You were all wrong!

FFAQ

Visit site
As below! The only equine to ever get the better of my 14.3 hand reared cob hooligan was a Shetland. If I could afford the rent for another animal I would without hesitation rehome a Shetland. Poor little ******* get handed from pillar to post a lot of the time.

He will be fine with the highlands if they are all geldings or entires. If there is even a qhiff of a mare about then you will be in for more trouble than it is worth. I wouldn't worry about him getting squished - they are escape artists after all! He will get out a melee and be standing watching 15ft away before the highlands have even noticed he has gone.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
3OldPonies, mine are american miniatures x shetland and they are brilliant. They are fantastic to handle, come as soon as you call them even if they are in my farthest fields, always bringing the big horses with them, which is great as I never have to go and get my horses. They are completely traffic proof and my only problem is when I walk them I get stopped my everyone as they want to make a fuss of them. Takes me twice as long to walk than it needs to. I adore them and would love more.

Auslander

Visit site
Auslander - he looks absolutely gorgeous - and so well behaved, if you fancy something that does live up to its reputation would you like to swap for a biting, rearing American Miniature colt who is so cute that when he's behaving he can stop traffic? I can't believe how good my old mini shetland was, Ok he was a bit of an escapologist at times by my god these american jobs are pure crazy.

Bring him over here. Alf will sort him out!

Lizzie66

Visit site
I read your thread and decided he is very cute and I want one. My daughter has been very mean and told me I can't. I wonder whether I can trade ............ LOL

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We built him a windbreak today - it may yet turn into a proper little mini shelter!
Jim (who is well over 17hh) has discovered that if he stands next to it with his head down, it's quite a useful WB shelter too!

Aw, my horse used to do this! We bought a garden shed and put kick boards in and turned it into a mini stable. (An old horse made a reappearance leaving me short of stables!) my 16.2 used to be able to get in up to his withers, the rest being covered by rug so.... Happy days :)
Loving your little chap btw, gorgeous

Auslander

Visit site
I know why he's so well behaved. Judging by how low his tummy is to the ground in the photo, he's not a Shetland, he's a normal sized pony who has sunk up to his knees in mud.

He does have disproportionately short legs! I turned him out in my little grass paddock for a treat the other week, but brought him in again when I realised that his legs were shorter than the mud is deep! He wasn't terribly impressed