You know you are horsey when...

Shantara

Visit site
^^^ Hehe :p

Also, when I realised I'm extremely grateful for being blessed with small boobs...no tight sports bra for me!! I used to care when I had a boyfriend, I could tell they were dissapointed, but pfft, I only have horses to worry about now :p

Enfys

Visit site
When you start to referring to parts of your body using horse anatomy terminology: "My stifle hurts" :eek:
Fail

When you find it acceptable to find pieces of straw and hay in your own bed. Never! :eek: That's gross

Forgot to mention, more rugs of the horsey kind in the house (to be repaired!) than floor rugs!
Rugs in the HOUSE! :eek: Another Fail. Horse blankets stay outside in the barn

When you put your hand in your pocket for a hankie and pull out.
A handfull of straw
A peice of baling string.
A fold up hoofpick..
2 horse treats or peices of shrivelled up carrot.
A screwed up feed receipt with competition details scrawled on the back.
Half a pkt of polo mints
and a hankie which looks like it's been used to clean your shoes.
I will admit to most of these though:)

I have this wonderful thing called a basement, a very large, heated basement ... kind of a dumping ground, no outer layer, horsey or otherwise gets past the inner door to the sitting room. Ever. I paid way more for the rugs on my floors than I did for any of my horses, Thankfully it is traditional here that all shoes (family,friends, visitors, tradesmen even) stay on the doormat.

If you walked into my house from the front door, apart from a few photos you would never know we had anything to do with horses at all, or even liked animals in fact, we don't do animals in the house as a rule. Allergies you see.

I am not a very horsey person obviously :(

Last edited:

maresmaid

Visit site
When all your "smart" coats for work and everyday wear were bought from a tack shop and chosen for their thermal / breathable / waterproof qualities and their suitability for calling into the yard to do quick hay net / feed and skip out on your way to / from work or shopping etc.

MagicMelon

Visit site
-You think your horse's feed looks and smells so good that you want to try it!

Erm... I have and used to frequently with my friend - we'd always have a munch!! I must say that mixes are the nicest with the little crushed peas and molasses pellets...!

My main horsey things are:-

- All my smart & work clothes are covered with horse hair.
- I baulk at spending anything over £50 a normal item of clothing yet am happy to spend at LEAST that on horsey ones.
- My bank account is permanently minus (well except for about 2 days once I get paid, but minus as soon as the horse insurance, farrier bill etc. comes out!).
- My car is permanently covered in hay, horse hair (probably explains number 1) and full of horse jackets / hat / boots etc.

My worst has to be recently though when on seeing my positive pregnancy test I thought "oh no, how long can I not ride for"!! I dont know if thats a normal reaction or not! (and yes I am still riding and will continue until I get too fat!).

ClassicG&T

Visit site
When the main thing you worry about at christmas is who is going to put the horse to bed if your away...

When you check what the weather is going to be like EVERY night...

Im terrible at checking the weather, i check at least 3 times a day, have to know the temperature and what time so i know what rug i can put on pony or if i should book indoor or outdoor school.

What would life be like without horses eh?:rolleyes:

Chavhorse

Visit site
You happily spend time baby wiping your horses backside and getting the hard bits off with your fingernails, you then put the used wipe in your pocket to throw away and forget about till you find it still in the pocket a week later.

Fingernails need to be scrubbed to make them look anything like normal

When walking in town with your OH you find yourself saying "walk on" and "easy" when crossing roads

When looking at winter boots you find yourself wondering why the zips are on the inside of the boot leg.

When OH asks you what you want for birthday/christmas you instinctively cycle through "rugs, bridles, riding boots" rather than "Jewelry, perfume and Silk underwear!

Every time you visit a new place you assess it for "hackability"

Faro

Visit site
When looking at winter boots you find yourself wondering why the zips are on the inside of the boot leg.

Even worse - you go into a very crowded TK Maxx and try on a pair of non-horsey boots with zips, only to find that you've put them on the wrong feet, because you automatically put them on with the zips on the outside...

Brandy

Visit site
I used to go running and my mum woudl come with me on her bikje, she found it highly amusing that I would 'spook' when pigeons flew out of the trees at the side of the road (ingrained from my idiot welsh)

Also, when riding a pushbike myself, with my other half who bikes a lot, slwoing down on the approach to scary objects, and when approaching a T junction, slowing down well in advance......

Looking at an item of clothing online, and saying 'i like it, but when would I wear it?' and a colleague saying 'on a sundayin the summer.....'

er. I wear jods. Or shorts if poo picking, dirty shorts at that.

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
When you "poo pick" the lawn from the dog and "muck out" the rats / hamster/rabbit.

When you say "over" and "walk on" to the dog.

When you feel like you have a baseball cap on even when you haven't, because you live in one most of the time.

When your boss refuses a lift to the station in the pouring rain because your car "stinks". You can't smell anything

When you have the best equine dentist you can find and yet haven't seen a human dentist in years.

When you are crippled with pain and won't see anyone yet the horse gets the physio and vet out if it so much as sneezes.

Someone at work complains of back pain and you instinctively ask if they've had their saddle checked.

When you know a LOT of uses for vet wrap.

When your work colleagues think you're one kinky lady after you opened your boot to reveal a pair of full length leather chaps, a set or two of spurs and a nice array of whips.

When you prefer the smell of your horse to most mens aftershave

When you freely admit the most important man in your life has four legs

When you don't mind certain *ahem* "positions" when enjoying time with your other half as it allows to to perfect your rising trot *coughs*

AMH

Visit site
- you don't think it's unreasonable that everyone should wait for their Christmas dinner until you've ridden

- you refer to friends having babies as 'foaling down' (don't do this to their faces unless they're horsey too, doesn't go down well...)

