Your dream bridle? Help with bridle shopping please

DonskiWA

Visit site
I've just bought my dream, mid- life crisis horse and now I need to go shopping.
He's a fine 15.2 TB, so I'm probably after a cob size in black.
I'm happy to lash out with dollars but only want to pay the big bucks if they REALLY are that good and not just a fad or full of hype.
What would be the best brand of bridle you could think of?

Damnation

Visit site
Evison equine, about £90, beautiful leather, so soft and supple!

Also has the rare options of a cavesson noseband (with no flash loop) and a drop noseband. The poll is also slightly cut back for ear room.

I bought mine as a drop noseband bridle but the noseband itself was too big, they swapped for a cavesson very quickly and easily, communicated through Facebook, no fuss!

Would reccomend them whole heartedly!

vam

Visit site
Love my Dy'on bridle, they do lots of different type so some are more expensive than others. Lovely leather.
Also really like English Bridles, they just don't do the type of headpiece I like but the leather is lovely and the people nice to deal with.
Sabre bridles are my other choice, nice leather and last forever.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I love my sabre bridles -I have the Cordoba and also have cavesson and drop options :)
I'd love to try my funny cob in a fairfax though.

MaMurphy

New User
Visit site
I went for Sabre - a cordoba German silver with a sensitive, padded headpiece which is also curved round the ears. I wanted a white-lined, raised cavesson as well. The cheek pieces, noseband and throatlash all fasten both sides and can be different lengths to fit the horse if necessary. The leather is soft and I've been really pleased with it. I know I don't wear it but it looks ever so comfortable!!

buddylove

Visit site
After much thinking I am going with a wolds exclusive Bling bridle with their revelation headpiece. Should be arriving for a 2 week trial shortly - can't wait!!!

pansymouse

Visit site
I'm a bridle maker and the only bridle I would actually buy is a Dyon - the leather and workmanship is lovely. I do have one but it's for absolute best. I have a Kate Negus for everyday which I bought before I started making - I wouldn't buy another; the leather isn't great.

DirectorFury

Visit site
CWD, Dyon, or Silver Crown.

My Dyon bridle is used for daily riding and hacking and has survived everything I've thrown at it so far, including some pretty impressive neglect and serious lack of conditioning :eek:. A lot of our riding is done on a beach so there's a lot of salt in the air for tack to contend with - my leather girth died after 4 months and my saddle needs babying but the bridle doesn't seem affected by it at all :).

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I've been so so impressed with my Shires! It's an Adelfia which I think is their version of "higher end quality"
It's the dressage or flash version can't think which but it's got a padded headpiece and removable flash (no loop left) which seems rare.
It's got rolled leather and gummy reins and I love it ;)

Charlie007

Visit site
Some great suggestions on this post. I was looking to buy a bridle but bought a dressage saddle instead oopps!! Now looking for a bridle for a very pretty fine headed Tb. !

soloequestrian

Visit site
I hated the Evison and their customer service was terrible! I have a Jeffries IR which is lovely and I think it's the make that Valegro favours....