Your biggest acheivements..

redmerl

Visit site
Right guys, come on, have a little brag and tell me about your greatest acheivement in competition to date (any pics would be good too
grin.gif
)

How to what level have you compeated?

What are your plans for the future?

Do you currently own your best horse yet?

Im a bit nosy
grin.gif

Eira

Visit site
Have a little brag and tell me about your greatest acheivement in competition to date
I'm only young still
tongue.gif

But proudest moments are :
Competing for my PC nationally
Sitting on my 3yo for the first time
and
Training with David Broome
( sorry not really competiton
blush.gif

A pic of the last two -
meanddavidbroome001.jpg

DSCF0605.jpg

My plans for the future are to enjoy my horse and hopefully start BE with her next season as a 5yo
smile.gif

I'm not sure .. I'm sure in time she will be the best horse I will ever have ...
But at the moment I never did own the best horse i've had the pleasure of riding ( he was only on loan to me and Owner took him back
frown.gif
)

pinktiger

Visit site
my future plans are to keep my horse well and sound enough to do the BYEH classes next year, but as we all know with young horses 'anything can happen'

all the horses i have had have had good and bad points and where one would be tricky, the other excelled(sp) they are all so different and have all, without exception, taught me so much and am grateful to them all, for the experience,,
grin.gif

Starbucks

Visit site
achievments this year have been getting a DC in a PN and daring to go round a NC - in which we got 6th!!
grin.gif

Ever - I was pretty chuffed when Caffrey and I were part of a team that won an Open team chase - our time counted too!!
grin.gif

Future plans - i'm not that ambitious so I'm happy just to keep plodding on - having fun!
smile.gif
Although I would like to do some novice events at some point.
smile.gif

Is current horse best so far - I think it's hard to say as you are always biased towards your current horse, i think. I have found Badger a bit of a challenge, so i wouldn't say he was "the best", but he keeps me entertained the most!
smile.gif

longtalltilly

Visit site
To what level have you competed
Have done abit of county level showing, Intro eventing, open hunter trials, unaffiliated Novice level dressage and Discovery and newcomers SJ

framlingham.jpg

Ernie_Last_Jump.jpg

Image034.jpg

DSC00115-small.jpg

What are your plans for the future
Pre novice BE, End of this season, start of next. More affiliated SJ.

YES!!! From what he was..
P1010474.jpg

to what he is now is amazing!
27062008788-small.jpg

littledownham030-1.jpg

only_me

Visit site
well you asked...
tongue.gif

winning the area trials and going clear xc at sansaw pony club champs:
sansaw2.jpg

sansaw.jpg

and then qualifying for dublin horse show:
fwtemp.jpg

representing northern ireland in tetrathlon

winning a PN at eventing ireland:
CarlaTroughton1-CosmicRolo.jpg

coming 2nd at area trials:
img_5487no39.jpg

and coming 5th at the irish pony club champs:
DSC03009.jpg

AND jumping this at the show of the north
tongue.gif

showofthenorth010.jpg

tongue.gif
sorry for so many photos but you asked
wink.gif

hope to get to young riders teams, but in the mean time, to get to a CCI* would be great
grin.gif

as he is my first horse i wouldnt know if he is the best, but he is better than my superstar old pony!
tongue.gif

AND picked to go to South africa with the pony Club
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

and im only 17
tongue.gif

redmerl

Visit site
Natailya-I saw your pictures of your horse earlier, he is stunning and he doesn't look like the same horse.

Your list of acheivements are just what Im aiming to do too!

Only_Me- Your list is amazing. You must work extremely hard.

seabiscuit

Visit site

Biggest achievements

- getting up to intermediate level eventing, jumping clear round some fab tracks

-finished 22nd in my and the horses first CCI * also completing a * in Spain which was an amazing experience.

-Got onto GB Junior team training and onto the team trials ( the year we had foot and mouth
frown.gif
)

-Qualified for the Pony club eventing championships

- Getting a horse through major back surgery and out competing/winning dressage and showjumping. Therefore learning so much in the process; that horse was such an education.

-working with racehorses off the track; getting them going sweetly.

- Being offered a job at Paul Nicholls racing

Plans for the future-
Badminton/Olympics !
tongue.gif

Realistically right now would just be happy to have a nice season at Novice/ Intermediate level as have not done a thing for years due to problematic horses. Getting to Badminton, or even just a one star, would just be the icing on the cake!

Also very keen to go far in dressage, at least to doing adv-med level nicely.

Do I own the best horse yet?

Mm, in terms of ability, possibly, in terms of brain power/temperment- that has yet to be seen!

redmerl

Visit site
Ouija_Board-That is a serious list
shocked.gif

We might be cheering you on in the Olympics! Dressage is a foreign language to me, Im fasinated by anyone who can do it well.

kerilli

Visit site
producing one of mine, Skylarker, from a youngster to coming 5th in her first 3-day, a 2*.
She then went on to get 2 6th placings at Advanced, once with 1 sj down (would have won otherwise, aarrrggghhh), the other time with 2 sjs down (ditto, iirc). she was utterly impossible in the dressage so this was a major achievement!
oh, nearly forgot, clear xc at our only 3*, slipped on the flat though so lost tons of time, was on the clock 3 fences from home when it happened, would have been top 10 overnight placing otherwise... aaarggghhh. such an unlucky horse, bless her.
also, producing my first homebred all the way, to go double clear round her first CIC** and clear at CCI 2*.
the mare i have at the moment, Katy (currently sidelined due to mystery very slight lameness) feels like a xc machine, like the first one. if i can get her right and sort out the other two phases (!!) she might be a real one!
still really hoping to get to 4* level, but realising just how difficult it is to find a horse tough enough.
frown.gif
frown.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
I would not say i had any major acheivements...don't get me wrong it was once a dream to ride a PN and i have with my last horse but never to a successful level.

I guess i would say a 4th at intro with my last horse in horrendous weather at Houghton Hall, and other general placings.

biggest acheivement would be what i have done with Digby so far, we have had clears at BN and round decent XC courses and a placing at a riding club regional ODE after him havng done nothing until December.
dressage4.jpg

sheepfeederover.jpg

img171.jpg

only a few photos i have loads i love
smile.gif
tongue.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
Thank you, I was just very lucky to have a fabolous horse at the time. Fingers crossed for the Olympics but the odds for me and the horse getting there are probably at about 10 billion - 1 at the moment! But Ive just sold one horse so that I can plough all the money and time into non-stop training and lessons.

Bossanova

Visit site
Things that I am proud of-

-Coping with Boss through pony club and growing together up to intermediate BE
-Jumping clear round both our CIC**s and double clear in the only 3 day event we were both wel enough to attend!
-Wearing top hat and tails several times
Bosssalpdr5.jpg

-Producing Moon from this, an untouched 5 year old-
Moon.jpg

To this, the most enjoyable little horse I will probably ever have the pleasure of owning-
111144.jpg

-Moon jumping cracking clears round her first 2 intermediates

-Riding some pretty un-special horses but acheiving things their owners never thought was possible on them!

Moon is undoubtedly the best horse I've had yet

In the future I need to switch nationalities and get to a major championship- preferably the olympics.

kirstyfk

Visit site
A couple of moments which stick out.

Winning the Isle of Arran Farmers show riding pony class 3 days after I sat on my new pony. The photo is the next year I think I was 3rd.
april2.jpg

Winning a 2' ODE when I was 11 on Sparkle
sparkle2.jpg

Winning the Riding Club Area 22 Junior Horse Trials when I was 13 on my 25 year old Super star pony. I am afraid I don't have any photos of Mr B on the computer! It was the last ODE I won and thats 10 years ago now.

Jumping 1.25m when I was 14 on my dad's mare. Also being picked to represent my branch in the Intermediate eventing team the same year on her.

Having a qualifying place at the Area Trials for the Pony Club Championships the year after, however, it was foot and mouth year so no championships. And our good horse died at the end of the year
frown.gif

Taking a just backed 5 year old from not ever having jumped in April to going clear at her first Intro in September. Sadly her owner wanted to sell her afterwards and I couldn't afford her.

IM002071_edited.jpg

Representing my University in BUSA Teams for the 4 years I was at university and being team captain for the last 2. Also winning the team competition at our home competition last year. The first time we had won and I came 3rd, my highest placing.
1981066042a6854589947l.jpg

Last one, I promise.
Completing a 3DE, be it a 2'9 unaffiliated one. I came 2nd last as I fell off at the first XC jump (whoops) but had a fantastic time and now really want to do a CCI* - just lacking the horse power now!
DSCF1710.jpg

Jade2007

Visit site
your greatest acheivement in competition to date
Jumping in two of the derbys at Towerlands. I had fallen off twice in the past fortnight before jumping and lost a lot of confidence, so to go clear was thrilling
laugh.gif

901.jpg

www.flashharryphotography.co.uk

How to what level have you compeated?
Done newcomers BSJA a couple of times

Would love to get Boomer back up to 1.15m's again so I can actually qualify for something! Am going to start riding a horse soon that was bred from a horse that jumps in the Hickstead Speed Derby! So hopefully will be able to get him to a decent level.

Indeed, all of the other ponies I've had have been first ponies, little sh*ts that try and kick you in the head at every chance, and pony club ponies.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Haha, what a good post.. all horsey people love to show off
grin.gif

Moments i'm most proud of...
(SORRY FOR PIC OVERLOAD)

Riding in the main arean at Wembley, HOYS, 1997
[image]
cb3.jpg
[/image]

Being picked for the England team, and getting the chance to compete in Ireland (Dublin main arean)
n594965611_1170081_3593.jpg

The chance to ride in 'Top Hat 'n Tails'..
n561120714_1318234_1744.jpg

Completing my first CCI**
n561120714_512374_7223.jpg

Knowing i can turn a horse from this...
n561120714_1200389_7739.jpg

To This... in a fairly short time...
n561120714_1579656_1231.jpg

And producing some lovely young horses from scratch.. with no facilities, no school, no jumps, and no trainer..

n561120714_1074147_6761.jpg

n561120714_512445_1930.jpg

n561120714_57121_1503.jpg

n561120714_57110_9404.jpg

n561120714_1725125_5540.jpg

Rosiefan

Visit site
Shouldn't be posting this as I'm not Rosie, only her Grandma, but I'm gonna give it a go.
Winning her first point to point age 16 (she's since won 3 more); being short-listed for the GB junior eventing team last month; qualifying and riding someone else's pony in the Fox at HOYS; winning the small GP at on her own pony at POYS.
But I suspect she'd be most proud of having won her eventing section at the PC Champs last year on her appaloosa BB. He was her (unbroken, 3 year old) 12th birthday present and she did it by herself apart from the breaking-in.

She has competed up to 2*, finishing in 21st place but with a shed-load of SJ faults (which I know she was definitely not proud of
grin.gif
). She has a very good horse now but I think she's hoping someone will offer her a ride on an even better one. She's another one who would love to do Badminton/Olympics one day.
Oh, and she's only 17 too.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I started seriously competing relatively late in comparison some.

Winning a BE PN on Sorcha who taught me so much including how to stay on!
Copyofsorchasale003.jpg

Later helping her through a colic op and her recovery and getting her fit to compete again.

Achieving my ambition of competing intermediate with Sarnita (a horse I produced totally myself) and then going to be competitive at that level with several top 6 finishs.
GatcombeSpring07002.jpg

To have been 7th in my first 3 day event at Weston 1*
Sarnitaweston-1.jpg

To have cmpeted abroad and worn the British flag and been best of the British in a CCI**
IMG_8924.jpg

Also producing all my horses from scratch to achieve a good level. I have this season produced a just backed 4 year old to be 6th in a BE Intro with a double clear. I work full time and have no school at home!
Poppy.jpg

Hopefully I can achieve a lot more with Sarnita we hope to go advanced next year and maybe compete at Blenhiem or a similiar event.

I think she is likely to be the best horse I ever own but you never know!

catembi

Visit site
WOW to a lot of the people who have already posted. You're AMAZING!!! And what superb pictures.