- you need a pair of work shoes and a pair of yard boots and only have the money for one, and there's really no question as to which you'll go for

Cadfael&Coffee

Visit site
...you use your body language to herd drunk friends home... i pretty much long rein them ilmao :D:D:D

completely agree with the conformation of blokes too haha, and the jumping of hedges whilst sat on the train- it always makes me imagine im hunting ilmao :D:D:D

Ali16

Visit site
~ When you accidentally call your boss by your horse's name

~ When the BE website comes up on your internet history above the web page you're meant to be editing

~ When your husband can reliably inform people that he is fourth on my your list of priorities below a horse and two dogs

~ When you get a notification at work that one of your files on your computer is too large and needs attention.. on closer inspection that file is called 'HorsePix'

~ When the family know that when they come to stay over Christmas, they will be given a 'daily routine' for the horses so should they will always know how to be helpful and when

~ You haven't had a holiday (including honeymoon) in a LONG time

~ Your days are, on average, about 7 hours longer than anyone else at work's

The list goes on... :)

BeckyCandy

Visit site
I pat my dashboard when its behaved in the snow, up hills and warms up quickly.
-Also spend all my motorway driving admiring horses in the back of trailers and saying'thats a nice horsebox'
-Driving along looking at fields and big hills and thinking I wish I could ride around there or that looks good for fittening work
-Going to stay away in a b&b with land and thinking why havent they got horses.
- old car used to be a second tack/feed room and I'd have to rearrange just to fit a second dog in.
-Talking to dogs like they are a horse and people as well.
- Going out shopping and seeing fashionable leggings for £100 thinking they look like 25 pound cheap jods!
-Leaving nights out early/not drinking becuase you are compititing and explaining you have dressage the next day and one of the guys asking what your horse is going to wear ?!?
-My list goes on I drive people mad with my obsession!

Faro

Visit site
Travelling along in a car - anyone's car - anywhere - and regularly commenting on how much "bloody ragwort" is growing along that particular verge/in that particular field you're passing.

Mince Pie

Visit site
When you drive past a filled up skip at the side of the road and worry about your car spooking.

When you're walking the dog and you notice what leg they are on as they run.

Mine goes disunited, I keep wondering whether to call the vet!

When you get irritated by all these new 'fake' horse riding things.

Too true!

-when you can't smell the smell of 'horse' anymore and everyone else complains you smell ;)
-when your horse is fitter than you are
-when you're out driving on the road and look at every hedge and bank as a jump, or every field as a good gallop stretch

Er, yup! :eek:

Adopting a jumping position whilst going over speed bumps in the car (!)

I am so guilty of this!

Walking behind car you always put your hand on the bumper (just in case ,it know you there and wont buck)

Someone at work complains of back pain and you instinctively ask if they've had their saddle checked.

When you know a LOT of uses for vet wrap.

When your work colleagues think you're one kinky lady after you opened your boot to reveal a pair of full length leather chaps, a set or two of spurs and a nice array of whips.

When you don't mind certain *ahem* "positions" when enjoying time with your other half as it allows to to perfect your rising trot *coughs*

LOL :D:D:D:D

When you freely admit the most important man in your life has four legs

Of course, who else would it be?! ;)

apple88

Visit site
You are obsessed with the weather....
You change your coat and boots in the carpark when you get to work to leave your smelly ones in the car, and then change into your uniform when in work....
You wear your wellies to the pub on a regular basis....
You click at your dog to get his attention......
You are desperate to get out of work ASAP to get 10 mins daylight!!
You have a car full of hay, mud, hair, gloves, hats, tissues.....
You love the smell of your horse :)

TART

Visit site
When you drive past a filled up skip at the side of the road and worry about your car spooking.

That made me laugh so much:) - i do it all the time:rolleyes:

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
You think its acceptable to wipe your horses nose with a tissue.. like a child..then accidentally use it yourself later :$:-D

Haha, this made me laugh! I do this ALL the time!

- you find straw/hay in the most random of places (everywhere)
- you justify not washing your car with 'itll only get filthy when I go down the field tonight'
- you quite often find mud on your work trousers/jeans which has obviously been transferred from your wellies to the front of your car seats to your trousers
- you laugh when non-horsey friends question the above

maresmaid

Visit site
When you get ready for a rare glamourous evening out - Hair done, Make up on, Jewlery carefully chosen to match beautiful floaty feminine dress, you pick up your delicate stilleto sandals, go to the door, pull on your wellies and call at the yard on your way to the "do" to top up haynet and do a quick skip out on your way there - and nobody on the yard thinks you look odd.

Toffee44

Visit site
When your thinking of selling up for a while but you dont know what you will do with the spare time/ money.

When you know as soon as you have saved a bit of money instead of replacing your banger car, you blatantly are going to go and buy that nice hunter (grey, ID, mare, 16hh + not being fussy here) you have always dreamed of.

When you are in the queue at the petrol station and you know you stink of Pee and wet straw and then a farmer comes in covered head to toe in something that smells more, it made me feel good lol.

When you car has the ability to grow grass in the boot :)

When your skint, a month behind on council tax, but you biggest concern is how are you going to buy your horses hay next month.

When you havent had your hair cut for a whole year (I have only just realised this) but your horse is shod 8 weekly, clipped, teeth (My last dentist visit was 3 years ago) and has had at least two new rugs and a chiro.

Last edited: