice hay on the office floor and realise it's out of your hair or off your coat.

or this morning ... tut-tutted at the muddy footprints in the office corridor and then realised they were from your Wellies and YOU ARE STILL WEARING THEM.

spinneybarns

Visit site
I took my car in to the garage have the head gasket done once and when I picked it up there was one of those disposable seat covers over the drivers seat, I casually said to the chap "you didnt need to waste one of those on my car" and his equally casual reply (without the swearing) was "I didnt put it on to protect your seat, I put it on to keep my overalls clean"
I have no idea what he meant....

Pampered Ponies

Visit site
A lot of these had me laughing out loud. A few more:

1) When the reminders in your computer diary are for Vaccinations/Equine Dentists/Farriers etc and not the birthdays of friends and family

2) The dog goes on "box rest" if he in injured

3) As a lady said earlier, when finding out you are pregnant just thinking about how many times in the saddle you will miss out on. And trying to convince the other half that your 3 are perfectly safe for as long as possible.

4) On arranging for your fab instructor, who is a good friend too, to ride for you over the time of your pregnancy that you can't ride feeling nothing but jealousy.

5) When you think about having your child you see it as having a perfect opportunity to buy a pony in a few years.

6) When the local butcher tells you you scrub up quite well when you're wearing what most people call "scruffs".

missponymad

Visit site
There are things that just means you are horsey, you know what I mean? I thought of a few today that I always think:

-You think your horse's feed looks and smells so good that you want to try it!

-It is satisfying and feels good to have dirty hands after being with the horses (just me?!)

-You ALWAYS have black fingernails...

-You bury your face in your horses mane and take a good sniff, cos they just smell so good, non horsey people think they stink! :)

-You don't mind messing with horse poop, its the nicest kind of poop!

There are probs loads more, what are yours??

When you get up at 1:30am to get the driving horses ready for the Christmas parade!!!!