My best sounds rather humble in comparison... Cat & I did our 1st bsja 1 m 15 before he got sick... & we got round in one piece. It's an unbelievable achievement for me even tho it's nothing compared with everyone else, because I'm not the world's bravest or most talented rider & Cat was quite a tricky horse.

I always thought Cat would be my once in a lifetime horse, but now I've got Adrian, that has changed.

My original ambitions when I first got Cat were just to *compete* in affil dr & sj. Now my ultimate aims are to get to advanced dr & jump foxes. We will keep plugging away & see what happens.

Halfstep

Visit site
Mine are:

Getting a fairly ordinary horse from a nappy 6 yr old to Grade A, and he was my first horse after ponies - he was sold to fund my education.

Representing my country as a Junior (even though we didn't do particularly well.....:(.

Learning to ride dressage, and taking a croup high IDx to Advanced Medium.

Really learning to have an effective seat (thanks to some very tough lessons and months without stirrups being screamed at).

Finally cracking my hugely talented but extremely naughty warmblood, who I hope will finally get me into top hat and tails.
smile.gif

Rosiefan

Visit site
QR What superstars you all are - all at different levels but without exception looking forward to achieving even more. Wow
cool.gif
cool.gif

lucym

Visit site
this is such a fab post, and some amazing achievments, we need to do another one in a few years to see how we have all progressed
to date i am most proud of producing my 4yo to compete sucessfully and last time out did a 19.9 Dressage which i never beleived was a score even possible that we would be able to achieve
smile.gif
i am like a proud mummy and even kept his first shoes

chester1234

www.lkequestrian.com
Have a little brag and tell me about your greatest acheivement in competition to date (any pics would be good too )

I'd say winning one of my classes at Trailblazers Championships 2008 with Chester - it was both our first times there, and we weren't expecting anything at all. With the class having over 40 people in it, and it being two phase, to go in third and win was a pretty nerve-wracking but amazing experience. Peter getting 7's for his paces in his first tests, getting a 40.6 in the deep going and hail in only his second event at Solihull [1] this year, having only had him since February, and having taught him everything since then. He was called "a lovely stamp of horse".
And winning a senior British Novice at Arena UK on Tally when I was 14 was pretty special too.

I think also being able to say I've produced all my horses to what they are now having only just turned 16 is a pretty big achievement too. I took Tally [16.3] on at 11 after my 13.2 broke, and produced him from a hunter / hack to a horse with BSJA winnings up to Newcomers, and about to move up to Novice BE.

1z2dk3m.jpg
Tally at the Dengie 1.10m Area Finals

Peter has only hunted all his life, and I took him on in February having done limited [8 wks worth] of flatwork, and he's doing his first Novice in two weeks time and was selected to represent our branch at Area Eventing. He was also 6th in the Dengie 1.10m Area Final -->

35jfryw.jpg

and is about to move up to Foxhunter. Chester was a fresh 4 yo when I got him, and through a motorbike accident and surgery, I've managed to produce him to win BSJA and at Trailblazers '08, and he's doing his first PN in two weeks time.

izlw9d.jpg
Chester at Gt Witchingham, where he got a clear SJ and 1 stop xc. It was at F2 and COMPLETELY my fault.

Big brag there!

How to what level have you competed?

Junior and Senior Newcomers, and PN BE, about to move up to Novice and Foxhunter.

Short term I want to produce Peter to doing Grade C's & B's as he's more than capable. I want to do a JRN on Tally, and I want Chester to go clear round his first PN in September [he's only just 14.1]

But like everyone long term is top of the tree Olympics.

Peter will certainly take me further than I've ever been, but Sharlie [my 13.2 that ripped her whole check ligament] was the best horse ever. I lost all my confidence jumping to the point I wouldn't do trotting poles. I went to try Sharlie and jumped 2" - then I asked for the fence to be put up. We trusted each other entirely. I was a nervous wreck, and she'd never jumped higher than a 2"9 single fence. Within six months we were doing PC open teams, being the sole clear in the 2nd round at Forest Edge. Someone said she'd never make a jumper as her back was too long [a good 5"9] but she cleared 1.15m in a puissance, placing 6th against horses who eventually cleared 5 " [we clipped the triple bar, completely my fault.] She owes us nothing, but I owe her everything. She had a cracking pop, and would try and jump the moon if I asked her. She's still unworkable after 5 years, but I could never euthanise her.

vic07

Visit site
winning 2 pn, completing one on the dressage of 27. Competed at hickstead premier legaue at psg and getting good places at adv-med. Going clear round 2 be intermeadiates and numerous novices. Placings at novice be and JRN. All on horses I have produced from cheap, naughty rejects like the apple of my eye below!

0610200008.jpg

I am hoping the 3yo and 4yo will be my best horses!

now_loves_mares

Visit site
Can't resist!

Most of my most memorable moments have been on one horse, the superstar I got when I was 15. On him I:

Won the first PC ODE we entered, just by sitting on him...

Led after dressage at my first JRN, with a score of 25 (whatever that converts to these days, this was 1990!). The comment at the bottom was "Very well ridden, have you ever considered taking up dressage seriously".... (no, there are no jumps, but thanks
smile.gif
)

Came within 3 time penalties of qualifying for the JRN 3-day the same season.

Won Area interbranch, qualifying for PC champs

Was told by a Judge who has judged Badminton, and rode him when she was training me, that he was "like a Rolls-Royce"

So - no surprise that this little 15.2 scrawny whippet was my horse of a lifetime. But now I have a 4-yo that, just possibly, might prove to be better......

My aim would be to get back up to Novice again, but in all honesty, a 3-day and an intermediate would be fabulous beyond belief
smile.gif

cheekycharley

Visit site
I have have my best horse now - I have had her since 2002 when she was 7 1/2 and I was 14 1/2.... Since then I have won an open pc ode, won a pn and been second at a pn. represented my pony club at area in dressage, showjumping and eventing. dressage i was third at area in 2006 - the person who finished 1% ahead of me went on to win the indivdual championships.....

My ponio I had her from when she was just broken and she didnt get how to jump a double.... we went from getting e'd at comps to winning - whilst showjumping - I think my first showjumping rossette was a first with her! She has since jumped gatcombe pc second round clear and jumped open cross country courses - me and sis think she would make ace pony at be but mum would never let us....

My bestest pony i won my first ode on her a week after getting her and then again a few years later, as well as a 2nd at mini area horse trials.

My aims - to compete at novice (I was nearly getting there, having competed one clear xc and i showjump down, but then my horse got a splint so back to pn) and to go to aldon pn3d this year.

rara007

Visit site
Have a little brag and tell me about your greatest acheivement in competition to date (any pics would be good too )
I am pretty chuffed with my super-pony, Pip. From going into events knowing we would be last in dressage and have to play catch up in the marathon, in 2007, and the begining for 2008, to getting 2nd best pony dressage at his 2nd event this year. And 9th in Austria in the dressage, to be in the top 10 in such a huge class with loads of classy looking ponies was totally beyond expectation.
Being the higest placed briton in the marathon was pretty special too, in 6th and 5th overal is still a little unbeleivable.
Pip085.jpg

How to what level have you competed? International
laugh.gif

Just have to say it again International
laugh.gif

In horse driving trials this year I am Aff. Novice, next year I'm hoping to go intermediate.

What are your plans for the future? 2011 pony world championships. (In driving ponies are done by adults, so will be against them, especially for selection, which is more competitive than for the horses in GB.)

Do you currently own your best horse yet? In terms of potential, yes, in terms of easy to do, certainly not!

clairel

Visit site
Ok so my biggest achievements to date are winning the BHS XC Champs at Eland Lodge on my naughty rescue horse!
camaraseptember05114.jpg

and winning my 1st EI event on her!
Also very proud of finishing 5th in my 1st BE event and 1st PN after moving to england to work. And taking the horse noone wanted to compete at Novice level
DSCF0830.jpg

My aim was always to have a number below 10 at an event which I have now acheived a couple of times (I know its strange!) So my new ambition is to ride in top hat and tails!
If all goes to plan my new horse Nicky will help me with this one next spring.

Although the new horse is more talented, Skew-whiff is the most kind natured and generous horse I will probably ever own. Unfortunately I have just had to retire her due to vet problems but with a bit of luck Nicky will turn out alright too!